Simple
read ebook

Simple

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  201 ratings  ·  34 reviews
The original publication with Silver Publishing is no longer available. Simple is now only available through Amazon.

The moment when the world tilts on its axis, completely changing everything. The instant when suddenly everything just falls into place. The second when a heart shatters into a million tiny pieces, only to settle back into place, complete for the first time....more
Published July 30th 2011 (first published July 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Simple, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Simple

Serena Yates
What do you get when two men with self-confidence issues fall in love? The short answer is: angst. The longer answer is: lots and lots of angst. But the truth is, in the way this romance between Brycen and James develops, the angst, misunderstandings and sheer agony both of them have to go through is almost overwhelming. The back and forth, lack of communication and sheer stupidity of both of them in some situations almost did me in. But you know what? It still held me glued to the pages. For th...more
Kristie
Awwww, you guys. This is yet again, so sweet! I loved this book, so full of angst, uncertainties and characters full of insecurities. Bry and John's trip into true love had me crying with sad and happy tears. At that point when their lack of communication and insecurities had me all weepy, it all started to get better.

This is a quick read but full of emotion.
Leaundra
MandyM
2.5 stars. I think the title sums it up. A lightweight, fluffy story that will appeal to some but it's not my style.
Veronica / Miss V
So much unnecessary angst, these 2 guys behave like 2 silly females.
Arthur
Both Brycen and John have issue with their self confidence due to their past relationships. The first met in a club, then in a coffee shop owned by Brycen's best friend, Natte. John was sitting alone on a table. Brycen didn't want to do anything so that Natte sent a cup of coffee, saying it's from Brycen. When John came to thank Brycen, they realized what Natty had done to them. Brycen told John how the barista and him were close friends and they were introduced to each other. It started the con...more
Charlie Richards
This title is perfect. I could not stop reading!
Stacey Jo
Brycen and James both meet briefly in a bar and are very taken with each other, but neither get a name. A few days later, they meet again, but this time, James makes sure to ask Brycen out. This is the start of a very tenuous relationship. It's tenuous because both are so reserved and have so little faith in the stability of their relationship. It's enough to make you want to strangle the two of them if you didn't like them so much. Both of them have good reason not to trust anyone though so you...more
Mrs Condit & Friends Read Books
For two men who want a monogamous relationship these guys sure had an awful lot of trouble getting away under sail. Thank goodness for steadfast friends who continue to encourage them. How can something as simple as a first date, a second date, getting to know one another, moving to the next level of a relationship become so complicated? I had to wonder how they would have acted if there had been no Elijah and no Jacob (the wretched exes) in their pasts. Does this story have a simple ending? Not...more
Romance
What I love about this author is that you can feel the physical connection in all the right places. At times, it's a bit vouyeristic and intense, but who doesn't love that in a good romance?!

What I have noticed about the characters is that there is such a strong physical connection with individual introspection, but not enough communication between the characters until they have their big emotional airing. I'd adore the characters that Peterson writes about, but I would love to see the character...more
mw138
Simple was a sweet love story about two men, Brycen and John, who feel drawn to each other and deeply connected even though neither believes he is good enough. It was sad to read all of the doubts and insecurities each man possessed. Both Brycen and John had great qualities, but memories of their exes nearly ruined their budding relationship.

While heavy on the angst and miscommunication between the two main characters characters, overall this was a cute, steamy story.
Chris
2.5 stars. Ok m/m romance about two very insecure guys in a relationship together, neither thinking he's good enough for the other, and waiting for the other shoe to drop. This was a bit too sweet for me, and, unfortunately, I found the guys annoying.
Laura M
I really like the hurt/comfort kinds of stories, and in this one, both guys are recovering from emotionally abusive exs. An interesting book where each one feels unworthy, but wants desperately to make the relationship work.
Lisa
Simple, easy novella read. A chance meeting starts off a relationship that quickly becomes the stuff of dreams, full of passion, heat and easy companionship....but both Brysen and John have both come out of demanding past relationships which have left them lacking and unsure of their worth. This need of theirs to be better for the other causes a lot of miscommunication and frustration on the "right" way to act. When an incident is seen wrong, the hurt and anger overides common sense, but eventua...more
Shannon
This was a very sweet book, but I would have to agree with the others that the MC's insecurities were over the top. Even then, a very enjoyable read.
Marsha Spence
I really loved this story. Both MC's being so insecure was really touching and sweet. I was thrilled when everything worked out!
Raevyn
I loved the characters and the story is a prime example of lack of communication.
❧Gwen❤❦
Sweet and Simple and I Liked It!

Anke
Weak 3 stars
Eran Sagi
well , this book is really simple .
self confidence ? i don't think so . it borders with blindness .
its a story about two handsome guys , destiny let them cross together in a bar neither one of them wanted
to go but forced by his friends .
one spills beer on the other and i am sorry , let me clean it up , no need , ill buy you a new beer, no thanks , have a good night .
NOW !
they are going separate ways and they can't stop thinking about each other .
i don't get it really .
destiny hits twice and...more
Apollo
It was a decent book. The story line wasn't that interesting to be honest. After reading "Plan B", by the same author i decided to read "Simple" and honestly, its not nearly as good as "Plan B". I just couldn't relate to the characters, and the plot was cliche and boring.
Robyn J Reads
I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. The MC's are quite different from Ms Petersons other works but their love was simple and right, but not their misunderstandings of each other. Two guys, who's self confidence had been put into question by assholery ex's, eventually realise their love for each other was quite simple. The just needed to let it be.
EllieNY
Meh. Simple stories can be good but not in this case. This story is about two gorgeous, perfect guys burned by past love who've lost all self-confidence. 99% of the book was about their internal ramblings which went something like:
"I'm not good enough for you"
"No, I'm not good enough for you"
"No, no. I am definitely not good enough for you"
"I beg to disagree, but I am more not good enough for you than you are not good enough for me."

I like SJD Peterson but this one is not for me.
Danni
This was a sweet story about Brycen and John, who have both been hurt in previous relationships. Their confidences have been destroyed by previous boyfriends who have convinced them that they were not good enough. The two men go so well together, and enjoy each others company, but they still have a problem believing that they are good enough for the other. I really liked the two guys and I was glad that they found confidence in each other and with each other.
Christy Duke
What a beautiful story. And a tragic reminder of how cruel people can be and how they don't think twice about the things they say.
Here we have Brycen and John, both amazing, wonderful men who because of prior relationships cruelty, don't feel worthy of each other at all. In the end they learn the most important lesson of all. A true love isn't supposed to be that hard. It really can be simple.
Hellen
3.5
It's about two guys that are instantly attracted to each other. They have had bad experiences with their exes which causes them to be insecure and self-doubting. The book is kinda sweet; they try to overcome their past and believe they are worthy of someone. My only complain is some scenes were a bit forced and the two MCs feel a connection based on lust.
Will Parkinson
Oh god. This book was so good. It shows how awful people can make us feel about ourselves and how hard it can be to get over it.

Sjd Peterson tore me to pieces with this story and I'm grateful for her putting me back together at the end.

I don't think I would have survived very well if the ending hadn't been as perfect and Simple as it was.
Katy Beth Mckee
John and Bryon each of their feelings of insecurity from past relationships almost derail this new one. The simple way things are working out almost causes them to miss out.
Mel
This book is now on my faves shelf . Loved this book, and SJD offically has his/her own bookshelf on my kindle. Thank you for your "goodreads".

вιвℓισρнιℓια {кιηgѕℓєу & ѕøяєη ƒσяєνєя}
What's more simple than love?

Love, love, LOVED this book, and it got my M/M heart beating again *bounces round like tigger*
  • The Soldier's Tale
  • Home and Heart
  • I Survived Seattle (Coming About, #1)
  • For The Living
  • Taxes and TARDIS
  • The Trouble With Angel
  • Dawn in the Orchard
  • A Hold on His Heart
  • Smashed into Pieces (Clear Water Creek Chronicles #2)
  • A Good Vintage
  • Sand & Water
  • The Lord's Tale
  • Marked (Roads, #1.5)
  • Love in La Terraza
  • Unshakeable Faith
  • No Such Thing (Belonging #1)
  • Beneath the Shield (Arbor Heights #1)
  • In the Shadow of a Hero
It's been an amazing journey since DSP first contracted Lorcan's Desire in January 2011. I've published 2 free reads with the M/M Romance group, my back list is growing, met some great people and have made some amazing friends.
I'm still in shock that I'm listed among the many talented authors at Dreamspinner Press! The little voice in the back of my head is screaming, "You are so out of your leagu...more
More about S.J.D. Peterson...
Plan B Pup (Guards of Folsom, #1) Beyond Duty (Short story) Lorcan's Desire (Whispering Pines Ranch, #1) Tag Team (Guards of Folsom, #2)

“I tried pulling myself out of the gutter once,” Natty snickered. “I got bored.” 5 likes