Start by marking “Code of Justice” as Want to Read:
Code of Justice

Code of Justice

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  21 reviews

"Follow the drugs."

Her sister's last words shake FBI agent Heather Sloan to the core. They also convince her that the helicopter crash only Heather survived wasn't an accident. Sheriff's deputy Jeremy Latham is assigned the casehe's the one who can help Heather find the person responsibleonce she convinces him they should work together. As they dig for the truth, they lear

Published March 1st 2011 by Steeple Hill Books (first published February 9th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Code of Justice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Code of Justice

Janet Marie Dowell
This book is a MUST Read! It will keep you on the edge of your seat....You will not want to put it down!! It is a story of forgiveness, hope and redemption, and faith!!!
Amy Jacobs

After participating in a previous blog tour for this author, I was excited when she asked me to join this one as well! When it comes to Inspirational Romance I can be a little hesitant on accepting the book for review. Since I read the previous book by the author, I knew that she had the ability to pull it off without coming across as "preachy" that some books in this genre can be like.

When Heather loses her sister in a plane crash that they were both involved in, she can't get her sisters final
Title: CODE OF JUSTICE
Author: Liz Johnson
Publisher: Love Inspired Suspense
March 2011
ISBN: 978-0-373-44434-2
Genre: Inspirational/romantic suspense

FBI agent Heather Sloan and her sister, Kit, had been on a sight-seeing trip in a helicopter when the helicopter rotors fail and they crash. Heather is the sole survivor of the crash, but her sister’s last words are confusing. “Follow the drugs…” Heather doesn’t have any idea what that might mean, but she believes the crash wasn’t an accident.

Jeremy La
Delia
Special Agent Heather Sloan’s sister is killed in a helicopter crash that leaves Heather injured but alive. Kit manages to tell Heather to “follow the drugs” before she dies, which raises an alert in Heather’s mind. When investigation proves the copter was sabotaged, she’s determined to see justice for her sister’s death.

Heather sets out to track down Kit’s killer, along with Sheriff’s Deputy Jeremy Latham. But despite their best efforts, the two of them continue to come up against dead ends. An
Susan
I'm looking forward to reading this one....it looks interesting! Thanks, Goodreads!

3/08/11 - I finished this book last night. It was interesting and I enjoyed the relationships between Heather (one of my favorite names - I gave it to my daughter!) and Jeremy and between Jeremy and his friend, Tony. I usually read mysteries, but I like to be surprised by the perpetrator near the end of the story. Unfortunately, I figured out the puzzle well in advance of finishing this book. I still enjoyed readi
Kathleen Kelly
I am happy to participate in the Blog Tour for Code of Justice by Liz Johnson. The story takes place over a period of approximately 2-3 week timeframe. A helicopter crash takes the life of Heather Sloan's sister Kit and the pilot. At first it seems to be an accident, but after an incident in the hospital where Heather is recuperating from the crash, does it become something other than an accident. Heather is an FBI agent and her sister was a Deputy DA and when Heather meets Jeremy who is a Sheri ...more
Melissa
I received this book through Goodreads First Reads this week.

I LOVED this book. This is the third book about a team of FBI special agents from author Liz Johnson.

In this story Special Agent Heather Sloan's sister Kit is killed in a helicopter crash that only Heather survives. With Kit's last words a mystery is thrust in to Heather's lap. Several attempts are made on her life as she and Sheriff's Deputy Jeremy Latham investigate what caused her sister's murder and who's out to silence Heather a
Kathleen
I received a copy for review from Goodreads First Reads.

This book is Liz Johnson's third about a group of FBI agents in Portland, Oregan. In this one we meet Special Agent Heather Sloan as she investigates her sister's death. Heather and Kit were both in a tour helicopter that crashes, leaving Heather as the only survivor. She determines to involve herself in the investigation to find the cause of the crash and solve the mystery of Kit's cryptic final words, "Follow the drugs", but first she mus
April
I received this book free from goodreads yesterday Mar. 5, 2011.

I enjoyed the suspense, subtle romance and foreshadowing. The story was one to cause anyone who's suffered the loss of someone dear to think about their reaction.

I did find several places where edits were needed. Several places words were either transposed or deleted, but it was not enough to keep me from enjoying the story.

The discussion questions at the end are thought provoking.

I will answer them at a later date. In conclusion
Mombo
Revenge vs justice, sometimes it's hard not to confuse the two. I could see Heather and Jeremy's points of view on the subject perfectly throughout the story.

I totally enjoyed the way the suspense in this book never let up and the romance between Heather and Jeremy kept building, too. I kept reading and hoping they'd get a break in the case before they end up like the knights in Monty Python and the Holy Grail vs the killer bunny. They just kept getting injured and bruised and battered, my shoul
Glenda
Guessing whose the criminal in the story is interesting. A story of letting go of the pass and forgiving oneself. A good read!
Linda Ortiz
Apr 25, 2012 Linda Ortiz rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
"Follow the Drugs," were the last words Kit Sloan said to her sister after a helicopter crash. Heather Sloan an FBI agent is the only survivor of the crash. She is determine to find who was responsible for killing her sister. With the help of Sheriff Jeremy Latham who is assigned to the case. They both go on a wild ride in tracking down the killer.

This story was riveting. It had you wanting to know what was going to happen next to Heather. A great story that you can't put down.
Jerrilyn
Okay book , fast read. 2/3 of the way in " Oh no they didn't go there!" But they did and I knew who did it. Kind of ruined the story for me. There was no big " Who did it " ending for me.
Love story part of the book was the same old thing. Don't like each other, then do, then don't. Try no to fall in love with each other etc.... I just keep thinking" Kiss already".
Go ahead and read it. It was an okay story. I'm just not into love stories.
Jtp
Thanks, Goodreads, for sending me another winner!

I'm not a Harlequin-type reader, but this book was more suspense than love story, and it was very good. I enjoyed the characters and the story flowed very well.

Looking forward to more books by this author.
Charlene Amsden
Keep me in suspense, I love it! The best books grab their readers on the first page and pull them all the way through to the very last word. Code of Justice kept me guessing, and that kept me reading. This is Liz Johnson’s third book and she just keeps getting better.
Judine
While I enjoy Jeremy and Heather as a couple, the fact that they are both law enforcement officers who agree to break the rules is a bit troubling. Also, Jeremy taking care of Heather is sweet, but the rate it happens is too fast.
Trish
Good suspense kept you wondering who the culprit was right up to the end.
Sami
This book was amazing- filled with love- it was just awesome!!!!
Becky Gibson
loved it keeps you on edge till the very last min.
Lisa
Cute, quick, sweet little book club read with nice twists.
Heidi
I enjoyed this book. It keep you guessing!
Nichole
Nichole marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
linda Morrison
linda Morrison marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Charlyn Green
Charlyn Green marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Bonnie
Bonnie marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
A Promise to Protect SEAL Under Siege Stolen Memories Vanishing Act (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #209) The Kidnapping of Kenzie Thorn