Start by marking “127 Hours: The Shooting Script” as Want to Read:
127 Hours: The Shooting Script

127 Hours: The Shooting Script

To ask other readers questions about 127 Hours, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 127 Hours

Karen
Dec 13, 2011 Karen rated it really liked it
I liked his writing, and even his egotistical perspective. I loved reading about his journeys, and alternating between irritation with his decisions and fascination with his unbounded sense of adventure. He's cocky, rough around the edges, and not looking for a future. He doesn't blame anyone but himself for his accident.

This book also drove me crazy. I was suddenly unsatisfied with my life and itching to explore the world, climb mountains, and do something physically exhausting every day. But
Liam Coates
127 hours is a startling story based on a true story. It is set in the blue john canyons. The book is about a man named Aron Ralstone who goes hiking in the blue john canyons and he stands on a boulder. The boulder falls, and he falls down with a boulder between two ledges. He gets his arm trapped between the ledge and the boulder. Unable to move his arm to call for help, Aron is in an extremely difficult situation. Will Aron be able to survive or will he be trapped there until his death?

One of
純一郎 長谷川
Oct 08, 2013 純一郎 長谷川 rated it it was amazing
This is a truly inspiring book!. It is not just a book about "the man that cut his arm off", it's a book about life, friends, family, the wilderness, adventure, climbing, snow sports, biology, disability, spirituality, and the media's reaction to one man's experience. Aaron's reflections on his life as he experienced them over his time in the canyon works very well as a narrative device to keep the tension whilst exploring his thoughts. His exit from the boulder, despite being built-up for so lo ...more
Steve Sorenson
Jun 06, 2013 Steve Sorenson rated it it was amazing
If you enjoyed the movie , you'll love all the detail and self reflection and think about how choices you make in your own life can become that rock waiting to fall and potentially trap you
I loved so many quotes in this book-- it doesn't have to be fun to be fun
I also seriously contemplated how tough I could be in that kind of situation and could I do what it took to survive.
There are a lot of long chapters dedicated to past hiking adventures that can be skipped if you are only interested in the
Danny Karmin
Dec 20, 2012 Danny Karmin rated it liked it
127 Hours was an amazing book! Main character, Aron Ralston is on for an adventure in Utah's Canyonlands National Park. Throughout Aron's adventure, he sees a lot of cool stuff and the scenery is beautiful. Aron is hiking through the canyons until, a giant rock gets unattached and it falls on his arm. Aron is stuck with a giant rock on his arm for 6 straight days, and he is running out of water and food. What will Aron Do? You will have to read to find out! I rated this book 3 stars out of 5 bec ...more
Jef
Aug 07, 2012 Jef rated it liked it
Shelves: adventure
Discusses the true story of adventurer Aron ralston, who is trapped under a chock stone for 127, miraculously surviving. This is an inspiring story of survival, intertwined with the life story of Aron & the moments of his mortality. For someone not interested in the outdoors this may be a bit technical however I enjoyed the book
Leanne Keenoo
Sep 12, 2012 Leanne Keenoo rated it liked it
A man with a liking for extreme sports gets his hand and lower arm trapped between 2 rocks and this story tells of his dilemma on how to get out of his predicament with limited resources and no help!
Very descriptive and intense in places.
A really good read but perhaps not for the faint hearted
Jack Wallace
Apr 17, 2012 Jack Wallace rated it it was amazing
127 hours! What a great film but it is even better in the book because it explains what it was like from Aron ralstons perspective. It makes you realise how much of and amazing,extroidnairy man Aron Ralston is.
Lbmask
Feb 20, 2011 Lbmask rated it it was amazing
127 hours is quite morbid, but it draws me in. I found the Script online and read it in a few hours as opposed to doing homework. I have now read the book 127hours, watched the movie, and read the movie script. I think it's time to move on.... Farewell Aaron Ralston!
Catherine
Dec 03, 2011 Catherine rated it really liked it
Had my heart in my mouth early on as you know something dramtic is going to happen....... once it does, I have settled into a good read :)
Katrina King
Oct 25, 2011 Katrina King rated it really liked it
this book was really scary and out of it how he had to cut his arm off but it is very impressive how he survives by drinking his own urine???
B
Mar 13, 2011 B rated it really liked it
excellent book - nearly a 5 star but rambles a bit throughout the middle when he's describing previous adventures. What an ending though!! Must see the movie now...
isabel jeruzal
Aug 17, 2011 isabel jeruzal rated it really liked it
What a read. I quickly rushed past the squeamish section. Aron Ralston certainly is an awesome guy to have come out of this journey still with his adventurous drive still in tact. Amazing!!!
Victoria
Aug 24, 2012 Victoria rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Every outdoor enthusiast!
Shelves: favorites
Amazing and completely inspiring! I am inspired to be adventurous, and to follow my passion... and to always tell someone where and when they are going on adventures!!
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2012
David
David rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2013
Mousa
Mousa rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2012
Mas
Mas rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2015
Keith Foley
Keith Foley rated it really liked it
Sep 16, 2011
K
K rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2011
Angella
Angella rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2012
Jake Deneui
Jake Deneui rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2013
Kelly
Kelly rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2011
Alana Underwood
Alana Underwood rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2011
Joanna M
Joanna M rated it it was amazing
Feb 09, 2012
Mel Finn
Mel Finn rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2011
Janice Walsh
Janice Walsh rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2016
Old_sox
Old_sox rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2012
Oraetta Minor
Oraetta Minor rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2015
tomdotcom
tomdotcom rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • 12 Angry Men (1957 Film)
  • Monsters, Inc (Disney's Wonderful World Of Reading)
  • Do the Right Thing: A Spike Lee Joint
  • Inception: The Shooting Script
  • The Matrix: The Shooting Script
  • Mona Lisa Smile
  • Matchstick Men: A Novel About Grifters with Issues
  • Tangled (Disney's Tangled)
  • Gladiator