Start by marking “POP!” as Want to Read:
POP!

POP!

Marit has decided: It's time to lose it. Being a virgin is getting in the way of holding on to a boyfriend. So who better to get it over with than her best guy friend, Jamie? They've known each other forever. It's pressure-free.

But doing the deed changes everything. Jamie falls for Marit! Not only does he ruin her chances with the guy she had in her sights, now she's in d

Published October 5th 2006 by Razorbill

To ask other readers questions about POP!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about POP!

Someone Like You by Sarah DessenForever by Judy BlumeDreamland by Sarah DessenGo Ask Alice by Beatrice SparksPerfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
YA Sex & Pregnancy Novels
143rd out of 285 books — 591 voters
Just Listen by Sarah DessenIt's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned VizziniPretty Little Liars by Sara ShepardLife As We Knew It by Susan Beth PfefferThe Rules of Survival by Nancy Werlin
YA Novels of 2006
30th out of 116 books — 62 voters

More lists with this book...

Kristin
May 28, 2009 Kristin rated it it was ok
-It didn't give off a good impression for teenage girls. The author made it seem like it was ok to have sex with your best friend and mess with people's feelings. Like it was no big deal because it'll all be fine and dandy in the end!
-I did NOT like the main character. She was way to naiive. She had it coming.
+I wanted to read a chick lit/young adult book and this cheesy book worked, I guess lol.
Rachel
May 19, 2009 Rachel rated it it was ok
Interesting, but characters are lackluster, motivation is lacking, advice and situations change to much, the ending is way to contrived and nothing is really resolved. Note that content may not be suitable for many readers.
Jo Guasque
Oct 28, 2011 Jo Guasque rated it liked it
so okaay since the day I started reading pop, I can't help but reminisce about my own high school life way back then. I can say it's a fun read and I really did enjoy it. But I guess this is not an appropriate book for my age 'cos I find it shallow the plot and all. But youngsters out there would definitely enjoy reading it.
Tally
Dec 02, 2016 Tally rated it it was ok
Some of these characters were annoying as was the insta-love. Also, she is supposed to be a senior i.e. moving on to college and young adulthood but for most of the book she acted like she was 13 and in junior high getting ready to start high school. Maybe if that had been the setting the book would have made more sense. At least this was an easy read.
Jennifer Wardrip
May 11, 2008 Jennifer Wardrip rated it liked it
Reviewed by Karin Perry for TeensReadToo.com

Karin
Jan 06, 2008 Karin rated it really liked it
Shelves: youngadult
Marit can't hold onto a boyfriend. Every time the relationship gets physical she freaks out and either scares the boy away or breaks up with him herself. She is afraid of having sex for the first time and obsesses about it. Besides the "no boyfriend" problem on the first day of school, she also has to deal with the fact that her schedule is terrible. I mean, who should have second period lunch? Eating lunch at 9:00 a.m. should definitely be against the law! So far the only bright spots in her ...more
Alisha
Jun 20, 2012 Alisha rated it really liked it
This book is actually pretty good. It makes you rethink a lot of questions you have about yourself. Getting through life is not as easy as it seems. You may find it okay to do something at first but you may regret doing it when you get yourself into a messy situation. It also makes u rethink the fact that, "a secret doesn't stay hidden for a long time" someday or the other it will reveal itself whether you like it or not. In POP, Marit is really freaked out about being a senior and still being a ...more
Taylor
Apr 03, 2009 Taylor rated it it was amazing
This book taught me all the things about being a teenage senior in high school, and the pressure of having sex. This is about a girl names Marit, and everytime it starts to get intimate with her partner, she seems to break up with them right away. So to fix this, she decides to have her first time with the person she trusts the most. Her best Guy friend, Jamie. From there she meets a boy she really does love, and thats all im telling :). GREAT STORY THOUGH :D
Toka Western
Sep 03, 2014 Toka Western rated it really liked it
This is either the first or the second English novel I've read. I rated it based on what I could recall from foggy memory about its contents and the aftertaste. I remember it being too easy of a read and the story is practically a joke. The rating is not very objective to be honest, and subjectively I thank its lightness which encouraged me to finish the whole book when I just started learning English.
Heather Gilbert
Sep 11, 2010 Heather Gilbert rated it did not like it
This book taught me that all subjects written about should definitely be RESEARCHED THOROUGHLY beforehand. Several references to mental disorders, made me, as a first year psych student wince. I couldn't even imagine someone with an actual problem reading this book. I found it offensive and question how it even got published.
Christian
Mar 23, 2014 Christian rated it really liked it
Kind of a mix between The DUFF and Losing It. I wasn't sure who she would end up with at the end, though. Not crazy about how it ended. I guess I was routing for the wrong guy. Oh, well, at least it was all resolved.
Mandy
May 02, 2009 Mandy rated it it was ok
Not sure when this book was published, but it seemed really outdate. I don't think the author connected with teenagers well through her characters and her actions.

I'm also not sure I really needed to know quite so much about there sex. The idea was good, but a little to much detail.
Iliana Ibarra
Apr 01, 2014 Iliana Ibarra rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
i read this book at night before going to sleep ..i bought it at a used book bookstore for a buck ..the cover was what drew me in to buy it..wish the ending was different though..recommend to teens that are pressured into having sex..or are in senior year of high school.
Amy Helms
Mar 03, 2011 Amy Helms rated it liked it
i read it a long time ago but i remeber i was good. The worrys of young love and the challanges of loosing your virginity to the right person at the right time. but becareful what you do it could come back and bite you.
Torsam
Apr 21, 2013 Torsam rated it liked it
All in all I liked it because I'm very much into high school stories and it's easy to read. But this whole sex-without-love-thing and especially the ending made me so angry that i wanted to tear the book apart!
Christen
Aug 01, 2007 Christen rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: lovers of trashy novels
Oh my god this book is so trashy but I just love it! Designed for the TRL crowd, and totally predictable, but there's something about it that's just fun. If you can handle teen angst, give it a go.
Ravegirl172
Dec 16, 2008 Ravegirl172 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Ashley and Cynthia {cough cough} lol
A girl wants to loose her virginity and her sister says she should do it with her best guy-friend. I love this book its awsome =]
Shannon
This was a cute story of a young girls quest to "become a woman". It was well written and very entertaining.
Diane Shipley
Diane Shipley rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2010
Fabian Estephane
Fabian Estephane rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2015
Rosa Martinez
Rosa Martinez rated it liked it
Oct 21, 2016
Bethany
Bethany rated it it was ok
Oct 22, 2014
Candi
Candi rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2011
Shelley
Shelley rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2014
Victoria
Victoria rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2012
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2011
Jashwi
Feb 18, 2011 Jashwi rated it liked it
it was wierd
Natasha
Natasha rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2011
Eca Ong
Eca Ong rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2012
Fiona
Fiona rated it it was ok
Nov 15, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Rainbow Party
  • Hollywood Hills (Alexa & Holly, #3)
  • The Other Half of Me
  • 68 Knots
  • Jersey Angel
  • The Problem with Paradise
  • Graffiti Girl
  • Robyn (Making a Splash, #1)
  • Perfect Girl
  • Chloe Doe
  • 6X: The Uncensored Confessions (6X, #1)
  • Love Falls