Start by marking “The Busy Brides Bible for Planning a Fabulous Wedding Without the Expensive Cost of a Wedding Planner” as Want to Read:

3.63  ·  Rating Details  ·  35 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
All brides want that perfect, well-planned wedding, like we see on all the wedding shows with professional wedding planners choreographing every moment of their special day...but let's be real. In these hard economic times, more and more brides can't afford the expensive cost of a wedding planner. This sole book will act as their personalized inexpensive wedding planner, s ...more
Published April 23rd 2010 by Llumina Press

Be the first to ask a question about The Busy Brides Bible for Planning a Fabulous Wedding Without the Expensive Cost of a Wedding Planner

Lisa
Feb 15, 2014 Lisa rated it it was amazing
I almost died and went to heaven when I found this book! My fiancé and I just graduated from college and the economy is bust. We don't have the money to plan the wedding of my dreams, and I didn't want to take out a bunch of loans or ask our parents for money. The Busy Brides Bible for Planning a Fabulous Wedding Without the Expensive Cost of a Wedding Planner covers the entire planning process from beginning to end, and shows you how to cut corners in every imaginable way. She gives you insider ...more
Becca
Jul 11, 2014 Becca rated it did not like it
I tried to read this book for a whole 20 minutes. I got nearly 100 pages in during that time, so I believe I gave it a fair shot. It's mostly just bullet points of things the author believes you need and ideas for color palates, meals, timelines, etc. Fine - that does make it quick and easy for the 'Busy Bride' to read.
However, within 40 pages the author decided to tell me to help my groom "hide his gut with a vest not a cummerbund" and then within 80 pages called serving food family style "tack
Ashley Snyder Miller
Jan 21, 2015 Ashley Snyder Miller rated it it was ok
While I did obtain a few tokens of wisdom from this book, ultimately it was just a rehashing of other wedding books that I have read.

I was astounded at how many spelling and grammatical mistakes there were in this book. I wonder if there was even an editor used in publication?

I did highlight some ideas in the book that represent good wedding suggestions. One suggestion I particularly liked was for brides to obtain paint samples from hardware stores to help in deciding on a color palette. I thoug
Christi Barnes
Mar 19, 2013 Christi Barnes rated it really liked it
Must Read for Every Bride to Be!
The Busy Brides Bible for Planning a Fabulous Wedding… is a must read if you are getting married. This book will really help you plan and more importantly execute your wedding without a hitch. No need for an expensive wedding planner with this book as your guide.

Part 1 of the book feels a little haphazard in the layout, but perhaps that had something to do with me having the digital version. It would have been easier to read if there had been bullet points (or ev
Rose Wynters
May 13, 2013 Rose Wynters rated it it was amazing
This book is an amazing resource for planning your dream wedding! Every bride-to-be wants to have a dream wedding, and why not? It will be one of the most important days in their life. This book is a must-have to make that dream a reality.

I was really impressed with how thorough the book was. Everything you need is clearly laid out, and Angela A. Kear covers all the bases! It starts out with your engagement and ends with some last words of wisdom that are definitely need to know.

There are so man
Jaime
Jun 08, 2013 Jaime rated it it was amazing
Kear has endured over ten years of event planning and she is the best of the best in the business! Her expertise will steer you in the right direction each step of the way before you make that famous stroll down the aisle. And, her extensive experience and talent has led her to plan her own wedding a few years back. A perfectionist at heart, she has penned this guide with damsels in distress in mind who don't mind pinching pennies in order to make that fairy tale wedding occur. Imagine spending ...more
Michikit
Dec 04, 2012 Michikit rated it it was amazing
Planning your own wedding may be stressful and that is why in most cases is recommended to hire a wedding planner. But we live in tough times and you don't always have money to pay for a wedding planner and the wedding expenses. There is where you absolutely need "The Busy Brides Bible for Planning a Fabulous Wedding without the Expensive Cost of a Wedding Planner" by Angela A. Kear which is basically a step by step guide on how to plan a wedding from the engagement party to the honeymoon.

Whethe
Keanu Taylor
Jul 27, 2013 Keanu Taylor rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: bride, women, men, anyone planning on getting married
Okay, I'm not married, and I probably wont be for a while. But one thing I always knew is that a wedding should be planned effectively is all aspects. However, I was still convinced that all you really had to do was put a ring on a finger and call it a day. That's probably what most guys my age think wedding planning is.
After reading this book I gained a large familiarity about the wedding planning process. The book starts off surprising me with what I doubt any other wedding planning book cover
C. Findlay
Sep 05, 2012 C. Findlay rated it it was amazing
I work part time as a wedding videographer and am always on the lookout for other wedding people to work with our sources of information to steer potential bride clients too. One of them passed along to me a print copy of this book to look over. After reading through it, I can certainly say that it's worth reading for any bride that's worried about forgetting to do something.

While some of the information can be found online, that sort of defeats the purpose of saving time. The book has nearly al
Natalie
Dec 26, 2012 Natalie rated it it was amazing
When my little sister decides to get married - I will buy her a copy of this - no joke.

When I initially got married - I did it with help of 'getting married for dummies' or some such nonsense..

Ahha... how much did I miss out on... well obviously - considering my honey and I decided to skip everything at the last moment and elope... it was beautiful.. but .. yeah.

If you decide NOT to elope on the hill tops of beautiful lake Tahoe - then this book is a MUST.

Super organized, super easy to read, and
Courtney
Jan 30, 2015 Courtney rated it did not like it
I would give this zero stars if I could. There is nothing trendy, the advice is all the same you can get on any wedding website, and the authors opinion's are condescending and ridiculous.
Christy
Mar 07, 2016 Christy rated it it was amazing
This book has everything you need to plan a wedding... I only skimmed through it because I researched wedding planning for years before getting engaged. for a beginner this book would help a lot!
Dan Simmins
Sep 22, 2012 Dan Simmins rated it it was amazing
Anyone planning a wedding knows it's very stressful... especially for the bride! The groom mainly just has to show up but the bride plans virtually the whole thing in most cases. While stress is unavoidable, one thing that makes things go much smoother is the Busy Bride's Bible! This has made my life so easier. There's still lots to do as I don't get married till next August, but I cab feel confident with this book in my arsenal. (P.S. My fiancee wrote this review)
Angela A
Good tips and advice to save money on your wedding
Jenny Suzaine
Jenny Suzaine marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Hope
Hope rated it liked it
May 21, 2016
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Yvonne Moreno
Yvonne Moreno marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Coco & Bambi
Coco & Bambi marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2015
Lydia Haycox
Lydia Haycox rated it did not like it
Aug 08, 2015
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was ok
Jul 18, 2015
Nicole Imperio
Nicole Imperio rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2015
Christina Miskey
Christina Miskey rated it liked it
May 22, 2015
Amanda Rosenberger
Amanda Rosenberger rated it liked it
May 17, 2015
Barbara Donahoe
Barbara Donahoe rated it really liked it
May 14, 2015
alexana
alexana rated it it was ok
Oct 08, 2015
Bh
Bh rated it did not like it
Jan 05, 2015
RaMarie Swart
RaMarie Swart rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2014