4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  11 reviews
All brides want that perfect, well-planned wedding, like we see on all the wedding shows with professional wedding planners choreographing every moment of their special day...but let's be real. In these hard economic times, more and more brides can't afford the expensive cost of a wedding planner. This sole book will act as their personalized inexpensive wedding planner, s...more
Published April 23rd 2010 by Llumina Press

Lisa
I almost died and went to heaven when I found this book! My fiancé and I just graduated from college and the economy is bust. We don't have the money to plan the wedding of my dreams, and I didn't want to take out a bunch of loans or ask our parents for money. The Busy Brides Bible for Planning a Fabulous Wedding Without the Expensive Cost of a Wedding Planner covers the entire planning process from beginning to end, and shows you how to cut corners in every imaginable way. She gives you insider...more
Becca
I tried to read this book for a whole 20 minutes. I got nearly 100 pages in during that time, so I believe I gave it a fair shot. It's mostly just bullet points of things the author believes you need and ideas for color palates, meals, timelines, etc. Fine - that does make it quick and easy for the 'Busy Bride' to read.
However, within 40 pages the author decided to tell me to help my groom "hide his gut with a vest not a cummerbund" and then within 80 pages called serving food family style "tack...more
Christi Barnes
Must Read for Every Bride to Be!
The Busy Brides Bible for Planning a Fabulous Wedding… is a must read if you are getting married. This book will really help you plan and more importantly execute your wedding without a hitch. No need for an expensive wedding planner with this book as your guide.

Part 1 of the book feels a little haphazard in the layout, but perhaps that had something to do with me having the digital version. It would have been easier to read if there had been bullet points (or ev...more
Rose Wynters
This book is an amazing resource for planning your dream wedding! Every bride-to-be wants to have a dream wedding, and why not? It will be one of the most important days in their life. This book is a must-have to make that dream a reality.

I was really impressed with how thorough the book was. Everything you need is clearly laid out, and Angela A. Kear covers all the bases! It starts out with your engagement and ends with some last words of wisdom that are definitely need to know.

There are so man...more
Jaime
Kear has endured over ten years of event planning and she is the best of the best in the business! Her expertise will steer you in the right direction each step of the way before you make that famous stroll down the aisle. And, her extensive experience and talent has led her to plan her own wedding a few years back. A perfectionist at heart, she has penned this guide with damsels in distress in mind who don't mind pinching pennies in order to make that fairy tale wedding occur. Imagine spending...more
Michikit
Planning your own wedding may be stressful and that is why in most cases is recommended to hire a wedding planner. But we live in tough times and you don't always have money to pay for a wedding planner and the wedding expenses. There is where you absolutely need "The Busy Brides Bible for Planning a Fabulous Wedding without the Expensive Cost of a Wedding Planner" by Angela A. Kear which is basically a step by step guide on how to plan a wedding from the engagement party to the honeymoon.

Whethe...more
Keanu Taylor
Jul 27, 2013 Keanu Taylor rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: bride, women, men, anyone planning on getting married
Okay, I'm not married, and I probably wont be for a while. But one thing I always knew is that a wedding should be planned effectively is all aspects. However, I was still convinced that all you really had to do was put a ring on a finger and call it a day. That's probably what most guys my age think wedding planning is.
After reading this book I gained a large familiarity about the wedding planning process. The book starts off surprising me with what I doubt any other wedding planning book cover...more
C. Findlay
I work part time as a wedding videographer and am always on the lookout for other wedding people to work with our sources of information to steer potential bride clients too. One of them passed along to me a print copy of this book to look over. After reading through it, I can certainly say that it's worth reading for any bride that's worried about forgetting to do something.

While some of the information can be found online, that sort of defeats the purpose of saving time. The book has nearly al...more
Natalie
When my little sister decides to get married - I will buy her a copy of this - no joke.

When I initially got married - I did it with help of 'getting married for dummies' or some such nonsense..

Ahha... how much did I miss out on... well obviously - considering my honey and I decided to skip everything at the last moment and elope... it was beautiful.. but .. yeah.

If you decide NOT to elope on the hill tops of beautiful lake Tahoe - then this book is a MUST.

Super organized, super easy to read, and...more
Dan Simmins
Anyone planning a wedding knows it's very stressful... especially for the bride! The groom mainly just has to show up but the bride plans virtually the whole thing in most cases. While stress is unavoidable, one thing that makes things go much smoother is the Busy Bride's Bible! This has made my life so easier. There's still lots to do as I don't get married till next August, but I cab feel confident with this book in my arsenal. (P.S. My fiancee wrote this review)
Angela A
Good tips and advice to save money on your wedding
Shelby
Shelby marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
Alicia Anderson
Alicia Anderson marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Nikki
Nikki marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Alexis
Alexis marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2013
Loonieliz
Loonieliz marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2013
Ghoulish Glitz
Ghoulish Glitz marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2013
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2013
Tonya
Tonya marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2013