Start by marking “Zoomer” as Want to Read:
Zoomer

Zoomer

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  152 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Hooper and Cooper are ready, but where's Zoomer?
Zoomer is waaaaay too busy for school today. Although his dad begs him to get ready, how can Zoomer make time for school with such a full schedule? He has to blow the world's biggest bubble, build a brontosaurus out of sand, launch a rocket ship-and that's just the beginning!

In this NOOK kids book, children can tap to enlarge...more
Published November 15th 2010 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published March 30th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Zoomer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zoomer

Deb Jones
Zoomer is a fast paced story that features a family of dogs who are being cared for by their dad while mom is away. The dad is desperately trying to get Zoomer and his twin brothers ready for school, but Zoomer insists he is not going to school. The book is written and illustrated by Ned Young and he does a fantastic job with the illustrations. They are vibrant, detailed and realistic. While reading this book for one of my small groups, my students loved playing I spy with several of the pages....more
Susan Erhardt
I thought the story was a bit confusing (was it real or his imagination?), but loved the cute details in the illustrations.
Alicia Scully
Zoomer is a rambunctious child and this book shows how he gives his father grief while he tries to get everyone ready for school. Zoomer insists that he has far too many things to do instead of school and he doesn't do anything small. Zoomer's twin brothers constantly tattle on him and try to get him grounded, something that will appeal to many children that are siblings. Besides the silly fun provided, I did have one issue with the text. Zoomer's father is constantly thinking about how happy he...more
Alice
I wish I had Zoomer's energy and imagination. I almost gave it a 3 star, but It made me literally LOL and not much does that, so when a book makes me laugh it gets a higher mark.

Zoomer is creative, cleaver, fun, imaginative, and will make dad's really appreciates moms, because look at all the crazy stuff that happens when mom is away.

Nothing like having your puppies (aka kids) wake you up by playing baseball in your bed, and your pillow is home plate. Not to mention "the sun nor Dad was up yet...more
Matthew
I've been sharing this story over and over again with six and seven year olds. They really appreciate it. The dog food castle was a special favorite, not to mention the crash landing of the rocket on the roof so casually referred to as a "beautiful" landing. The ending has been done before, but for some quick thrills and easy laughs for a younger audience, this was very nice. Comical and light-hearted!
Erika Tortorice
This was such a cute story of a dog who would rather do fun activities than get ready for school; unlike his other two siblings and per his father's request. Only to find out that it was Saturday and not a school day at all. The illustrator did a great job using colors throughout the book and perfectly capturing the concept of the story with each illustration.
Glenda
The use of animals in human settings doesn't rise to the level of other books using anthropomorphism.For example, I really believe the bird in "Are You My Mother"is the animal equivalent of a lost child. But in Zoomer, I don't really accept the dogs as children. Only the surprise ending made me smile. The rest is just eh.
Allison
To be fair, I should put Alex's favorite picture book on here too. We just found this at the library and we all love it. The illustrations are particularly pleasing, although the story is fun too. Alex and Adele laugh at the end EVERY TIME. I had to order it from Adele's book order, it is that much in demand around here.
Scarlet
Dad is left one morning to take care of his three kids, but the youngest one, Zoomer, is insisting on not going to school. After doing several fun things and putting it off as long as he can Zoomer finally tells dad that it's Saturday.

Great as a back to school book and just as a book for a fun and humorous read.
Beckie Coldiron
This is a fun book, which is sure to stir the imagination! Children love the bright illustrations of Zoomer in this book. I would implement this book in the classroom when teaching sequencing and cause & effect. Additionally, I would recommend this book for children in kindergarten through first grade.
Tricia
Elementary students (mid-grades) may enjoy this story about a dog named Zoomer who has lots of ideas about things to do other than getting ready for school. The story is well-illustrated to expand imaginations through the actions of the character. The ending will leave them giggling!
Carly
The best praise I can give a children's book is that my kids couldn't hear it enough. And I never tired of reading it to them because of their total enjoyment. We even renewed it so we could read it more. And the illustrations were excellent. Love it.
Nancy Jo Lambert
My kids and I LOVE this book! Zoomer is quite the imaginative dog, and he always knows something about today that the rest of his family is mistaken about! This is a super fun read aloud that kids will just love!
E.M. Epps
Cute, colorful pictures. I can't say I think much of the story, or the writing, unfortunately.

Review from my blog, This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Colleen Baker
Fun story to stir the imagination, with a twist at the end. The illustrations are superb! Especially loved the little blue birds with their hilarious subplots running through the book.
Jackie
Zoomer is full of imagination. But, when he needs to get ready for school, Dad is frustrated with his doggy antics. A book full of imagination and prediction clues.
Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
Zoomer the dog did not want to go to school when his dad asked him to get ready. His bothers got ready. Then the dog reminded his dad it was Saturday. A.R.
Stephanie
May 28, 2010 Stephanie rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Stephanie by: Dana
Shelves: 2010, pbs-imagination
The ending was a little predictable, but the imagination and detail of the illustrations were wonderful! Xavier wants me to reread and reread.
Dedria
This is a fun read for kids who love to use their imagination and try new things. Great pictures and an enjoyable story :)
Corey
A cute little children's book that kind of ends on a really well placed gag that will make any one of any age laugh a little.
Kasey
Dec 27, 2011 Kasey rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Noah
Recommended to Kasey by: scholastic
Another one for Noah this Christmas. Really cute with great illustrations. May have to look for others by this author.
Tiffany
I thought this book was just OK, but my 4-year old seemed to think the ending was hilarious.
Danica Midlil
Zoomer is Way too busy to go to school! Luckily, he knows something the others don't!
Class 305
Love the pictures. It really shows the ability and fun of having a great imagination.
Angela Record
Very cute book! Its really funny and kids will enjoy it. Pictures are really good too!
Nance
Cute—good illustrations—a little flat at times. I liked the illustrations the best.
Amanda
Sienna yells out the last lines of this book every read. Never gets old for her!
Stephanie
This is a very bright and fun children's book. Very cute!
Heloyce
This happy tale reminds us that we are often TOO BUSY.
Fun book with cute pictures and a twist at the end!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »