Start by marking “Dead Silence (The Body Finder, #4)” as Want to Read:
Dead Silence (The Body Finder, #4)

Dead Silence (The Body Finder #4)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  4,252 ratings  ·  539 reviews
Violet thought she’d made peace with her unique ability to sense the echoes of the dead and the imprints that cling to their killers…that is until she acquired an imprint of her own. Forced to carry a reminder of the horrible events of her kidnapping, Violet is more determined than ever to lead a normal life. However, the people who run the special investigative team Viole ...more
Published April 16th 2013 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Dead Silence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Silence

Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadUnravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
YA Novels of 2013
27th out of 1,512 books — 10,260 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverLover at Last by J.R. WardThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
52nd out of 2,463 books — 12,487 voters

More lists with this book...

Remi D.
Nov 02, 2012 Remi D. marked it as to-read
AHHHHH I WANT THIS BOOK NOWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST FINISHED LAST ECHO. THIS IS GOING TO DRIVE ME CRAZY UNTIL THE BOOK COMES OUT. AND I LIKED HER THERAPIST. IS SARAH EVIL? DOES SHE KNOW WHATS GOING ON? WHAT ABOUT RAFE? UGHH I REALLY LIKED THEM AND HOPE THEY'RE NOT EVIL GOSH!!!!!!!!
-STAY SPECIAL
Laidiza
I WANT MORE OF RAFE. MORE RAFE please~ Just him. I don't want to ruin the perfect couple JayxViolet so Find Rafe a partner or better yet make a book with Rafe's point of view. Then him falling in love. yeah that'll be so much better.

RELATIONSHIP. It has always been the focus of this series even if I wanted this to be more of a crime fictional story it always ends up there.

I was really expecting so much of this last intallment but was disappointed after reading it. The epilogue didn't even
Sierra
ahahaha remember when we thought The Last Echo would be the last book because of the title.
The title.
title...
the...
dead silence...

[Update May 12, 2014]
Does this mean we're getting a spin-off series? Cause we were left hanging a little bit.
~Tina~

Dead Silence is the latest installment in the Body Finder series and my favorite book since the first one. Violet has been trying to deal with the aftermath of the kidnapping and what she had to do to survive. She is haunted by an ever-present music-box tune that she hears in her head. The imprint that she can't escape from. Still, she goes on and tries to find normal in her life, but when two new students show up at White River high school, Violet is constantly reminded that she is dif
Carrie
OH MY GOD!
It has a title now! It didn't even have a title this morning! Cool!

EDIT: I actually just bounced around my house a little because I was so happy this had a title. Yes, bounced. Absolutely no exaggeration there.
ANOTHER Edit: Apparently, this comes out on my mom's birthday. I might be ditching her for the bookstore. (Sorry, Mom.)
Ferdy
2.5 stars - Spoilers

Meh, not bad. I sort of enjoyed Dead Silence but I was also bored and annoyed by it — particularly the plot, the heroine, the love triangle and the repetitiveness. The writing, secondary characters and pacing were decent enough.

The storyline wasn't gripping. It was the same old, same old:

1. Violet finds a dead body or two using her powers (she can sense 'Echoes' — every murderer and murdered person has their own unique smell, sound or visual echo).
2. Violet then gets emotiona
Beth  (Curling Up With A Good Book)
WOW..Kimberly Derting can definitely wield an amazing story. Sometimes when you read sequels..they fall short of the first book..THIS IS NOT THE CASE!!! Each of Kimberly's Body Finder book are equally amazing!! Needless to say I was hoping and praying I received this ARC because I have been obsessed with this series from DAY ONE!!

Violet is one of my all-time favorite characters. She faces death on a daily basis and is still so strong and determined. She wants to use her "gift" to help others eve
Rose Willow
I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I THINK RAFE OR GEMMA- PROBABLY GEMMA- IS THE TRAITOR. SHES SUCH A U-KNOW-WHAT AND ITS PRETTY OBVIOUS...Or its Rafe, but if it was it would make me stop reading so........LLET ME READ IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*EDITED AFTER READING HORRIBLE BOOK
I can't believe how disappointed I am in this book. It's not even better than The Body Finder 1# and the characters seemed lacking of their personality. (Not Rafe, though.) I was hoping more action, less romance, since I don
Brittany B.
I really enjoyed the previous books to the Body Finder series so I'm pretty certain I'm gonna love this one.
Am I the only one who's kinda hoping Violet and Rafe get together? I mean, don't get me wrong. I LOVE Violet and Jay together - their chemistry is pretty amazing - and sometimes Rafe annoys the hell out of me but I think they'd be good together. Obviously, Violet's softening Rafe so that's good. If they don't get together that's okay -it's not gonna be a big heartbreak. Rafe still seems
Khanh (Clowns, Nightmares, and Bunnies)
The books in this series have been pretty formulaic. Each contains Violet's struggles with her power, with a main murder mystery plot; they've been good, but after awhile they do get generic. That hasn't stopped me from reading them, however.

The murder subplot has been the weakest part in all of these books, and it is no different here. If anything, it's worse. The mystery is weak, the author can barely make the connection to Violet's life, and it feels more and more of a suspension of disbelief
Nicole ♥
Jan 30, 2013 Nicole ♥ marked it as to-read
31/1/13 Update:
It's 2013! Few more Weeeeeks! It's just days after my birthday! Coooool!

26/12/12 Update:
News Flash!
There's a cover and a plot! Great. I just need to remember the first three books then to connect the dots (plots). :))

WANT TO READ THIS NOWW :)
*The Plot Unknown.
*No Cover
*Release date? 2013, FREAKING 2013

Argh, This drives me crazy.
bookworm
Am I the only one who cant wait till April 16 ? OH GOSH ! words can not express on how much I LOVE THIS BOOK <3 and I was devastated when I finished reading The Last Echo, I was SO happy to find out that there Is another one!!! WOOP WOOP <3
Vy
I have yet to let it sink in that this is the last of the series *sobs*
I get to be part of the blog tour, so full review and blog stop will be up April 3!

**********updated review***************
It’s finally senior year for Violet, and the last thing she’s thinking about is school. The recent event of her kidnapping resulted in Violet developing her own imprint that haunts her every minute. And it’s sure not helping her mental health when a fellow classmate and friend is being accused of murder.
Emma
Aug 01, 2011 Emma marked it as to-read
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ajia
its always been one of my favourite series and i am soooo sad that its now ended. I love reading about these characters so reading this was bittersweet.

Each time round, we get a cool mystery and this time round its about a family that has been brutally slaughtered. This made me think of loads of horror films that i have seen and i love how great Kimberly Derting is at creating creepy atmospheres. The murders gave me the chills and and i really enjoyed reading about the mystery.

Jay is the love o
Kendall Gardner
Apr 21, 2012 Kendall Gardner marked it as to-read
IS THIS GONNA BE THE LAST BOOK!!?!?!?!?? I DON'T WANT IT TO END! Just finished The Last Echo, AMAZING! Can't wait for this book to come out!
Nandanie
I LOVE THE COVER! RED IS MY FAVORITE COLOR!

*RUNNING AROUND LIVING ROOM, SCREAMING LIKE A BANSHEE GONE WILD* XD
Audra
Originally posted to The Society's Bookshelf

OH MY GAH! This series is tearing me apart. In case you haven't noticed from other reviews, I have cover issues. I know, I know- the whole "don't judge a book by it's cover" deal. But there are SO many books that I want to read, and I really count on the cover to pull me in. Long story short, I'm a very late reader to this series. I read the Body Finder about two months ago, and breezed through all 4 books within a week and a half.

First, I love that so
Tatiana
Yet another series comes to an end. This one, however, I'm not so sure, given how open the end was. When I finished it, I did not have the feeling that the series was over. If it's not over, I don't know if I'll keep reading it. The first book was pretty good, with an intriguing premise. However, the structure of the books has not changed: each book has a different killer, who is caught at the end thanks to Violet. As for a plot arc, I didn't feel it was developed enough, as it only became clear ...more
(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
This is book 4 in the body finder series.
Violet is now coming to terms with her own imprint, and it hasn’t been easy. The dead still want to be found though, and this time Violet finds a family of 3 all murdered. But where is the missing member of the family? And why does one of them not have an echo?
Who killed the family and why? Why doesn’t one of them have an echo? And can Violet learn to live with her own imprint?

This was a bit of an odd end to the series,
Reading Teen (Andye)
Another fantastic book in The Body Finder series! This series rocks! I never seem to tire of them.

At a Glance:

Kimberly Derting's The Body Finder Series has been, and continues to be, one of the most entertaining series I've ever read. Just like in the books before this, Dead Silence is thrilling, suspenseful, nerve-racking, and, quite-frankly, disturbing. But in the best possible way.

Cover:

I do like the covers. I'm not sure that they really tell what the story is about, but they are pretty and
Zoe and the Edge
Jay -“You do it, when you think no one’s listening. Thing is, I always listen, Vi.”

Jay remains sweet but boring (he does kick someone's ass though!). Rafe remains dark and haunting. I have always preferred Rafe but because it's obvious that Violet will end up with Jay I deliberately categorise Rafe and Violet's chemistry as “supernatural going-ons”. If I didn't, I wouldn't be able to read this book. This is how I cope.
But then Rafe had to go and DO SOMETHING that made me fall completely in lov
Candace
Spoiler free for the full series.
In this series Kimberly Derting has created something very different. Violet has a very unique ability and through the books it has come in very handy while still putting her in intense danger. There have been some twists and turns along the way as she learns more about it and things in her life change. But one thing there always is is a killer. And Kimberly Derting has cleverly inserted his/her POV in interspersed chapters throughout the novel. This not only giv
Rachmi
To be honest, I’m kind of hard to decide how many stars I will give to this book. I feel the plot become repetitive to previous books. But it also has different things from its prequel that I liked.

I liked the description of the murdered, it was gruesome but it isn't as creepy as The Last Echo , which I think is the creepiest among the series so far. I also found the bad guys' names already revealed in half of the story while in first three books a little bit before the end of the story. It did
Shehreyar Khan
I rushed through this one because I was on a tight schedule, but I found it easy to read, even if it wasn't as interesting as the previous three. I haven't seen a character as confused as Violet in a long while. She can't ever seem to make up her mind. And, what I hate more than anything else, is uncertainty in a character. The protagonist must believe in something and stick to it. I can't relate to a character who's too mercurial.

Besides that, the plot was interesting enough. It was even a li
Dark Faerie Tales
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: Great book full of suspense, romance, and fantastic characters. The Body Finder series is one of my all time favorite young adult mysteries ever!

Opening Sentence: Jay hit the door with his shoulder, but it didn’t splinter beneath his weight or anything so dramatic.

The Review:

Violet has finally felt that she is in more control of her ability to find the bodies of the murder victims and their killers. But now she has an imprint of her own and
Sara
Jan 17, 2013 Sara added it
I know most people are going to disagree bit Rafe and Violet need to get together jay is sweet and all but they should by friends again and he can have whoever he want but Rafe and Violet need each other she even said herself she couldn't stay away from him completely
Eloise
Yayay! It has a name and cover. I am dying to read this. I love this cover. My favourite one out of the series.I wonder why it is called 'Dead Silence' as well..maybe she stops hearing echos? Hurry 2013. I have to read this book and find out what happens!
Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews
*Genre* YA Paranormal
*Rating* 3-3.5

*Review posted @ http://gizmosreviews.blogspot.com/201...*

*Blog Tour Stop April 2, 2013 @ Gizmos Reviews* Expected publication: April 16th 2013 by HarperCollins
Darian Carter-Pace
Apr 20, 2013 Darian Carter-Pace marked it as published
OMIGOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the end of the last book was all like threatening and stuff and now i have to wait AGAIN for this one!!! Its gonna kill me....
YA Buddy Readers'...: Body Finder Series by Kimberly Derting 152 38 Nov 20, 2013 06:20AM
The Body Finder Series 8 85 Jun 24, 2013 09:53PM
accused 2 53 Dec 05, 2012 05:03PM
what's going to happen/ when does it come out 2 22 Nov 19, 2012 04:13PM
  • With All My Soul (Soul Screamers, #7)
  • Elegy (Hereafter #3)
  • Shadows in the Silence (Angelfire, #3)
  • The Stone Demon (The Iron Witch, #3)
  • Perception (Clarity, #2)
  • If I Should Die (Revenants, #3)
  • Shadow of the Mark (Carrier, #2)
  • Deadly Little Lessons (Touch, #5)
  • Infinityglass (Hourglass, #3)
  • Thornhill (Hemlock, #2)
  • Goddess (Starcrossed, #3)
  • Afterglow (Wildefire, #3)
  • Dance of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death, #2)
  • Breath (Riders of the Apocalypse, #4)
  • Oblivion (Nevermore, #3)
  • Unbreakable (Unraveling, #2)
  • Quicksilver (Ultraviolet, #2)
  • Impostor (Slide, #2)
Kimberly is the author of the BODY FINDER series (HarperCollins), THE PLEDGE trilogy (Simon & Schuster), and THE TAKING trilogy (HarperTeen). She lives in the Pacific Northwest, the ideal place to write anything dark or creepy...a gloomy day can set the perfect mood. She lives with her husband and their three beautiful (and often mouthy) children who provide an endless source of inspiration.
More about Kimberly Derting...
The Body Finder (The Body Finder, #1) The Pledge (The Pledge, #1) Desires of the Dead (The Body Finder, #2) The Last Echo (The Body Finder, #3) The Essence (The Pledge, #2)

“I miss the smell of him. I miss his lips and his strong arms. I miss him.” 27 likes
“When you grow accustomed to something, when it becomes part of your everyday life, you notice when it suddenly vanishes.” 6 likes