Start by marking “True Lies of a Drama Queen” as Want to Read:
True Lies of a Drama Queen

True Lies of a Drama Queen (Drama Queen #2)

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  393 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Some true lies of a drama queen:

My name is Elle Medina.
(Absolutely true!)

I'm a professional psychic.
(Completely accurate. Except for the "professional" part . . . and the "psychic" part.)

I'm planning my best friend's wedding.
(Maya only thinks she's planning it.)

I'm a serious journalist.
(I cover crystal therapy for the local weekly rag.)

I live with my boyfriend, Merric

Published June 1st 2006 by Red Dress Ink

To ask other readers questions about True Lies of a Drama Queen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about True Lies of a Drama Queen

Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie KinsellaSomething Borrowed by Emily GiffinBridget Jones's Diary by Helen FieldingSomething Blue by Emily GiffinPride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Best chicklit
213th out of 589 books — 861 voters
Slightly Single by Wendy MarkhamSee Jane Date by Melissa SenateMilkrun by Sarah MlynowskiScot On The Rocks by Brenda JanowitzSorcery and the Single Girl by Mindy Klasky
Best Red Dress Ink Books
18th out of 107 books — 21 voters

More lists with this book...

Sarah Lance
This girl understands Murphy's Law. Anything that can go wrong, will; and usually at her own hand. In True Lies Of A Drama Queen by Lee Nichols, Elle is a fake psychic with an apartment in Santa Barbara, CA. Her more committed boyfriend Merrick, is an architect who wants Elle to be more serious about him, and her own career. Elle’s best friend Maya is getting married in a few months and Elle feels it’s necessary to plan the wedding. Elle wants control and success and in this novel, it’s quite a...more
Drucilla
Sep 25, 2014 Drucilla rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: n
It's nice that this sequel actually does what it's supposed to, i.e. show the main character actually mature from the previous book. Elle still has chaos erupt around her, but doesn't make those annoying decisions that made half of the first book so frustrating. I really wish this series had gotten more books. I love Elle.
Dawn
This book was just okay. Chalk it up as yet another formulaic chick lit story with a flaky main character who is somewhat difficult to relate to. I finished it merely because I didn't want to waste what time I had already spent reading it. It was predictable and rather generic.

If you're considering reading this one, save your energy for a better, more engrossing read, with a character who is infinitely more relateable.
Meaghan
pretty funny and entertaining.
Sharal Hunter
I enjoyed this story more than I enjoyed the first Drama Queen book. Elle is someone who manages to make complete chaos manageable. When everything seems to fall apart around her, she is at the top of her game. I can't help but admire that.

I recommend this author for her fresh and witty storylines, snappy dialogue and characters that are realistic and easy to relate to.
Julie
This was the sequel to True Confessions of a Drama Queen (not at all related to that Lindsay Lohan movie.) I think I was expecting too much and I also think I'm a little biased because I just read an EXTREMELY similar book by the same author. But, it was cute and funny. Good if you're looking for an easy book with no surprises and a happy ending.
Charity
Elle is up to her old tricks of creating drama and pretending to be psychic (continued from the prequel, Tales of a Drama Queen). When she ends up half-naked on the internet, she begins to wish she had real psychic powers to track down who filmed her and wonders how drama seems to follow her wherever she goes. Cute read overall.
Jaye
Ahaha ~ cute! A totally poofy chick book, quite humorous. It is apparently a sequel to Tales of a Drama Queen which I have not read but now want to do so. Very cute, must read. Put it on your summer reading list, you won't regret it.
Jill
Considering this was a random book that I got at Costco, I was pleasantly surprised. Totally readable and I didn't hate the main character (a rarity in chick lit).
KyleeJ
I didn't read the first one, but I liked this book anyway. I felt like I was missing something now and then. I'd recommend reading the first one before this one.
Carla
I read the first book years ago and enjoyed that so I wanted to read the sequel. Elle is a semi American version of Becky Bloomwood, but not as likeable to me.
Mary
This is a pretty funny book; I liked that she felt she had to make herself uglier so she wouldn't outshine her friend at her friend's wedding. Good times.
Wendy Richards
True Lies was a light, easy read. It's been sitting in tbr pile for years now. Glad I finally read it, would definitely read more by Lee Nichols.
Krystal
it was a funny, well written chick lit book and the dialogue flowed very well...and that always makes or breaks a book for me
Melanie
This novel is hilarious and absolutely intriguing,so far,but I'm halfway,so i'll see what my judgement is at the end.
Renee Porter
Just as hilarious as Confessions of a Drama Queen. The main character is a hilarious disaster.
Diane
I read the first half of the book and then skipped to the end. It didn't seem like I missed much.
it's just me!
Light and fun reading,I'll call it fluff and stuff.Loved the nicknames that Elle gave to everyone.
Dana
A good book to bring along for a waiting room or long ride....cute and a fun way to pass the time.
Kristen
I wish Lee Nichol would write more books - I love her sense of humor!!
Alessia
not quite as funny as the first, but definitely a good read.
Kim
Cute, fun read. Books like this are the reason I love chick lit.
Erika
Another quick silly read. Drama queen is definitely the right title!
Allison
I read the first five chapters. Then I could go no further.
Lawillett
This is one of the best chick lit books I've ever read.
Rachel
Elle's misadventures continue to make me laugh.
Colleen
A quick, fun read. Very cute.
Bonnie Lazaruk
it was easy reading
  • Tart
  • A Clean Slate
  • The Matzo Ball Heiress
  • The Jinx (Rachel Benjamin, #2)
  • Crossing the Line
  • Up & Out (Red Dress Ink)
  • Confessions of an Ex-Girlfriend
  • The Funeral Planner
  • Loose Screws
  • A Minor Indiscretion
  • Slightly Married (Slightly, #4)
  • As Seen on TV
  • Whose Wedding Is It Anyway? (Red Dress Ink)
  • Dating Can Be Deadly
  • L.A. Woman
  • The Last Year Of Being Single (Red Dress Ink Novels)
Lee Nichols is the author of five novels for adults, including the bestselling TALES OF A DRAMA QUEEN. She'll be making her YA debut in 2010 with DECEPTION: A Haunting Emma Novel. Follow her on Twitter at LeeXNichols or Friend her on Facebook at Lee Nichols. http://www.leenicholsbooks.com/
More about Lee Nichols...
Deception (Haunting Emma, #1) Betrayal (Haunting Emma, #2) Tales of a Drama Queen Surrender  (Haunting Emma, #3) Hand-Me-Down