Start by marking “The Truth about Vampires / Salvation of the Damned” as Want to Read:
The Truth about Vampires / Salvation of the Damned

The Truth about Vampires / Salvation of the Damned (Sons of Midnight #1)

All her life, Seattle reporter Kristin Reed sought her breakout story. She never thought she'd find it in the crimson lair of a real-life creature of the night. Kristin never believed vampires existed--until with dark brooding eyes and a decadent chocolate scent, Dmitri Dionotte called out to her....
Dmitri and his clan's true nature was cloaked in secrecy until a warring
ebook, Harlequin Nocturne #107, 288 pages
Published March 1st 2011 by Harlequin Nocturne (first published January 1st 2011)

Be the first to ask a question about The Truth about Vampires / Salvation of the Damned

Donna (BLHmistress)
I could kick myself for not reading this book sooner, seriously. I had this book sitting on my shelf for awhile and just the other night decided to pick it up and read it and I am so glad I did. I have read tons of vampire books especially since starting this blog and to be honest I never tire of them but always wondered can there be any new ways to describe how vampires become vampires and I am always pleasantly surprised when an author does come up with something different.

I wasn't sure if I l
Amanda
Mar 05, 2011 Amanda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'd give it a 2.5 if I could, but there's no way I could do 3 stars.
The story starts out strong, granted the dialogue is a bit outdated and redundant at times (who says "buddy boy" anymore), but it is interesting and fast-paced which keeps you intrigued. However, the more you read the more problems you come across. My first issue with the book was the characters, they were incredibly unlikeable and unbelievable. Kristen is that classic tough chick with daddy issues, which is too over played for
LynnMarie
Apr 27, 2011 LynnMarie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Clare C's Review

The Truth about Vampires caught my attention from word one and held it for the entire ride. Dimitri Dionotte is strong, smart, and sensitive. He has strong morals and fierce loyalties. However, he doesn’t run over the heroine and impose his will on her. Kristin Reed is my favorite kind of heroine. She’s driven, focused, intelligent, and strong. Her mission to win a Pulitzer isn’t derailed because she falls for a vampire. I love a heroine who doesn’t give up what she wants for th
Book of Secrets ☕
Rating: 3.5 out of 5

Theresa Meyers' latest release offers an interesting twist on vampires. What if they were created by a virus? This is one of many secrets that reporter Kristin Reed uncovers as she searches for her next big story. Seattle has been plagued by a string of murders labeled the Bloodless Murders, because the victims are found drained of blood. Clues lead her to a club where she discovers that vampires are real, and they have been living secretly amongst humans for centuries. And t
Fictional Bookshelf
This story will suck you from the very first page. I wasn't able to put the book away until I read every last word. Then I went back and reread my favorite parts and there were several of those.

From the beginning, there is blood, guts, and a murder mystery to be solved by Dmitri. What Dmitri hadn’t planned on was falling in love with a beautiful woman who has no clue what does and doesn’t exist but she soon learns.

Through Kristin, the vampires are able to come out into the light or out of the cl
Heather A
I loved this one. The basic premis of the story is a reporter working on an article about a series of murders with bloodless victims leads her to a club run by vampires and has her falling in love with the vampire she meets and while trying to solve the murders learns about the vampire world and help bring the out of the coffin into the human world.

And it was very well written,m the characters were interesting and the chemistry between the two leads was tantalising. There were some wonderfully d
Bri Clark
Mar 21, 2011 Bri Clark rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My first impression when I read the description was "chocolate scent?" However, after reading the story Theresa did a great job incorporating elements of her own making in this story. Although I've never been to Seattle I was impressed with the imagery and feeling of history she implemented into the story. The heat believe Kristin and Dimitri was great, the chemistry better and the ending....what you thought I was going to give it away. You will have to read it yourself and see. I read The Truth ...more
Crystal Trent Dotson
Kristen is a beautiful reporter trying to get a break to write a Big story , when she starts investigating murders , she meets Dimitri , a hot , bar manager that is way to hard to resist. When he reveals that he's a vampire , she wants to be the first to write The Truth About Vampires, and make the front page, but she never thought the world would react the way they did, and that she would be in the middle of the war. Not only are the humans raged , but so is a nest of vampires that want her dea ...more
Tami winn
Apr 04, 2011 Tami winn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i loved it it was a good book keep you on the edge of your seat
Kristi (Books and Needlepoint)
This book pulled me in quickly with the discovery of 4 bodies that had been drained of blood and had their organs removed. I wanted to find out what that had to do with vampires. . .

It didn't read so much like a romance in the beginning, though there was a strong attraction between Dmitri and Kristin, but I sort of felt like I was reading a cozy mystery - with a paranormal twist of course. You had these murders and then you had a reporter and a vampire, but mainly the reporter, trying to solve t
Mandi Schreiner
Mar 06, 2011 Mandi Schreiner rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr
Kristin Reed is a reporter for the Pacific New Tribune and is desperate for a big story soon, or she will be out of a job. There have been a string of murders recently, dubbed the “Bloodless Murders,” and she feels if she can get to the bottom of these crimes, this might save her job. Her investigation leads her to the club, Sojurn which is a darker club known to be a fun place to hang out of wannabe vampires – or so she thinks.

As she noses around the club she meets Dmitri. He shows her around t
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
If you want to share a secret with the world, how would you go about it while trying to keep control and yet prevent a hysterical riot from the fallout? Such is the driving background conflict that kept me on the edge throughout this tale.

The element I enjoyed most about The Truth About Vampires is its exploration of the ‘what-if’ scenario and the domino affect it can have on people and society in general. It is a unique and original premise that was fascinating to watch unfold. I liked being a
Kathy
Lisa B.
May 18, 2013 Lisa B. rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, paranormal
Jean
I made it to page 116 before I just gave up. It's not a bad book, it's just so MEH - I found nothing engaging in the characters, intriguing about the world or story. The relationships had no chemistry. Seriously, there's nothing wrong with this book at all - it's just so... bland. Lifeless. A lot of tinder, but no spark. Reading it became so much of a struggle I just decided it wasn't worth it. It gets one star for general disappointment.
Kitty Felone
It started out alright but in the end it was lacking... quite a bit of everything. Just felt like it suddenly became this huge explosion of wishful thinking, angst, and dramatic descriptions. I don't know. Things like this severely turn me off. They reminded me of a kid who'd play-pretend by themselves in whatever scenarios, then as that kid gets older, writes that into stories. Too much. I really hate stories like that.
Debbie Heaton
A Seattle reporter seeking the breakout story of a lifetime finds it in the lair of a creature of the night. A clan cloaked in secrecy is drawn out into the open when a warring vampire order threatens their existence. Shrouded in darkness, this story reveals a sinfully handsome vampire whose secret is about to be exposed to the world.
Jill Hunter
Romance novels aren’t my thing, but this was well written, and was not too full of mushiness to stomach. I read anything I get my hands on, so I gave it a fair chance. They are still not my thing, though I may have to find on that is considered “erotic” just to see what they are like.
Miranda
Alpha males abound! This reporter doesn't know when to stop and gets herself in over her head. Classic themes and hardheaded actions/ reactions. Ends with a lot of story left to tell.

Read the full review at SVZ Book Reviews ~ Miranda
Laurie
I never really felt the amazing chemistry I wanted to feel between Dmitri and Kristin and I wish Vane had been more fully described. Read More
Louise Mawson
Sep 11, 2012 Louise Mawson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 1st book I've read by Theresa Meyers, I did enjoy it however it took me a while to get into it, the start was very slow but mid way through picked up a bit. I am looking forward to reading others though.
Nola
Feb 19, 2013 Nola rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: someone who is very bored and there is nothing else at all to do except read this particular book
Very unbelievable. The 'plot' of vampires being ousted via a series of newspaper articles was so shallow and full of holes it would have been better if it had been left out entirely.
DeAnna Knippling
Everything was decent about this book...except I didn't buy the connection between the two main characters, which pretty much killed it for me.
The Romantic Scientist
This one didn't work for me. My full review is here: http://scienceofromance.blogspot.com/...
Jessica
Quick read. A little jumbled in the thoughts and could have used a little more explanation into things but still interesting.
Anna
Mar 19, 2011 Anna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Here's the review link for VampChix:

Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Sons of Midnight
Category: Paranormal Romance
Amy
May 03, 2011 Amy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My opinion could have been a little better.
Lisa
Apr 03, 2011 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i liked it
  • The Guardian (Nightwalkers #1)
  • Shadow of the Sheikh (Immortal Sheikhs #2)
  • Golden Vampire (Vampire Moons, #1)
  • Renegade Angel (Hearts of the Fallen 0.4)
  • Lone Wolf  (The Pack #10)
  • Black Magic Lover
  • Heiress to a Curse (Drakon Clan #1)
  • Vacation with a Vampire...and Other Immortals (Wings in the Night #17.5)
  • Ghost Stalker (The Tracker #2)
  • Incubus
  • The Vampire's Kiss (Valorian Chronicles #5)
  • Alaskan Wolf (Alpha Force #1)
  • Fallen (Of Angels and Demons #2)
  • Taken
  • Claim the Night (The Claiming #1)
  • Poisoned Kisses (Mythica #3)
  • The Wolven (The Keepers Trilogy #3)
  • Zombie Moon
The progeny of a slightly mad NASA scientist and a tea-drinking bibliophile who turned the family dining room into a library, Theresa Meyers learned early the value of a questioning mind, books and a good china teapot. But it wasnt until third grade that Theresa overcame her dyslexia and learned to read, going on to make words her lifes work. With a degree in Mass Communications she became first a ...more
More about Theresa Meyers...

Sons of Midnight (5 books)
  • The Vampire Who Loved Me (Sons of Midnight #2)
  • The Half-Breed Vampire (Sons of Midnight #3)
  • One Night with the Shifter (Sons of Midnight #4)
  • Be My Valentine, Vampire (Wicked Games #2.2)