Start by marking “Harry Potter and the Psychic Serpent” as Want to Read:
Harry Potter and the Psychic Serpent

Harry Potter and the Psychic Serpent (Harry Potter and the Psychic Serpent #1)

In Harry's fifth year he gets a snake with the Sight. Hermione's torn between Ron and Harry, who's torn between her and Ginny, who's torn between him and Draco Malfoy, who's torn between her and loyalty to his father. Plus: a Prophecy, Animagus training, a Dueling Club, Snape's Penseive, kilts, giants, house elf liberation and more!

Cover by Leela Starsky
Published July 15th 2001 by FictionAlley

Markus Quast
Dec 30, 2012 Markus Quast rated it it was amazing
This Fanfiction was the first one I've read five years ago and I can say that the trilogy to which "the psychic serpent" belongs, is the best of all FanFiction of HP I've read until now. The sequels "the time of good intention" and "the triangle prophecy" is even better! Thanks Barb!
Heather Serra
After seeing all the good reviews I thought I would give this one a shot, but though it seemed to hold a lot of potential, the writing style was a bit wordy and then came a little tidbit that brought me to a screeching halt. In a letter to Harry from Hermione, she mentions going to see Victor Krum in Bulgaria, who had just gotten a job as reserve Seeker for the Chudley Cannons. WTF?! Why would a world-class quidditch star, one who carried his team to the finals of the world cup, take up a second ...more
Joanne
Jan 18, 2013 Joanne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: potter-world
GREAT HARRY POTTER FAN FICTION! It's the HP story told with different twists (starts after The Goblet of Fire). NOT for the under 17 group as the teens do what a lot of teens do and explore their sexuality. A few things were changed from the original and you may or may not pick them up (example: Ginny's given name is not "Virginia" as stated in this story). I enjoyed it a great deal and will be starting the next book by this fan today. :-D
Becca
Apr 25, 2014 Becca rated it it was amazing
Hands down the best HP fanfic I have read.
Fawwaz Vi britannia
May 25, 2016 Fawwaz Vi britannia rated it it was ok
Considering how long the read was, there was not much plot to speak of - it read more like a series of related vignettes than a complete narrative. Nevertheless, it was good to see the HP crew again (Draco in particular got an excellent rework), and the romantic shenanigans offered a much needed distraction from the story's lack of substance.
Lori Walker
Aug 01, 2014 Lori Walker rated it it was amazing
This was one of the first HP fan fictions I ever read, and I thought it was clever, even if the serpent didn't have a lot to do with the story overall. The characters were well written, and it made me want to read the rest of the series.
Don
Jan 01, 2014 Don rated it it was amazing
Exellent fan fic really enjoyed the different take on the series.
There is a preqel The Lost Generation that sets everything in where it flows more smoothly.
Marija
Nov 20, 2015 Marija rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
Megan McEnteggart
So as I sit here and type this review I still have tears running down my cheeks. Through all three books I have laughed, I have cried, I have sat in suspense, I have gasped and I have loved.

This 3 part trilogy is something that will really get you thinking, make you stop and will make you appreciate everything.

The ending is NOT what I expected and it made me quite emotional. I wont say anything due to spoilers but take it from me. You need to read this book, you need to read all of them. I hav
Steve
Dec 11, 2016 Steve rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
This is the first book for ages I've absolutely had to keep getting back to - to read 'just a little more, just a little more' until 2 in the morning and so on.
Got almost nothing done all day because I was hooked on the book. Apart from some minor niggles with inconsistencies and Krum joining an English team, loved it. Going searching for the next one right now.
:D
SgoiltePrais
Sep 14, 2015 SgoiltePrais rated it it was ok
Nope!

Could have been good, I liked the premise and I don't mind when a fan fic diverges from canon. I do however mind when it's long-winded and badly written.

Sorry... really wanted to like it.
Leo
Feb 14, 2011 Leo rated it liked it
The book is too long and the writing isn't as good as other fan fiction I've read. The plot is slow but at the same time makes you keep reading.
Abhijeet Aswani
Abhijeet Aswani rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2014
Perseus Jackson
Perseus Jackson rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2015
Kaitlin
Kaitlin rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2016
Julia Walsh
Julia Walsh rated it did not like it
Nov 11, 2014
France
France rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2016
Adam
Adam rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2013
Angad
Angad rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2016
Brijesh Solanki
Brijesh Solanki rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2014
Hong Yee
Hong Yee rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2013
MoosetressofEvil
MoosetressofEvil rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2016
Max Yankov
Max Yankov rated it did not like it
Jan 30, 2016
Faris
Faris rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2017
David Timmons
David Timmons rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2013
Tim
Tim rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2012
Pam Pixie
Pam Pixie rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2015
Marina Dzhelali
Marina Dzhelali rated it liked it
Sep 25, 2014
Shashwat
Shashwat rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2016
Katy Todd
Katy Todd rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Naked Quidditch Match
  • Living With Danger
  • A Year Like None Other (Like None Other, #1)
  • The Life and Times
  • Harry's First Christmas
  • Underwater Light
  • My Immortal
  • Saving Connor (Sacrifices Arc, #1)
  • The Flawed Master: Lessons Professor Snape Taught Me
  • Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
  • Lap Magnet
  • Sparkly Pens (Sparkly Pens, #1-3)
  • Bite Marks and Bendy Straws (A series of vignettes, #1)
  • Oath Breaker (Oath Breaker, #1)
  • The Worst Thing I Ever Did
  • Binomial Coefficients
  • James Potter and The Bolt of Ages
  • Draco Dormiens (Draco Trilogy, #1)

Harry Potter and the Psychic Serpent (3 books)
  • Harry Potter and the Time of Good Intentions