Start by marking “Rick Steves' Great Britain 2011 with map” as Want to Read:
Rick Steves' Great Britain 2011 with map

Rick Steves' Great Britain 2011 with map

4.18  ·  Rating Details  ·  156 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
You can count on Rick Steves to tell you what you really need to know when traveling in Great Britain.

With this guide, you’ll explore the misty isle of Great Britain, from lively London to the lush green fields of Wales and the craggy beauty of the Scottish Highlands. Wander the sheep-dotted hillsides of the Lake District, and stroll the promenade at the kitschy beach reso
Published January 4th 2011 by Avalon Travel Publishing (first published January 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Rick Steves' Great Britain 2011 with map, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rick Steves' Great Britain 2011 with map

Miriam
Dec 26, 2011 Miriam rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travel
There is definitely some interesting and useful information here, but Steves' attitude gets in the way. He tends to make very sweeping judgements about entire areas of Great Britain (for example, he writes off most of Wales with just a few sentences). To me, he comes off as a guy who wants everybody to know how well-traveled and enlightened he is, when in reality he has some very strong prejudices and opinions.
DeAnna
Jul 17, 2008 DeAnna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I haven't actually read this version, however I've used his travel books for 8 years now. When we lived in the UK I used his books extensively. Some info would be out of date, however I was also visiting cities more than once and really getting to go to more than just the main attractions. His books would be my first choice for travel anytime!
Joan
Jan 27, 2011 Joan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent! Steves doesn't cover every city or landmark in Britain, but those he chooses, he has great detail about. For example, he tells how to obtain inner circle access to Stonehenge, and provides self-guided walk information for several key cities and towns.
Jessica
Mar 01, 2008 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Planning a trip there this summer. There a lot of GREAT ideas in this guide. The only problem I see is that some of the B&B's he recommends are not rated very high on Tripadvisor.com. I guess we'll see for ourselves in June!
Amy
Aug 11, 2008 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book. Steves is very opinionated and focused so it's nice to have another travel book to use in conjunction with it; but his guidance is very helpful and his information is easy to use and reliable.
James
Apr 18, 2009 James rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As usual. Mr Steves adds some interesting stories and facts to your armchair exploration of foreign destinations. Helped in our online searches for information, even though we have been several times.
Juliet
May 03, 2008 Juliet rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent. Quirky and opinionatedv with lots of swell prose, this man gives you a plan. I have his copy of almost every European country, and it is the best, along with Let's Go.
Diana
Feb 27, 2015 Diana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
Loooong but a lot of information for our upcoming trip. Been very useful so far. Will definitely be going with us.
Benjamin
Feb 14, 2012 Benjamin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travel
got me to know where to go around the island and gave me the idea of what I would enjoy to do
Candy Johnson
Nov 16, 2009 Candy Johnson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The only travel guides we need in Europe are by Rick Steves!
Judge
Jun 27, 2013 Judge rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Used this book while traveling through Great Britain in '07
Elisabeth
May 16, 2008 Elisabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wouldn't travel in Europe without Rick Steves!
Ellen
Jan 02, 2008 Ellen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Rick Steves.
Lynne Facer
Lynne Facer rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2016
Meredith Stills
Meredith Stills rated it did not like it
Jun 30, 2016
Priscilla
Priscilla rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2016
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2016
Diane
Diane rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2016
Tori Estren
Tori Estren marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Minerva
Minerva rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2016
Kassey
Kassey added it
Feb 22, 2016
Jon Hiner
Jon Hiner rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2016
Dwight Tompkins
Dwight Tompkins rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2016
Lore
Lore rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2016
Anna Fedorova
Anna Fedorova marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Johnny Mayall
Johnny Mayall rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2016
Jill Amirpashaie
Jill Amirpashaie rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Great Britain
  • Europe on a Shoestring
  • Encyclopedia of Dog Breeds
  • Why Do Dogs Have Wet Noses?
  • Medieval Romances
  • Robert Bloch's Psychos
  • The Collected Writings Of Ambrose Bierce
  • Pirates
  • The Kings and Queens of England and Scotland
  • The Gremlins: The Lost Walt Disney Production, A Royal Air Force Story by Flight Lieutenant Roald Dahl
  • Eyewitness Travel Guides - Ireland
  • Living the Simple Life: A Guide to Scaling Down and Enjoying More
  • Johnson's Life Of London: The People Who Made The City That Made The World
Richard "Rick" Steves is an American author and television personality on European travel. He is the host of a public television series, and a public radio travel show, and the author of many travel guidebooks and autobiographies.
More about Rick Steves...