Start by marking “Rick Steves' Great Britain 2011 with map” as Want to Read:
Rick Steves' Great Britain 2011 with map

Rick Steves' Great Britain 2011 with map

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  141 ratings  ·  13 reviews
You can count on Rick Steves to tell you what you really need to know when traveling in Great Britain.

With this guide, you’ll explore the misty isle of Great Britain, from lively London to the lush green fields of Wales and the craggy beauty of the Scottish Highlands. Wander the sheep-dotted hillsides of the Lake District, and stroll the promenade at the kitschy beach reso
Published January 4th 2011 by Avalon Travel Publishing (first published January 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Rick Steves' Great Britain 2011 with map, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rick Steves' Great Britain 2011 with map

Miriam
There is definitely some interesting and useful information here, but Steves' attitude gets in the way. He tends to make very sweeping judgements about entire areas of Great Britain (for example, he writes off most of Wales with just a few sentences). To me, he comes off as a guy who wants everybody to know how well-traveled and enlightened he is, when in reality he has some very strong prejudices and opinions.
DeAnna
I haven't actually read this version, however I've used his travel books for 8 years now. When we lived in the UK I used his books extensively. Some info would be out of date, however I was also visiting cities more than once and really getting to go to more than just the main attractions. His books would be my first choice for travel anytime!
Joan
Excellent! Steves doesn't cover every city or landmark in Britain, but those he chooses, he has great detail about. For example, he tells how to obtain inner circle access to Stonehenge, and provides self-guided walk information for several key cities and towns.
Jessica
Planning a trip there this summer. There a lot of GREAT ideas in this guide. The only problem I see is that some of the B&B's he recommends are not rated very high on Tripadvisor.com. I guess we'll see for ourselves in June!
Amy
Great book. Steves is very opinionated and focused so it's nice to have another travel book to use in conjunction with it; but his guidance is very helpful and his information is easy to use and reliable.
James
As usual. Mr Steves adds some interesting stories and facts to your armchair exploration of foreign destinations. Helped in our online searches for information, even though we have been several times.
Juliet
Excellent. Quirky and opinionatedv with lots of swell prose, this man gives you a plan. I have his copy of almost every European country, and it is the best, along with Let's Go.
Diana
Loooong but a lot of information for our upcoming trip. Been very useful so far. Will definitely be going with us.
Benjamin
got me to know where to go around the island and gave me the idea of what I would enjoy to do
Candy Johnson
The only travel guides we need in Europe are by Rick Steves!
Judge Leverich
Used this book while traveling through Great Britain in '07
Elisabeth
I wouldn't travel in Europe without Rick Steves!
Mary
Mary is currently reading it
Aug 09, 2015
Stephane
Stephane marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Sheila
Sheila added it
May 14, 2015
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Rachel
Rachel added it
May 26, 2015
Ken
Ken marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Richard "Rick" Steves is an American author and television personality on European travel. He is the host of a public television series, and a public radio travel show, and the author of many travel guidebooks and autobiographies.
More about Rick Steves...
Rick Steves' Europe Through the Back Door 2007: The Travel Skills Handbook  Travel as a Political Act Rick Steves' Italy 2007 Rick Steves' Paris 2007 (Rick Steves' City and Regional Guides) Rick Steves' Europe 101: History and Art for the Traveler