Start by marking “An Unlikely Hero” as Want to Read:
An Unlikely Hero

An Unlikely Hero

It's the beginning of August, 1815. The dishonourable John Sebastian Smirke, a heartless pretty narcissist, has had another genuine offer of marriage rejected by a sneering Papa. Offended and infuriated, he executes the perfect revenge; blackmailing the virgin concerned into his bed. His web is skilfully woven; success is assured until he's caught in his own web. Fate ...more
Nook, 0 pages
Published December 20th 2010 by Cari Hislop, via Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about An Unlikely Hero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Unlikely Hero

Kagama-the Literaturevixen
It seems I had forgotten that I knew about this author.

Written in the same chaotic style and with incomphrehensible characters as the other book by this author this one tells the story of John Sebastian Smirke who is a ... vain unpleasant guy in love with himself and who cant stand "ugly" people (thats pretty much everyone else) and that goes around calling for his "mamma" constantly. Hes a mamas boy and when he learns his mama got married he throws a tantrum.

A grown man..throwing a tantrum..sur
Susan
Feb 26, 2015 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lovers of fantasy romances and farce
The hero is John Smirke, an unlikely hero as at the start of the book he is a heartless rake who has few redeeming qualities, with the exception of the love he holds for his mother and brothers.
He is a selfish man capable of blackmailing women into his bed, he is never the less killed by a cruel, cowardly scoundrel who makes John look like a nice bloke.
This tale, like all of Ms Hislop's books has fantasy elements, in this case John is brought back from the dead to be the hero and husband of the
Bimpe
Bimpe rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2013
kate
kate rated it liked it
Sep 16, 2014
Rowan Leigh
Rowan Leigh rated it liked it
May 15, 2012
Gayle Newsome-davis
Gayle Newsome-davis rated it it was ok
Jul 02, 2012
tacitus
tacitus rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2013
♥The Kat's Meow♥
♥The Kat's Meow♥ rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2011
Tohru
Tohru rated it it was ok
Jan 12, 2012
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2015
Hoesaegmatter
Hoesaegmatter rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2013
Marie
Marie rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2012
Karen
Karen rated it it was ok
Aug 25, 2011
Reader
Reader rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2012
Toks
Toks added it
May 14, 2013
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2013
Kadam Barik
Kadam Barik marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2013
Rettah
Rettah added it
Jun 26, 2014
Chika Onwukwe
Chika Onwukwe marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
3205276
I’m an American married to an adorable English Goblin. I’m an artist with a degree in fashion design, but I’ve always been a story teller. Stories are everywhere; in every scent, every glimpse out of the corner of the eye. The most magical moments of my life have been born of ‘what if?’.

I’ve been making up stories as long as I can remember. At ten I started writing (it was a romance – the girl’s p
More about Cari Hislop...