Mr. Putter & Tabby Paint the Porch

Mr. Putter & Tabby Paint the Porch (Mr. Putter & Tabby #9)

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  275 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Mr. Putter wants to paint his porch. He has a bucket of pink paint, a big brush, and some rags. And he has Tabby to keep him company. Everything is perfect, until a squirrel scampers onto the porch and catches Tabby’s eye. . . .

More favorites in the Mr. Putter and Tabby Series:

Mr. Putter & Tabby Bake the Cake

Mr. Putter & Tabby Fly the Plane

Mr. Putter & Tabby P...more
Published October 1st 2001 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published February 28th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Putter & Tabby Paint the Porch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Putter & Tabby Paint the Porch

dblue
The Mr. Putter and Tabby are one of our favorite childrens series. We laughed so much together and it made reading fun and was a wonderful way to spend time together. Cynthia Rylant is such a wonderful story teller. I would recommend any in this series for young children (and their parents)
Cheryl in CC NV
Tabby is such a wonderful character. And it's so nice to see seniors as the protagonists in children's books.
Libby
We've been reading a lot of Mr. Putter and Tabby recently, but this one particularly tickled Mae's funny bone. I don't know if she was more amused by the way the porch looked after Tabby or Zeke had chased off another critter or the reappearance of painted critters at the end of the story. Another fun read!
Little Miss and the Legomeister
Loved it!

I love these books, the whole series. They are warm and funny. Mr. Putter is so earnest, and kind, and polite. It’s just that funny things keep happening to him. The illustrations are very expressive, they really communicate the emotions of the characters, especially Tabby.

These books are written for children who have outgrown “early readers” but are not quite ready for “chapter” books. They’re still easy to read and have a picture on each page, but they have more words on each page, an...more
Kathy
nnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiicccccccccceeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!
Henry
MCL. I liked the end when the squirrel came back.
Maggie
As you can see this is a very funny story. As you know it's on my funny shelf. It's very funny I tell ya. All of the Mr. Putter books are funny if you can see. On Goodreads you can see it because this comment knows it.
Christy
Dolly
Feb 01, 2011 Dolly rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: 2011, childrens, pets
We've really enjoyed the Mr. Putter and Tabby series and this is a funny story. The illustrations are colorful and the narrative is simple for beginning readers. We loved the pink squirrel and blue chipmunk!
Arielle Feist
This book is great for kids. It is filled with great illustrations and humor. It is about a man and his cat who end up painting more than just their porch.
Again this children's book is great for kids!!!!
Elizabeth S
Solid, good fun. And rather entertaining. Some of the events happen off-stage, which is funny for those who get it, but a young child might need some help to read between the lines.
Melisa
I read all the Mr. Putter books I could get my hands on to my son and he loved everyone! This one sticks out in my memory. We read them about 6 years ago when he was 5.
Alaina Sloo
One of my favorite early reader series. Sweet, gentle stories that many kids love, perfect for kindergarten through 2d grade.
Dree
My favorite of the Mr Putter books. Who can pass up a pink squirrel and blue chipmunk?
Catriona Rogers
We read this one tonight. (Feb. 6, Snowstorm Saturday.) Gillian loved it.
Amy
Funny and cute! Lots of mayhem to entertain the little ones!
Kristine Pratt
Oh my...the ending of this...I couldn't stop laughing!
Schmobes
Great level 3. Very fun!
Lane
Simple story with engaging common problems and humore.
Nora
MCL. It was funny.
Maddie Claire
Maddie Claire marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Athena
Athena marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Books for Primary Grade Readers 2 1 Mar 26, 2012 09:33PM
  • Nate the Great Goes Undercover
  • Fancy Nancy: The Show Must Go On
  • Amelia Bedelia's Family Album
  • The Bike Lesson
  • Happy Haunting, Amelia Bedelia
  • Blaze and the Forest Fire: Billy and Blaze Spread the Alarm
  • Houndsley and Catina (Houndsley and Catina, #1)
  • The Littles And The Trash Tinies
  • A Birthday for Bear: An Early Reader
  • Biscuit Visits the Big City
  • Chicken Said "Cluck!" (My First I Can Read Books)
  • Burt Dow, Deep-Water Man
  • Fly Guy vs. the Flyswatter! (Fly Guy, #10)
  • Five Little Monkeys with Nothing to Do
  • Sam the Minuteman
  • Dodsworth in New York
  • Tut's Mummy: Lost...and Found
  • For the Love of Autumn
An author of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry for children and young adults as well as an author and author/illustrator of picture books for children, Cynthia Rylant is recognized as a gifted writer who has contributed memorably to several genres of juvenile literature. A prolific author who often bases her works on her own background, especially on her childhood in the West Virginia mountains, she...more
More about Cynthia Rylant...
The Relatives Came Missing May When I Was Young in the Mountains Henry and Mudge: The First Book (Henry and Mudge, #1) Old Town in the Green Groves: Laura Ingalls Wilder's Lost Little House Years