Start by marking “Mr. Putter & Tabby Paint the Porch” as Want to Read:
Mr. Putter & Tabby Paint the Porch

Mr. Putter & Tabby Paint the Porch (Mr. Putter & Tabby #9)

4.32  ·  Rating Details  ·  379 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Mr. Putter wants to paint his porch. He has a bucket of pink paint, a big brush, and some rags. And he has Tabby to keep him company. Everything is perfect, until a squirrel scampers onto the porch and catches Tabby’s eye. . . .

More favorites in the Mr. Putter and Tabby Series:

Mr. Putter & Tabby Bake the Cake

Mr. Putter & Tabby Fly the Plane

Mr. Putter & Tabby
Published October 1st 2001 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published February 28th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Putter & Tabby Paint the Porch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Putter & Tabby Paint the Porch

The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleWhere the Wild Things Are by Maurice SendakGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussGoodnight Moon by Margaret Wise BrownThe Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss
Best Picture Books
470th out of 1,765 books — 1,167 voters

More lists with this book...

dblue
Mar 14, 2010 dblue rated it it was amazing
The Mr. Putter and Tabby are one of our favorite childrens series. We laughed so much together and it made reading fun and was a wonderful way to spend time together. Cynthia Rylant is such a wonderful story teller. I would recommend any in this series for young children (and their parents)
Chantelle
May 11, 2015 Chantelle rated it it was amazing
My son and I both thoroughly enjoyed every book in this series (through #18; the rest weren't published / available at our library yet). Mrs. Rylant's sentence structure is simple enough for beginning readers to enjoy but don't let that fool you! Each book contains an engaging plot, clever & silly humor, and underlying themes of friendship, thoughtfulness, and responsibility. We spent many hours laughing together at the (mis)adventures of Mr. Putter, Tabby, and their friends. We were excited ...more
Sam
I like this book. The illustrations support the text and there is a detailed illustration on each page. The text is provided in short sentences. Some words might be unfamiliar to children. It has four chapters and each chapter is pretty short. There aren't too many words on a page to make a child feel overwhelmed. The story is easy to follow and full of funny situations that children will enjoy.
Libby
May 28, 2014 Libby rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We've been reading a lot of Mr. Putter and Tabby recently, but this one particularly tickled Mae's funny bone. I don't know if she was more amused by the way the porch looked after Tabby or Zeke had chased off another critter or the reappearance of painted critters at the end of the story. Another fun read!
Little Miss and the Legomeister
Loved it!

I love these books, the whole series. They are warm and funny. Mr. Putter is so earnest, and kind, and polite. It’s just that funny things keep happening to him. The illustrations are very expressive, they really communicate the emotions of the characters, especially Tabby.

These books are written for children who have outgrown “early readers” but are not quite ready for “chapter” books. They’re still easy to read and have a picture on each page, but they have more words on each page, an
Tiffany
Feb 09, 2015 Tiffany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very funny with Mr. Putter having to re-paint the porch so many times.
Marianac
This is a very cool book to read. I think you guys would like it.
Kathy
Jun 05, 2014 Kathy rated it it was amazing
nnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiicccccccccceeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!
Henry
Apr 04, 2014 Henry rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: early-readers
MCL. I liked the end when the squirrel came back.
Lisa
Dec 26, 2014 Lisa rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-library, 2014
Cute
Maggie
Sep 11, 2011 Maggie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites, animals, funny
As you can see this is a very funny story. As you know it's on my funny shelf. It's very funny I tell ya. All of the Mr. Putter books are funny if you can see. On Goodreads you can see it because this comment knows it.
Christy
Nov 30, 2012 Christy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: easy-reader
Dolly
Feb 01, 2011 Dolly rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: childrens, pets, 2011
We've really enjoyed the Mr. Putter and Tabby series and this is a funny story. The illustrations are colorful and the narrative is simple for beginning readers. We loved the pink squirrel and blue chipmunk!
Arielle Feist
This book is great for kids. It is filled with great illustrations and humor. It is about a man and his cat who end up painting more than just their porch.
Again this children's book is great for kids!!!!
Elizabeth S
Dec 01, 2011 Elizabeth S rated it liked it
Shelves: c-beginner
Solid, good fun. And rather entertaining. Some of the events happen off-stage, which is funny for those who get it, but a young child might need some help to read between the lines.
Melisa
Aug 28, 2008 Melisa rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
I read all the Mr. Putter books I could get my hands on to my son and he loved everyone! This one sticks out in my memory. We read them about 6 years ago when he was 5.
Katie Fitzgerald
Read at first grade class visit on 5/10/13: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...
Alaina Sloo
May 15, 2013 Alaina Sloo rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite early reader series. Sweet, gentle stories that many kids love, perfect for kindergarten through 2d grade.
Dree
My favorite of the Mr Putter books. Who can pass up a pink squirrel and blue chipmunk?
Logan
One of our favorites of this series. So funny! L read this aloud to me 2/28
Catriona Rogers
Feb 06, 2010 Catriona Rogers rated it really liked it
We read this one tonight. (Feb. 6, Snowstorm Saturday.) Gillian loved it.
Amy
Dec 23, 2012 Amy rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens, reviewed
Funny and cute! Lots of mayhem to entertain the little ones!
Kristine Hansen
Sep 11, 2013 Kristine Hansen rated it it was amazing
Oh my...the ending of this...I couldn't stop laughing!
Schmobes
Feb 21, 2015 Schmobes rated it really liked it
Great level 3. Very fun!
Lane
Jun 11, 2014 Lane rated it it was amazing
Simple story with engaging common problems and humore.
Nora
Feb 25, 2011 Nora rated it really liked it
MCL. It was funny.
Susan Crandall
Susan Crandall rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2016
Julie Cook
Julie Cook rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Books for Primary Grade Readers 2 1 Mar 27, 2012 05:33AM
  • Iris and Walter
  • Fly Guy vs. the Flyswatter! (Fly Guy, #10)
  • Blaze and Thunderbolt
  • Partners (Cowgirl Kate and Cocoa)
  • I am Going! (Elephant and Piggie, #11)
  • Nate the Great Goes Undercover
  • Amelia Bedelia Under Construction
  • Ling & Ting Share a Birthday
  • Fancy Nancy: The Show Must Go On
  • Mittens
  • Penny and Her Marble
  • Dragon Gets By
  • Benny and Penny in The Big No-No!
  • Sam the Minuteman
  • Five Little Monkeys with Nothing to Do
  • Mouse and Mole, Fine Feathered Friends
  • P. J. Funnybunny Camps Out
  • Dodsworth in Rome
An author of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry for children and young adults as well as an author and author/illustrator of picture books for children, Cynthia Rylant is recognized as a gifted writer who has contributed memorably to several genres of juvenile literature. A prolific author who often bases her works on her own background, especially on her childhood in the West Virginia mountains, she ...more
More about Cynthia Rylant...

Mr. Putter & Tabby (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Mr. Putter & Tabby Pour the Tea