Start by marking “The Big Blueberry Barf-Off! (Rotten School #1)” as Want to Read:
The Big Blueberry Barf-Off! (Rotten School #1)

The Big Blueberry Barf-Off! (Rotten School #1)

3.78  ·  Rating Details  ·  421 Ratings  ·  64 Reviews
Bernie Bridges Rules the School!

He convinced the cafeteria lady that a Milky Way bar is a vegetable.

He got the coach to make giving wedgies an offical school sport.

Bernie always has a plan.

But how will he get spoiled rich kid Sherman Oaks to give him his watch—the one that tells time, plays DVDs, and pops popcorn?

Hint: It involves a contest, 25 blueberry pies, and a gallon
Published April 14th 2009 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 2005)

JasonChan
This book is about a dorm school at elementary school. There's a trouble maker named Bernie B. He's in 4th grade with his friends which is his crew. They're all trouble makers and Bernie is pretty convincing or persuasive. He can convince the principal about bad problems and making them sound like it's good for the school. He's having a tough school year with his rival Sherman Oaks. Sherman has a cool watch and even attracted the girl Bernie likes. Sherman has a five hundred dollar watch and ha ...more
Jon
Apr 24, 2011 Jon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is definitely one of the funniest books i have read! R.L. Stine uses great words to describe the mood of the characters. He always keeps me laughing when i read any of his books in this series. I love the way he describes the characters and how the talk in the book.
the Great BlueBerry Barf-off is about pretty much what the title says. It is about a boy named Bernie Bridges, a fourth grader who believes he is the smartest, coolest, and most popular kid in the rotten School. His arch ene
Gia Altier
Nov 11, 2015 Gia Altier rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read the book The Big Blueberry Barf-off book number one of the series, Rotten School by R.L. Stine. To be honest I found this book in my sister’s room a few years back, I read it one day and I fell instantly in love with it!! The book is full of weird looking people and things in the book you wouldn’t see in any other books out there. This book is wacky and fun. It’s about this boy who practically “rules” the Rotten School, it’s a boarding school so there are many rules that the main characte ...more
Elva Ulate
Feb 25, 2015 Elva Ulate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is not a very long but it is a funny short book about being cool in school. The characters in the book is Bernie, his friends Freeman and Crench,the popular boy with the gold watch Sherman and Bernie's crush April-May. The story is about Bernie wants Sherman's gold watch that costed $500 because it does so many cool things. Also Bernie wants to get his watch but he didn't know how to get it from him. What is really funny about this book is that Bernie wants a to do a pie eating contest ...more
Auggiesadorra
The title of my book is Rotten School the Big Blueberry Barf-Off. The author of this book is R.L Stine, and the genre is fiction. This book is about a pie sale in the elementary school “Rotten school”.The main character’s names are Bernie, and also Sherman. Bernie hates Sherman because he is rich and spoiled and he is also going out the with the girl that Bernie likes. Sherman is always constantly showing off the things his parents buy him, like his 500 dollar high tech watch. Bernie is just a n ...more
Autumn
Mar 02, 2016 Autumn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

So we finished a Goosebumps book by this author and as I was looking around in the library I noticed this book. When I noticed it was by R.L. Stine I was surprised as I didn't know he made a series called Rotten School. K seemed to really enjoy this book as we are introduced to Rotten School, and some of the characters in it. Just so you know the names are not normal names like James and Sally. No it is more like Beast and April-May-June weird names but th
Billy
Feb 17, 2016 Billy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The first book in the series is titled "The Big Blueberry Bark-off!" and was originally published in 2005 by Parachute Press. The book (and the entire series) is set at the private school called Rotten School, and centers on Bernie Bridge (Big B), a kid that has a million schemes up his sleeves throughout the school. He's kind of like the younger version of Saved by the Bell's Zack Morris.

Bernie lives in the Rotten House with his best friends Fennman & Crench, their dorm mother Mrs. Heinie a
Gavin
Jun 21, 2009 Gavin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The beginning of the Rotten School series. This one contained some little extra goodies, such as stickers and a few previews of other series by Stine. The humour's spot on for younger readers, these being aimed at around 6 to 12 year olds I suspect. I know I would have enjoyed it if it had been around when I was that age ::bones creak::
Laurie
Jul 04, 2008 Laurie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first R. L. Stine book read. My boys really liked the goosebumps series, and this looked interesting. It is cute and was fun to read, but I don't know that I would read the entire series. More a book for kids.
Forrest Filetti
Oct 04, 2009 Forrest Filetti rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a big fan R.L. Stine but when I saw the cover of this book I thoutht to myself "Know way i'm going to read this!" But I ended up liking it. But it was a littel nasty and the end.
Christopher
This is the first book of my Rotten School Flashbacks, and my first flashback book I have read! This is a wonderful short story book, that I would recommend to anyone that wants to go back in time and experience new stories or short stories that you want to really read! This book was slow at first but I caught back on when the real plot of the story started. This book is about a blueberry pie eating contest that Bernie B. came up as one of his schemes during his time at Rotten School. I cannot w ...more
Erin
Nov 22, 2010 Erin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting story...I wonder what the sequels are like.
Srinidhi.R Srinidhi.R
loved it..finished it in 1 hour..
Ivan Hudson
Aug 24, 2010 Ivan Hudson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Don't eat BLUEBEERRY PIES
Juniper
Apr 19, 2013 Juniper rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paperbooks
I have bought and read all 16 of the Rotten School books to give as a gift for a family member. I'm not going to list all 16 here as my review would just be repetitive.

First, I don't like when authors involve (celebrity/brand) name-dropping. It's not necessary to the plot (it's not like this is historical fiction) and it dates the story. Why not just make up celebrity/brand names? It wasn't excessive, so I let it go.

Second, I don't like the gross humor and the always trying to one-up the other w
Earline
Apr 25, 2016 Earline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, juvenile
My stepson loves Stine's Goosebumps series, so I thought we'd check out the Rotten School series. This series is for a slightly younger audience than Goosebumps (less text per page and includes illustrations), and is goofy with lots of gross boy humor. Overall a lot of fun and we plan on reading the next title in the series.
Robyne
Perfect for grade 3. Amusing series about kids who go to boarding school.
Aimee
Jan 14, 2016 Aimee rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was written by R.L.Stien ....It was not even SCARY I was WHAT
Trina
Jan 18, 2016 Trina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great elementary boy humor. Like that it's part of a series.
Jeff Bottrell
Read this aloud to my fifth-grade tutoring student.
Jayda
Oct 06, 2014 Jayda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh gosh back to my young days.
Anisha Sonti
It was kind of gross...
Rori simmons
Feb 03, 2016 Rori simmons rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite series
Andrew
Sep 21, 2014 Andrew rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was hilarious :)
Riley Higgins
Nov 22, 2010 Riley Higgins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is great!!! It is mainly about this boy named Bernie Bridges and a boy named Sherman Oaks. Sherman Oaks is rich and spoiled and lives in the dorm called Nyce House. Bernie is not rich and lives in a dorm called Rotten House. Bernie and Sheman are arch enemies and when Sheman gets a new watch with 42 functions you could imagine what might happen. If you want to find out what they decide to do read the book!!! I liked this book because it was entertaining and just fun to read!!!
Kiera
Jan 26, 2014 Kiera rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was awkward and some parts were gross
B
May 01, 2009 B rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: j-humorous
The first of the Rotten School series, about Bernie Bridges, an obnoxious 4th grader living in a boarding school and his war with Sherman Oaks, the rich kid that currently has favor with Bernie's dream girlfriend. I found only a few funny moments...all the things that Sherman's new watch can do for instance..but most of the humor is what only boys that age like...as the title should tell you.
Marie Claire
May 12, 2012 Marie Claire rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When i was a kid I was so hooked in this series and yes! I'm glad to say I completed all 16 books :D
This is definitely one of those weird in a good way books. This book made me wanna go and enroll to a boarding school - no kidding. I think this book is for everyone but I enjoyed it so much more when I was 8. Oh and this is one of those AWESOME books out there :).
Antonia
Dec 09, 2009 Antonia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book is the first one of the rotten school series... it's about a boy named bernie that does a competition for a watch and the competition was about a blue berry pie contest and his friend beast( they call him that because he looks like one! )enters the competition for him and he wins the contest and at the end he barfs up all the blueberry pie he ate!
  • It Came from Beneath the Bed! (Tales from the House of Bunnicula, #1)
  • Andrew Lost On the Dog (Andrew Lost #1)
  • Knights of the Kitchen Table (Time Warp Trio, #1)
  • The Big One-Oh
  • Great-Grandpa's in the Litter Box (The Zack Files #1)
  • Toad Rage (Toad, #1)
  • Fartiste
  • Dracula vs. Grampa at the Monster Truck Spectacular (Wiley & Grampa's Creature Features, #1)
  • Little Miss Twins
  • Maybelle in the Soup
  • Viking
  • Zuto: The Adventures of a Computer Virus
  • Ogres Don't Hunt Easter Eggs (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids Holiday Special, #5)
  • Swords: An Artist's Devotion
  • Meanwhile, Back at the Ranch
  • Night of the Zombie Goldfish (Dr. Roach's Monstrous Stories #1)
  • Captain Awesome VS. Nacho Cheese Man
  • Sharks And Other Sea Monsters

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Rotten School (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • The Great Smelling Bee (Rotten School, #2)
  • The Good, the Bad and the Very Slimy (Rotten School, #3)
  • Lose, Team, Lose! (Rotten School, #4)
  • Shake, Rattle, and Hurl! (Rotten School, #5)
  • The Heinie Prize (Rotten School, #6)
  • Dudes, the School Is Haunted! (Rotten School, #7)
  • The Teacher from Heck (Rotten School, #8)
  • Party Poopers (Rotten School, #9)
  • The Rottenest Angel (Rotten School #10)
  • Punk'd and Skunked (Rotten School, #11)