Start by marking “The Quotable Sandman” as Want to Read:
The Quotable Sandman

The Quotable Sandman

4.46 of 5 stars 4.46  ·  rating details  ·  2,985 ratings  ·  14 reviews
This unique mini-hardcover contains the most memorable quotes from Neil Gaiman's THE SANDMAN series, accompanied by masterful renditions of Morpheus and the rest of the Endless, contributed by a remarkable ensemble of artists.
Published May 1st 2001 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about The Quotable Sandman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Quotable Sandman

Ea Solinas
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot." -- Dream

The Sandman series has two major things going for it: sublimely lovely art by a variety of talented artists, and Neil Gaiman's haunting writing... which are basically all that a graphic novel series needs to be brilliant. And both are present in "The Quotable Sandman: Memorable Lines from the Acclaimed Series," which is basically a beautiful
Alpha
"The Quotable Sandman is exactly as it sounds. This isn't a novel or a comic book but a collection of all of the best quotes in the Sandman Series created by Neil Gaiman. The quotes are even complimented with great illustrations by an remarkable ensemble of artists.

A lot of the quotes are based around the five major characters in the entire Sandman Series who are Dream, Death, Destruction, Delirium, and Despair. Notice how all the names start with the letter ""D"". Anyways, a lot of these quotes
Ben
I bought this book thinking it was standalone, it was only $2 and had the price sticker over the part that says "Memorable lines from the acclaimed series". So I initially thought it was a spinoff book in addition to the series. I honestly didn't put much time or thought into buying it.

Reading through it though, I found some of the quotes insightful and interesting. Most of them weren't very enlightening though, and would be more enjoyable with the proper context of the story.

The art is medioc
melissa
A cute little book. Gorgeous artwork & great quotes. A nice way to remember the series for those that read it or a small taste to hook in new readers.
John Watt
I nice easy read of quotes from the Sandman Comic series.
Hope
This was part of Mah Sweetie's 13th Mensaversary gift to me. It's fun to remember the series through the quotations, and I enjoyed seeing the art in this different context. It's a small, hard-back meander through a graphic novel series I'm right fond of. I wouldn't have bought it for myself, but I'm very glad Mah Sweetie did.
Reese Lightning
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths
that will endure when mere facts
are dust and ashes,
and forgot." -Dream

"That which is dreamed
can never be lost,
can never be undreamed." -Master Li
Neil
Forgot I owned this, until my girlfriend got into reading Sandman. A clever little "gift book" for Gaiman fans. The quotes are fun, but the illustrations are what make this work.
Sara Forsberg
Sandman coffee table-book. What more could you want?
bitchrepublic
Gift from a good friend - i love it! very inspirational.
Andrea
Great Coffee Table book
Ailise  Evans
Ailise Evans marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Kimosabe
Kimosabe marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Hazel
Hazel marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Cedric
Cedric marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Anne Plouffe
Anne Plouffe marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2015
Arkasha
Arkasha marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Jasmin Sveum
Jasmin Sveum marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Kai
Kai marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Karin
Karin marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Esma
Esma marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
Nikki Martinez
Nikki Martinez marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Steven Ontiveros
Steven Ontiveros marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
  • The Furies
  • Hanging Out with the Dream King
  • Fables: Covers
  • Y: The Last Man - The Deluxe Edition Book Four
American Gods (American Gods, #1) Coraline The Graveyard Book Neverwhere The Ocean at the End of the Lane