Start by marking “Łotr (Trylogia zdrajcy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Łotr (Trylogia zdrajcy, #2)

Łotr (The Traitor Spy Trilogy #2)

4.02  ·  Rating Details  ·  9,920 Ratings  ·  258 Reviews
Żyjąc wśród sachakańskich buntowników, Lorkin stara się dowiedzieć o nich i ich wyjątkowej magii jak najwięcej. Zdrajcy nie są jednak chętni, by podzielić się nią w zamian za wiedzę uzdrowicielską, którą tak desperacko pragną poznać. Choć Lorkin przypuszcza, że obawiają się ujawnić przed światem swoje istnienie, pojawiają się pewne przesłanki, że ich plany są bardziej ambi ...more
Published May 4th 2011 by Galeria Książki (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Łotr, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Łotr

Derek
Ugh. Where to begin? It was about three years ago that I read the Black Magician's trilogy. It was quite good. When the Magician's Apprentice came out I read it with glee. It was pretty good. And then Canavan began "The Traitor Spy Trilogy". What was she thinking?

The first book in the series, "The Ambassador's Mission" Takes place 20 years after those in the Black Magician Trilogy. It was an okay story, but most of it was spent attempting to recover lost history, history the reader is aware of
Ferdy
Spoilers

This was a chore to read, it was boring and slow paced. The characters and arcs didn't hold my interest.
I didn't care about Lorkin or the Traitors, there was nothing remotely entertaining about either of them. Also, Lorkin's relationship with Tyvara was dull.
The addition of Lillia was annoying. She would have been a half decent protagonist but her stupidity and naivety ruined her character. I lost count of the number of times she was manipulated, if she'd been used once or twice that wo
Wai
May 11, 2011 Wai rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a hard book to review. Whilst I did enjoy a lot of it, it also suffered from middle book syndrome in that the main plot isn't even close to being resolved. Obviously, if it had been wrapped up, then there'd be no trilogy, would there? Don't answer that.

So after the events at the end of the last, the two main points are that everyone is desperately searching for Skellin and Lorkin has been taken to the home of the Traitors. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then you're starting in
Lord Nouda
It was a bit annoying due to the fact that there's a lot of unnecessary factors in the book. It would seem as though Trudi Canavan is seriously trying to put the spotlight on the homosexual community in the series, and that's even more pronounced in this book where she introduces not just two but 3 entirely new characters (all chicks) who have the hots for each other (or so they claim). In the last book, it was the guys, now it's the opposite side of the spectrum. So out of all the characters in ...more
Ella
Oct 14, 2012 Ella rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think I'm being generous here, another lackluster installment of the traitor spy trilogy only my love of the BMT is keeping me reading in the vain hope that they might improve.
Alas never has a piece of work been such a lead-up to it's next installment since I saw pirates of the Caribbean 2.
There is hardly any action in the book, a look at the Duna tribe was about the hi-light of the entire thing for me. Stick to your strengths Canavan, you're excellent at world-building not so much at creati
Allison
May 12, 2016 Allison rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Die-hard Canavan fans with patience
Shelves: fantasy, cliffhanger
Let me start out by saying this was a vast improvement over the first book in the Traitor Spy Trilogy. In The Rogue, events finally start moving beyond reminiscing about the past and setting the stage. Sort of. The stage is still being set, but it's a wider stage than in The Ambassador's Mission. The focus is less on how Imardin has changed in the last 20 years and how Sonea has been a virtual prisoner and more on current events in Imardin and Sachaka. That alone made it more interesting to read ...more
Maurinejt
This book suffers from the same affliction as the first installment in the series: it was too long for the material. There were too many scenes that didn't need to be there, that only serve as a bit of unnecessary character development and did nothing to advance the plot. The worst offender is the thread where a naive novice is introduced who is lead astray by an older girl, and it is blindingly obvious what was going on almost immediately. There is no need to take us in detail through the whole ...more
Kevin
May 28, 2011 Kevin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the latest trilogy by Trudi Canavan, which takes place 20 years after the events of the Black Magician trilogy. I really enjoy Trudi Canavan's writing. There is the perfect mix of magic, mystery, romance, and adventure. It's fun to see Sonea, Dannyl, and Cery again. Can't wait for, but will also regret, the conclusion of this enjoyable story.
Mel
Nov 18, 2014 Mel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: home
You know what I really don't like about this series? If the next book wouldn't be waiting on my shelf, I'd be so angry with Trudi Canavan. The story just ends abruptly and there's nothing left to say in the end. You have lots of questions left open and you have no idea what the f*ck is going on. Fortunately, I do have the next book next to me and I can read on, so that's cool. Just crossing my fingers that the last book won't end like that as well.

To the story itself, I gotta say it's a lot bett
Lindsey
Feb 20, 2014 Lindsey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Better than its predecessor, Canavan gets and keep the plot rolling through the entire book. I liked the introduction of Lilia to the cast, as we haven't had a Novice in this mix yet. (Although it's actually nice that the majority of the protagonists in this trilogy are middle-aged.) The plot moved much more steadily and continues to not revolve around the magical abilities of the characters as a device to move forward.

The aspect I continued to have the most trouble with, however, is connecting
Elise
Sep 02, 2011 Elise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although Trudi Canavan is a terrific author and I love the world she has created, I have to say I was a little dissapointed by this novel... Things happened very slowly (escpesially in the beginning) and the constant change of the different storylines alternated between being somehow relieving or being terribly annoing - the moment you really wanted to know what happened next the story changed to a different character.

The characters in The Rogue are pretty much the same as in The Ambassador's M
Moira
Jul 09, 2015 Moira rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, čj
Druhý díl Trilogie Zrádkyň. Ohledně očekávání jsem byla opatrná, protože druhé díly trilogií nebývají zpravidla nejlepšími kousky trilogií. Smutné, ale pravdivé. Bohužel i v tomto případě. Tím nechci říct, že by snad kniha byla špatná. Canavan umí psát, ve svém světě už po pěti, vlastně dokonce šesti knihách už chodit umí a má fantazii, která poutá. Takže přestože není Čarodějova zrada vrcholem Canavaniny tvorby, přesto je to poutavá kniha, kterou stojí za to přečíst.

Čarodějova zrada navazuje na
Lauren
Aug 23, 2012 Lauren rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**SPOILER ALERT**

I much preferred this book to the previous installment in the Traitor Spy Trilogy, 'The Ambassador's Mission'. I felt that this book focused more on the characters we know and love, and was much more exciting and fast paced. I also loved references and parallels to th Black Magician Trilogy - especially the waterfall! ;) :')

The only thing I really don't like about this book is Dannyl and Tayend. Now. I fell in love with Dannyl in the first book, and when I found out he was gay i
Becky (Blogs of a Bookaholic)
Jul 13, 2014 Becky (Blogs of a Bookaholic) rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Existing fans of The Black Magician Trilogy
description
This review was originally published on Blogs of a Bookaholic.

An enjoyable meander around the world of Kyralia that lacked some of the fire of Canavan’s previous works.
This book felt a little like an overindulgent chess game. There are sets of characters on each side of the board in the lands of Kyralia and Sachaka, and the story flits back and forth between the two. With Canvan’s key characters spread so widely it really slowed down the plot. Each time the reader visits a different character a
Julia
May 10, 2011 Julia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I've read this one twice. Once very quickly, skipping through a LOT, and once carefully, trying not to skip as much.

My opinion, though very bad at first, has slightly changed. It's better than I first thought it was. You can see how it's a middle book, but it has interesting scenes.
One thing I've never liked about Trudi Canavan was the romances in her books… and I still think they're sometimes quite ridiculous, but that might just be my opinion. There are scenes that I was not sure whether to
Natalie
Jul 04, 2011 Natalie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
did not enjoy this book nearly as much as I had hoped. It is not like I hated it, but I found it to be very dull. I couldn't get into Trudi Canavan's writing style at all and the way she kept jumping from character to character to character annoyed me. I never managed to know or care about them, though several seemed like they could be interesting if given the opportunity.

Lilia, for example. She is a gentle, naive girl just learning about love and she is led to do a foolish, dangerous thing. In
Blodeuedd Finland
Yet another character gets dragged into the series. Ok, so nothing wrong with many POVS, just they all gets so few pages. I got used to it, but it would have been better with longer stories.

Right so Sonea was a bit dull in this one. She is still trying to find that rogue. But nothing really happens to her.

Lorkin is with the traitors. They are women who wants an equal society, right so that is why men are below you all? I would leave, he is just too nice.

Then there is the new girl, Lilia, an easy
Valquiria
Feb 19, 2015 Valquiria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Amo a Trudi Canavan y todos sus libros. http://media.tumblr.com/d724775e5ba80...
Aunque sí es verdad que esta nueva trilogía está un poco por debajo del nivel de "Crónicas del mago negro", es una pasada. Y, si la otra tiene cuatro estrellas, esta tiene cuatro.
Tanto los personajes (especialmente Sonea y Lorkin) como la trama están muy bien desarrollados, y en ningún momento me aburrió. De hecho no hacía más que pensar en seguir leyendo mientras estaba en clase xDDD
YO OS RECOMIENDO QUE LEÁIS TODOS
Charles F. Bond
May 15, 2011 Charles F. Bond rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was taken back once again to the land of Imardin. Although, I did find the first few chapters a little out of Trudi's voice, if you will, it did come back to her style, and it was like I never left there.
A new character is born, young Lilia. We have to follow her in some parts on a wild journey of her discovery of not only herself, but of higher magic. I was captivated from, perhaps the forth chapter, lol, which lasted to the end.
We had to ask once before, just what might happen to Cery and An
Nazurka
Oct 28, 2015 Nazurka rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sonea 02. Die Heilerin - Trudi Canavan
Ein restektabler Mittelteil der Trilogie.

Die Heilerin

Klappentext:

"Lorkin, der Sohn der Schwarzen Magierin Sonea, wird in Sachaka von einer Rebellengruppe gefangen gehalten. Seine Häscher hoffen, von ihm die Kunst der Heilung durch Magie zu erlernen, die in Sachaka unbekannt ist. Lorkin ist fest entschlossen. das Geheimnis zu wahren. Doch dann verliebt er sich in eine der Rebellinnen ..."

Zur Autorin:

Trudi Canavan wurde 1969 im australischen Melbourne geboren
Andrew Riley
May 17, 2014 Andrew Riley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Rogue is quite definitely a middle of a trilogy book. There's plenty of things happening, but not much that reaches a climax. The sub-plot involving the two female novices mentioned in the blurb anchors the Kyrallain part of the tale, with the larger aspects of the story orbiting around it. The novices are new characters, and interestingly done each showing a different side of the decision to mix the social classes in The Guild, making it clear that the opportunities this presents aren't wit ...more
Sofia
¡Me ha encantado! Mucho mejor que el primero, con algo más de ritmo y una trama que hace que te sea imposible parar de leer.
Por un lado me encanta en personaje de Lorkin, es insaciable para el conocimiento, siempre queriendo aprender más y más, hasta que claro, vaya si aprende. (view spoiler) también me ha gustado mucho (y ya veía vestigio
Catyj
Mar 09, 2014 Catyj rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I first started the Australian Women Writers challenge for 2014 I'd planned on reading ten different authors but after stumbling across The Rogue by Trudi Canavan and having enjoyed the first book in this series so much I simply threw that idea out the window.

The Rogue is book 2 of Trudi Canavan's Traitor Spy trilogy and follows on from the events of The Ambassador's Mission. The story will conclude in book 3: The Traitor Queen.

It's interesting the approach you take to reading a book which
Susan
Dec 30, 2015 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't know. This book is either a weak 4 or strong 3 stars. I'm giving it the same rating as the previous one, but I'd just want to underline that I enjoyed this one much more than The Ambassador's Mission.
Richard
Sep 10, 2015 Richard rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the first trilogy, and had some expectations for the second trilogy (since the story is about 20 years in the future). The first book was OK, but I thought the whole 'gay' perspective was getting a little too much attention. This book has taken it to another level. It now comes across that the vast majority of the population seems to be gay. The first trilogy treated this subject well - it was there and could cause some issues - but it was not thrown in our face every chapter.
This tril
Saoirse Sterling
I bought this book on my kindle a few days ago, not realising I had already read it. I think this pretty much sums up how much I enjoyed it; didn't even remember reading it. On a second-flick through, I vaguely recalled a few parts.
Claire
Aug 21, 2011 Claire rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Much better than the first book. I had to stop myself doing a little happy dance in the library when it showed up :P Still not as good as the first trilogy though, it has a lot to live up to and for me it doesnt. Still worth a read.
Mark Webb
May 11, 2014 Mark Webb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: aww2014
This review forms part of my contribution to theAustralian Women Writers 2014 Reading Challenge. All my 2014 AWWC reviews can be foundhere.

The Rogueis the second book in the Traitor Spy trilogy. I reviewed the first book,The Ambassador's Mission, here.

The storyfollows straight on from The Ambassador's Mission. I found myself gravitating towards the "home" plot, involving Cery the thief, Sonea the Black Magicianand some internal shenanigans in the Guild, rather than the one thatfollowed a trail o
Ricoque
Apr 18, 2016 Ricoque rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
NocturnalBlaze
Sep 06, 2015 NocturnalBlaze rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un buonissimo secondo capitolo per una serie che mantiene le sue promesse, proseguendo in maniera coerente e mantenendo un alto livello narrativo, stilistico e con risvolti di trama che soddisfano, che danno una ulteriore spinta e desiderio di sapere come si conclude la storia.
Come ogni capitolo mediano, ovviamente non presenta grandi nodi che si sciolgono, ma la vicenda si infittisce e vengono rivelati, con precisione nel ritmo e con grande attenzione, diversi elementi nuovi, che riescono ad in
  • The Reluctant Mage (Fisherman's Children, #2)
  • King's Wrath (Valisar, #3)
  • Stormlord's Exile (Watergivers #3)
  • Wizard Squared (Rogue Agent, #3)
  • Warlord (Hythrun Chronicles: Wolfblade, #3)
  • Zawód: Wiedźma, Część 1 (Wolha Redna, #1)
  • The Universe Parallel (Triad Of Being, #2)
  • Weatherwitch (The Crowthistle Chronicles, #3)
  • O Medo do Homem Sábio - Parte 2 (A Crónica do Regicida, Livro 2 - Parte 2)
Trudi Canavan was born in Kew, Melbourne and grew up in Ferntree Gully, a suburb at the foothills of the Dandenongs.

In 1999 she won the Aurealis Award for Best Fantasy Short Story with “Whispers of the Mist Children”. In the same year she was granted a writers residency at Varuna Writers’ Centre in Katoomba, New South Wales.

In November 2001, The Magicians’ Guild was first published in Australia. T
More about Trudi Canavan...

The Traitor Spy Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Ambassador's Mission (Traitor Spy Trilogy, #1)
  • The Traitor Queen (Traitor Spy Trilogy, #3)