Start by marking “Not My Wolf (Fenrir Wolves, #1)” as Want to Read:
Not My Wolf (Fenrir Wolves, #1)

Not My Wolf (Fenrir Wolves #1)

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  1,970 ratings  ·  188 reviews
As Alpha of his Rocky Mountains fenrir wolf pack, Corey has a lot on his plate. He thinks things are only getting better when his erotic dreams indicate he’s about to meet his mate. His Beta and best friend invites him on a double date, and Corey agrees, hoping this woman will be his one. To his shock and disbelief, he’s attracted to her brother instead—the big, muscular, ...more
Published February 2011 by Amira Press

To ask other readers questions about Not My Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not My Wolf

Change of Heart by Mary CalmesWith Caution by J.L. LangleyWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyDuck! by Kim DareTrusted Bond by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Shifters
96th out of 739 books — 1,073 voters
Change of Heart by Mary CalmesCut & Run by Abigail RouxWith Caution by J.L. LangleySticks & Stones by Abigail RouxForce of Law by Jez Morrow
Best Gay Alpha Males
120th out of 541 books — 718 voters

More lists with this book...

Heller
2.5

My instalove/UR my mate 4 life nemesis rears its ugly head. I love that this was a free read but I didn't like the set up enough that I would go for the others in the series. While the chemistry was hot and the sex scenes were as well there was one thing I was curious about...

(view spoiler)
Riley Aeryn
On my kindle, this book was 81 pages, with the cover and pages where they're 75% blank at the end of chapters. If I had bought this book, I would have been seriously pissed off about that. As it is, it's a short story about a not gay male werewolf whose werewolf hormones force him to be gay, and like it, and he struggles against it for about three days, then realizes he's 'in love' with his mate.

I have a problem with the werewolf plot contrivance of, 'I wasn't gay until my mating instincts took
Shelley
2.5 - 3 stars!

Likable enough, nothing offensive here in terms of plot, characterisation and writing; and nothing here to get me excited either.

Fine for some quick reading, probably one of the better free reads out there.
Lexi Ander
Tully  Vincent
I hadn’t read a story with wolf shifters for a long time, and the lovely cover of this free novella intrigued me.

Two alpha wolves, one who hadn't previously felt any attraction to other males, discover they are mates. Not an original concept but fun. An intriguing element involved one of the MC being a different type of wolf: fenrir. Unfortunately, what it meant to be fenrir wasn't explored much in this first of a series. Even though fenrir are described as bigger and stronger than regular wolv
Charly
There are better wolf stories out there

Warning: This review might contain what some people consider SPOILERS.

Rating: 4/10

PROS:
- Devin’s protectiveness toward his sister is sweet. There’s one point when he makes a comment about sizing up a potential mate for her that I thought was quite touching.
- There’s a decent amount of sex that’s decently hot.
- I liked the little farming community of wolves in which the men live.

CONS:
- There’s a pretty healthy dose of melodrama in the story. I’m a big fan
Furio
This book (like others by this author) has received mixed reviews (let us leave the clearly fake ones aside) therefore I waited until I could get it as a freebie on Am.

Ms Cole can write. There are some grammar mistakes but her writing is fluid and well paced.

Unfortunately all of her contents are simplistic to say the least.
"You're their Alpha," ... "But we both know who's the lead in this relationship." - These nice words are uttered in earnest by one of the leads to the other. I may be Italian
amomentsilence
Actually the dumbest thing I have read in forever. I just have no words.

...this is a terrible book. Someone did NOT think things through before writing this. It has no story, it's just kinky semi non-con sex, idiotic insta-love, creepy rapist-stalker-"gonna watch and assault you while you sleep because you're mine even if you resist and fight me and tell me NO," senseless writing that pisses me off like you can't even imagine. Seriously. What the hell even, man? What. the actual. hell.

**note to
Mandy*reads obsessively*
2.5*
It was free, so I'm rounding up.
There was just too much melodrama, MC running hot and cold and doing a 180 for me in this story.
I don't mind the insta lust so much, they are shifters with fated mates..I get it, but for an alpha, Corey was whiney and I really didn't like Devlin, threatening to rape his mate, because it's a 'right' and he was so overbearing and rude to his sister...
Oh well, it wasn't horrible, I just didn't really like anyone in this story and the plot was weak IMO.
Marina
Jess
I was going to give it 3 stars but I decided to give it 1 extra because this author did something different.

I cannot believe how many m/m shifter books I have read that all have a similar cliche. Normally the alpha is straight, then finds out his mate is a man. He says some really mean and nasty stuff and totally denies the connection by stating firmly IM STRAIGHT dammit. Then he instantly regrets his nasty words and goes begging to his mate to forgive him. The book goes from fight to fuck in 2
Jesse
Wow, so this is the story of a straight man who has a magical connection to a gay man, and so the gay man decides to harass, stalk, break into the house of, and then rape the straight man despite his saying over, and over, and over again, that he doesn't want anything sexual between them at all.

I mean, there's this... actual LOVELY quotes from this book:

“What if I just raped you right now?” he suggested. Corey swore. “Impossible!” Devin leaned down and kissed Corey’s neck. The other man shivered
Gigi
Read this one many months ago. Remember enjoying it, two alphas destined as mates with one alpha desperate to deny it, but then getting all weirded out when (view spoiler) *shrugs*
Sandra
This is silly in parts, and both guys are assholes a lot of the time (Corey was downright mean and Devin got a bit rapey). But I love me a quick, sexy, shifter story, So this did the trick. And it was FREE on Amazon!
Debra Strattford
God! Two alpha males...give me a break, I need to breath....ok! They are so hot as hell :)
Trix
Normally, I would have given this 2 stars because it wasn't all that bad. I don't hate it or anything. However, I don't have the patience for it, so it goes in the rubbish pile.

50 pages of complete nonsense. We have the big Alpha male, Corey who is looking for his mate and discovers his soul mate is a male, not female. (view spoiler)
AղցҽӀɑ W.
This was a great quick read Corey didn't see Devin coming. Corey who is alpha of his Rocky Mountains fenrir wolf pack has been having dream of meeting his mate, but he can't see her face. His best friend and Beta Blaine who is gay invites him on a double date, and Corey agrees, hoping this woman will be his one. To his shock and disbelief, he’s attracted to her brother instead and he tries to deny that Devin is his mate. Devin and his twin sister Corrin left their pack in Texas when he began hav ...more
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
I thought this was a good start to the series. It's a quick read, though, and doesn't really get into things but I rather enjoyed it for the simplisticness (is that even a word?) of it and the hardship Corey put himself through all because he had a male mate instead of a female one.

Corey may seem like an asshole but he really wasn't. He was just under so much stress from his pack demanding retribution on a rivaling pack and then finding out his mate is a male made him harsher then he really is.
Tam
This story covers a lot of tropes. We have werewolves, we have mates, we have gay-for-you, we have a growly alpha male. It’s got it all. I’ll admit that lately I’ve been on a bit of a shifter kick, so I may be more forgiving of certain aspects of a shifter story than those who find them a bit tedius. Just a warning. :-)

Corey is an excellent alpha but has been eagerly looking for his mate. He is also a special kind of werewolf called a Fenrir, which is based on Norse mythology. (For those wonderi
Ryoma Gartre
2.5 Stars.

I finished the book, Ok, time for a review:

This book had a promise, i really was excited when I began reading it, Two very alpha males one of them straight who suddenly discover they are mates, the battle of wills for dominance seemed deliciously appealing, sadly the execution didn't live to my expectations.

Corey & Devin start amazingly good, but soon Corey turns into a Harlequin Gal, until Devin robs him of his virtue, and Coryn turns into a b*tch in heat begging for more, i was l
Rhianna
2.5 but I'm rounding down. Although it's a free book I want to judge the book for itself not based on money spent. I liked Devin the most as a character but felt the aggressiveness to his sister seemed slightly out of character for him. Corey seemed too whiny as an Alpha. The plot was decent and although the book was short it was pretty good. My main complaint revolves around Corey but it's a spoiler so...read the book. It's free and decent.

Spoiler alert****
Biggest hate of all time for this book
Shirley
Still not sure about this one. I did like the premise and the characters were ok, I just didn't get attached to them, at least not as much as I usually do or as much as I wanted. I think the problem was that it was too short for what it was trying to accomplish. Since one of the characters in the M/M romance had no clue that he was gay until he found out who his true mate was, it would have been nice to have a little bit more story to go with the denial and ultimate conclusion. I love novellas a ...more
Valerie
Well .. was a bit shocked.. lol I love paranormal .. especially wolf reads so ofcourse didn't even read the intro's before getting the book .. went by title. and cover. So this story is about a pack.. lead by a Fenrir Shifter named Corey. He's in search of his mate.. and after many visions in his dreams he knows he is close in finding her. His Beta Blaine is a gay wolf and proud of it... he decides to help Corey and offer to take him on a double date. As the guy he's interested in has a sister w ...more
Carli
The author has potential. The writing wasn't bad, but I think everything about it was poorly executed. I probably wouldn't have read it had it actually cost money. The entire book just felt rushed. I wish she took more time for development.
I know it's human to be indecisive, but I feel like Corey just changed his mind too fast. Then there was the fact that Devin just gave me the creeps. I know it's a common trope in romance novels for the man to be persistent, but... (view spoiler)
Jimmy Hanson
Basic and pretty much harsh, in a bare-bones kind of way. Although Eden Cole tried to build three-dimensional characters, I felt it just didn't quite make it there. I liked the idea of the Fenrir wolves, but Devin's concerns about his mixed-heritage didn't have any proof to back it up; they seemed baseless. To be petty, the names got on my nerves [not sure why], but on the more serious side, Cory's way of treating Devin just kind of pissed me off. He was so mean the whole time and then suddenly ...more
Sophia
This was an enjoyable novella featuring wolf shifters with the premise of the fated mate bond.

The twist in this story is that Corey, the alpha of a Fenrir (upper tier level of wolves), is straight and his mate a rogue wolf, Devin is gay. They dream of each other, but Devin actually sees his mate where Corey's dreams are more vague.

Devin along with his sister finds Corey only to be rejected. He doesn't give up and the sparks and fur flies. Corey has to acknowledge his feelings when Devin is take
Marissa
3.0-3.5 stars
A bit more realistic than some other books I've read, with the actions of the non gay character needing to come to terms with the fact that his mate is a gay man, and never being interested men himself, how he comes to deal with, and accept that.
I think there was a lot of potential for a bit longer, and more fleshed out story, here, but overall it wasn't too bad. I even saw a lot of side stories in some of the other characters that I found myself wondering about. But, hey, free sto
Mean Jane
Simplistic with 1 dimensional world building. (Fenrir wolves are like other wolves except they're electric blue. What.) One of the characters claims to be straight, and claims to be a leader, but I see no evidence of either. Stopped reading when one of the characters outright said it was within his right to rape the other. Oh yes, because that's the way to start a healthy life-long relationship.
Candice
Read on 10-12-13

In one word. NO!

In more than one word: threatening rape? NO! not stopping when he asked you to? NO! Corey? NO!

That's all. I finished it, because it was only 50 pages, but I won't read the others in this series. I read reviews and apparently there's cheating, so, that just solidified my decision on not to continue on.
Deviates too much from wolf behavior 1 24 Dec 29, 2012 01:51AM
  • Luke's Surprise (Shifters' Haven, #1)
  • Forever Broken
  • Wrong Turn (The Shenandoah Pack, #1)
  • Unexpected Mate (Holland Brothers, #1)
  • From Pack to Pride (Supernatural Mates #1)
  • A Shifter Christmas (Lost Shifters, #8)
  • Bloodlines (KinKaid Wolf Pack, #1)
  • Body Magic (Triad, #2)
  • Sebastian's Wolves (Among Wolves #1)
  • Saving Ciaran (Outcasts, #1)
  • Revelations (Wolfman, #2)
  • Shattered Secrets (In the Shadow of the Wolf #1)
  • Moonlight (Pact Arcanum, #3)
  • A Broken Light (Beyond the Night, #1)
  • Reclamation (Dominion, #2)
  • Just A Taste Of Me (Wolf Creek Pack, #2)
Eden Cole has been creating stories in her head since she was a small child. Love and romance, sensual pleasures find their voice in her erotic stories of romance. Fantasy, paranormal and science fiction are her favorite genres to write in.
More about Eden Cole...

Fenrir Wolves (3 books)
  • Touch My Wolf (Fenrir Wolves, #2)
  • Heal My Wolf (Fenrir Wolves, #3)
What He Wants Touch My Wolf (Fenrir Wolves, #2) Reluctant Mate (Reluctant Mate #1) Heal My Wolf (Fenrir Wolves, #3) Welcome Home, Cowboy

“Our ancestors believed that they were not born complete. There was someone out there with a part of their heart and soul. When they found that person, then they were one. Having offspring was a gift that came from that union, but it wasn't the focus.” 4 likes