Start by marking “Cook County: Second Chance Cowboy” as Want to Read:
Cook County: Second Chance Cowboy

Cook County: Second Chance Cowboy

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Chance Masters was her hero…
He held her the night her mother died, taught her how to defend herself, and saved her from a raging bull. But when Kenzie Calhoun confessed her love for Chance just after her eighteenth birthday, he broke her heart and fled.

Now ten years later Chance is back… He ran away to spare Kenzie a mistake she would always regret, but he never forgot t
108 pages
Published February 16th 2011 by Wild Rose Press (first published February 11th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Cook County, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cook County

Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Good things come to those who wait and this story proves it with an emotional punch that made me melt from sheer joy.

First I got to meet Kenzie, the heroine, right when she’s planning the big seduction. She had it all figured out except for the fact that life hadn’t taught her a few lessons yet but one man was going to. It really was a powerful scene because the author used her words well. I felt the sadness, confusion and mortification that Kenzie did.

Fast forward to when a now older heroine
If you don't have enough time I suggest you read this book. It's relatively short and it's just great. Not a single word or page was wasted. Crystal-Rain Love has this talent for creating such vivid characters; they practically jump out at you. I swear I forget I'm reading most of the time. She is just incredible. She makes me cry every time and this time was no exception. Rain knows how to write pain, she knows how to take hold of your heart and squeeze until there's nothing left to squeeze out ...more
Tina "coffee and books"
This was a nice quick read.

The good
The characters were very sweet and likeable. Chance was everything a cowboy should be. Kenzie was tough and did what she could with a bad situation.

The bad
It wasn't my favorite book being that it wraps up so quick. That seems to be a pet peave of mine. I just think if she would've devoted another few chapters to the obvious outcome it would be better. One page he is telling her "there is no way we can do it" and then literally the next page he says "I will b
ൠSinful
This was the 28 year old man was attracted to the 18 year old girl and fled--- Ten years later he returns. Now 10 years doesn't seem like such a big span in age. "But I'm still white trash and she owns the ranch..."

Good characters. Beautiful story.

One sex scene.At the end. She was still a virgin... as well as it was written that little detail is gnawing at me. If I didn't have friends who made it to 28 still chaste, I'd say it was unrealistic. Maybe I am just jaded right now...

Deanna
I read this because I was interested in publishing with wildrose press.
With it mearly being research I was a little worried about how cheesy and over done it would be, but was very surprised to find a couple pages in to it I didn't want to put it down.
Its a great page turner, its sweet and steamy at the same time and you really feel for the characters.

I enjoyed it alot.
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Nicole
Nicole added it
Nov 06, 2014
Bennett Francis
Bennett Francis marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Red
Red marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Sarah Murphy
Sarah Murphy marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Earicka
Earicka marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2013
Sharon Simpson
Sharon Simpson marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2013
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2013
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2013
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2013
✿kawehi.reviews
✿kawehi.reviews marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2013
JL
JL marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2013
Liberty Ann Ireland
Liberty Ann Ireland marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2013
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
May 29, 2013
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2012
Aubrey Scott
Aubrey Scott marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2012
2079860
Crystal-Rain Love is a multi-published author of romantic suspense, paranormal, and contemporary romance. Her books are available in print and electronic formats. When not writing or spending time with her family and variety of pets, she can be found reading, playing Facebook games, or rocking out to David Cook.
She also writes horror/thriller novels under the name, Raymond Lee.
More about Crystal-Rain Love...
The Fire Still Burns Moonlit Protector (Moonlit Novella #3) Moonlit Watcher (Moonlit Novella #2) Moonlit Dream (Moonlit Novella #1) Blood Curse (Blood Revelation, #1)