Start by marking “Preparations” as Want to Read:

Ronald T. Turner is prepared for anything--and the zombies are prepared for him.
Published February 1st 2011 by Tor Books

To ask other readers questions about Preparations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Preparations

May 17, 2015 TL rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

A sometimes amusing Zombie story. At a couple points it felt rushed and there were a couple things I wish were expanded upon but overall it kept my interest and left me wishing it had been longer.

I'd count that for a few points :).
The ending had me shaking my head in a "I wouldn't have thought of that" kind of way. Made me want to give him a high five.

Worth a read, it's shorter than what the goodreads info says though (just to give ya a heads up).
Not long before that, Ronald had b
Jun 08, 2016 Badseedgirl rated it really liked it
This is a very short short story and appears to be a bit on the comedic side right up until the last paragraph when it takes a rather dark and, if you think about it, sort of a tragic turn of events.
Jeremy Cox
Oct 15, 2016 Jeremy Cox rated it liked it
I don't love zombie stories, but this one was fairly amusing. You can't be prepared for the zombie apocalypse if you aren't always prepared.
Maggie Gordon
Jun 02, 2016 Maggie Gordon rated it liked it
Ha! Our main character is a man who has spent his life preparing against zombies, but the apocalypse happens while he's standing in the DMV and unprotected. How inconvenient and annoying! All his plans fail him, and he's left trying to figure out how to prove to the world that he really was thinking ahead... It's nice to see some humour in the zombie genre! Black comedy, but very laughter worthy nevertheless.
Vamps R Us
Feb 23, 2011 Vamps R Us rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This short story is amusing. I don't know that it's worth the $.99 price tag attached to it at Barnes and Noble (it's only 9 pages, not all of those are text, and not a whole lot is accomplished save the punch line), having already bought it I'm not sorry I read it.

Read rest of review here:
Feb 14, 2015 Kimikimi rated it really liked it
Shelves: tor-com
Another short story

And I mean short! I'd love to get my brother reading this zombie story.
Bec rated it liked it
Jun 24, 2016
Cherish Riley
Cherish Riley rated it really liked it
Mar 24, 2014
Nishita Desai
Nishita Desai rated it it was ok
Feb 25, 2014
a.j. rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2016
Charis rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2013
Gretchen rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2011
Steve rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2015
Gary rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2012
Kolie Heyer
Kolie Heyer rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2012
Crumbles rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2014
Chris Hyde
Chris Hyde rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2011
Grzegorz rated it it was ok
Nov 04, 2013
May 20, 2015 Dustin marked it as to-read
Recommended to Dustin by: TL
Shelves: zombie-lit
Mark Mills is a British writer of screenplays and novels. His first screenplay was BAFTA-nominated short film One Night Stand starring Jemma Redgrave and James Purefoy in 1993; this won Mills a 'Best Screenplay' award at the Angers European First Film Festival in 1995.
Mills's first novel was Amagansett, later reissued under the title The Whaleboat House published in 2004; this won him the 'Best Cr
More about Mark Mills...