Dead Men Don't Wash

Dead Men Don't Wash (Choose Your Own M/M Story)

3.31 of 5 stars 3.31  ·  rating details  ·  65 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Written as part of Kris 'n' Good Books' 'choose your own m/m story' challenge. This is now hosted by Goodreads' M/M Romance Group.

The story prompts for the author were:
1. part of the setting ~ a public swimming pool in a small country town
2. some background to one of the main protags ~ one of them is a wereoctopus
3. another character/s ~ an amateur private detective who...more
Published February 2011

Mandy*reads obsessively*
Crazy, imaginative, free !
A were-octopus having sort of shifter sex, Sherlock Holmes, dead men soap, karaoke, and a ménage, all in one story!
Oh, and I forgot the vampire ! LOL
Kade Boehme
I had to! I couldnt resist. And I laughed through every minute. It was definitely fun... and I refuse to say anything else about it. Let's not act like this was meant to be a serious read. It was a dare and bravo Ally Blue! BAHAHA! Yeah... I needed a little octopus tentacle double penetration in my life. I refuse to rate this story... but I stand by that 20 minutes of laughing out loud that's getting me quite a few stares.
Kelly  Maybedog
I liked the idea of this but I felt the story couldn't decide whether to lampoon shape-shifting and M/M erotica or take itself seriously. Some of the dialog and events were just ridiculously silly. The sex was okay but I had a hard time picturing it and frankly, something going in the urethra doesn't sound erotic, it sounds painful.

But I have to say, having read a book with octopus sex actually came in handy on Christmas. We were playing a silly, raunchy, adult game and somehow marine animal sex...more
Fangtasia
Sheer craziness! Only a talent like Ms. Blue's could come up with a story that made even kind of sense with those story prompts.
Ayanna
A fun, rather inane little read. I didn't like the vagueness in some of the parts, but other than that, it was enjoyable.
Chris
Completely insane (and fun!) short paranormal m/m romance about an octopus shifter and his soap thief lover.
Laura Hoyos
Mar 09, 2014 Laura Hoyos rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Amantes de lo bizarro
Shelves: sobrenatural, m-m
Recomendada por Goodreads, esta es una buena historia corta, bizarramente divertida e interesante; con personajes que se salen de su esquema - un cambiaformas, un ladrón-compulsivo-de-jabón y un detective que dice ser Sherlock Holmes. - Es una lectura rápida y un escape de otras más intensas.

Ally Blue es una escritora del género homosexual que yo no conocía - conozco muy pocas, lo admito. - Que me haya saltado en las recomendaciones de Goodreads fue una deliciosa sorpresa porque tiene una intere...more
Kristan
Probably the strangest thing I'll have ever read. O.o
Kendra
OK. This wasn't my cup of tea but I do have to say that it was well written and definitely met the prompts given. The wereoctopus sex was very odd-couldn't get into that. The soap thief story line was funny but odd. And I could have lived without a threesome as it seemed out of place.
 Sara
Oh, my god, it was so bad it was good. I can't believe I spnet the, what, 20 minutes? it took to read this. Octopus shifters, tentacle sex, sounding, menage, Sherlock Holmes, a vampire, a dead husband turned into soap, karaoke, it was astounding.
Beth
Um...I liked it. Laughed, did a double-take a couple times early on. Really wish there had been an epilogue with the sex that they were on their way home to have at the end of the story. :)
Lucy
It was so odd at parts it made me cringe or laugh out loud, but interesting. Could have done without Sherlock Holmes in a threesome with Luc and Kermit, but....
Jessica  `~Blahyze~`
It's nice to read something that has a rather original storyline. A thief who is obsessed with collecting soap! That was hilarious. A great little short read.
Monika
This was the strangest, craziest and most bizarre short, it had me laughing at the silliness of it all.
Staceyr
Well that was...bizarrely interesting. LOL
Syfy
... can't catch my breath, still giggling....
Sadonna
Apr 10, 2011 Sadonna rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: free, mm
Funny little free Valentine's freebie.
Ashley
Fun sweet and wiggly ^_^
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
L12
L12 marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Lemmy
Lemmy marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Innocence to the Max (Don't Read in the Closet)
  • All Wrapped Up
  • Caged
  • Chains
  • Sorcerer's Knot
  • Cloudy, with a Chance of Romance (Like a Sparrow, #0.5)
  • No Boundaries
  • Bump in the Night
  • Ermine & Bougainvillea
  • Healing in His Wings (Healing #1)
  • Kraken
  • First Watch
  • Tomfoolery
  • Midnight
  • Something About Harry (Healing #3)
  • Pyrogasm
  • Beneath Your Wings
  • Collateral
Ally Blue is acknowledged by the world at large (or at least by her heroes, who tend to suffer a lot) as the Popess of Gay Angst. She has a great big suggestively-shaped hat and rides in a bullet-proof Plexiglas bubble in Christmas parades. Her harem of manwhores does double duty as bodyguards and inspirational entertainment. Her favorite band is Radiohead, her favorite color is lime green and her...more
More about Ally Blue...
Oleander House (Bay City Paranormal Investigations, #1) The Happy Onion Adder Untamed Heart Easy