Start by marking “Playing with Fire (The Secret Life of Samantha McGregor, #3)” as Want to Read:
Playing with Fire (The Secret Life of Samantha McGregor, #3)

Playing with Fire (The Secret Life of Samantha McGregor #3)

If your vision led you straight into the fire,
would you follow it anyway?

Published August 21st 2007 by Multnomah

To ask other readers questions about Playing with Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Playing with Fire

Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“If your vision led you straight into the fire, would you follow it anyway?
Samantha’s brother, Zach, is finally home after a ninety-day rehab for his meth addiction, and life seems to be getting back to normal. That is, until Sam starts having dreams about dangerous situations involving drugs. But her visions are so vague that she doesn’t know who needs help. Of course she’s worried about Zach staying clean, especially since he’s hanging with the wrong crowd. But the whole schoo
Jerry
May 05, 2013 Jerry rated it it was amazing
As promised, here is a review of the entire series:

Ronalyn
Sep 14, 2015 Ronalyn rated it really liked it
Such a great book.I was really touched with samantha's kind of amazing faith in god.This book is worth reading ;) Hope to have a series of all books of Carlson=D
Jessie Weaver
Mar 17, 2014 Jessie Weaver rated it really liked it
Melody Carlson touches on topics relevant to teens easily: her popular Diary of a Teenage Girl series is known for not backing down from tough topics. This author of more than ninety books continues to face difficult issues in the Secret Life of Samantha McGregor.

The third installment, Playing with Fire, begins with Sam arranging a coming-home-from-rehab party for her older brother Zach. When she invites Zach's old friend Tate, he seems like a clean-cut addition to Zach's new, recovered life. Za
Jill Williamson
Review by Gigi Hoffman

In Playing with Fire by Melody Carlson, Samantha McGregor, the girl with the spiritual gift of prophecy, has a vision that hits close to home. Her brother, Zach, was into drugs but is home after being in rehab for three months, and everything seems to be going okay. However, Sam starts having dreams and visions about dangerous situations and drugs.

It seems like tons of kids at her school are using drugs, and Samantha has some frightening visions about someone she knows. If
Stacy
I won this book at an online giveaway and was so glad to get it. I've enjoyed all of the Melody Carlson books I've read - really good, heartfelt Christian fiction. This was no different.

Although this was in the middle of the series, I had no trouble in catching up with the characters. The main character, Samantha, is a high school student who sometimes receives visions from God. She tries to help others, but often gets mocked for her gift. Her older brother Zack is home from a rehab stint for h
Alex
Apr 24, 2009 Alex rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian-books
These books might be aimed for teens, but that didn't even matter when I was reading them. Melody Carlson has to be one of my favorite authors at the moment. She is a Christian author and all of her books have that theme. Either the main character already has a relationship with God and she uses it in her life, or the main character has yet to find God, and realizes by the end how much she needs Him in her life.

In this particular series, Samantha already has a relationship with God, and a gift
Sep 13, 2009 Laura rated it liked it
This was another just okay book, same as the others. The drug stuff kind of bogged me down and seemed to be over exaggerated, but then again, I'm not too familiar with meth. It's probably true. Glad I didn't know so much about my high school's drug problem.
Perky Texan
May 02, 2014 Perky Texan rated it really liked it
Loved that it tackles tough issues that face teens regardless of their faith. Liked the story arc. I felt like sometimes it got a little preachy but not too bad. I'm going to have my 14 yr old daughter read it and see what she thinks. Overall, I would definitely recommend it.
Margaret
Nov 20, 2015 Margaret added it
Shelves: 2015
This book (and genre - Christian fiction YA) was not my cup of tea. I just felt like the plot was unfocused and the main character's life was unrealistic (when did she ever do any homework?). I almost stopped around pg 64 but decided to give it a chance - it just didn't deliver, for me. Meh.
Melissa
Mar 26, 2008 Melissa rated it really liked it
Third in series, Very good use of first person in a young adult novel.
Lola
Sep 19, 2013 Lola rated it really liked it
love this series.
Kristen
Oct 05, 2008 Kristen rated it really liked it
Umm it was pretty good I think. I actually can't really remember how much I enjoyed it so I'm not entirely sure. Had some adequate suspense, pretty good.
Ivy
Jan 30, 2014 Ivy rated it it was amazing
LOVE LOVE LOVE this book series!!
Beka P
Feb 10, 2009 Beka P rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Good book
Apoorva
May 05, 2009 Apoorva rated it really liked it
This was as good as the other two books in the series so far loving the series!!!!
Talia Castro
Feb 05, 2013 Talia Castro rated it liked it
WELL THIS BOOK WAS INTERESTING! IT ALL GOT FOCUSED MORE IN Samantha's brother drug life and her school's issues.
good book after all.
Cookielover
Why are the covers better than the book? Why does Melody write some good books and some really bad ones?
Danielle
Danielle rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2012
Ann
Ann rated it did not like it
May 07, 2014
Cassie
Cassie rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2012
Megan Muller
Megan Muller rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2014
Aly
Aly rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2014
Ashli
Ashli rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2012
Abigail
Abigail rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2013
Morgan Johnson
Morgan Johnson rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2011
Ellie
Ellie rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2010
Kaitlin
Kaitlin rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2012
Christine
Christine rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2016
  • Kyra's Story (Degrees of Guilt #1)
  • Final Touch (The Rayne Tour, #3)
  • Purity Reigns (Laurel Shadrach, #1)
  • Hold on Tight (Sierra Jensen, #10)
  • Secret Summer Dreams (Holly's Heart, #2)
  • The Winter of Candy Canes (Sweet Seasons, #3)
Melody Carlson is the award-winning author of over two hundred books, several of them Christmas novellas from Revell, including her much-loved and bestselling book, The Christmas Bus.

She also writes many teen books, including the Diary of a Teenage Girl series, the TrueColors series, and the Carter House Girls series.

Melody was nominated for a Romantic Times Career Achievement Award in the inspi
More about Melody Carlson...

The Secret Life of Samantha McGregor (4 books)
  • Bad Connection (The Secret Life of Samantha McGregor, #1)
  • Beyond Reach (The Secret Life of Samantha McGregor, #2)
  • Payback (The Secret Life of Samantha McGregor, #4)