Start by marking “Friends of God” as Want to Read:
Friends of God

Friends of God

4.7 of 5 stars 4.70  ·  rating details  ·  110 ratings  ·  7 reviews
This collection of homilies by St. Josemaria Escriva helps you develop a strong, lasting friendship with the God who is close to us. St. Josemaria gives you a broad picture of the basic human and Christian virtues, so that you can not only follow closely in our Lord's footsteps, but establish and maintain a filial dialogue with God. Each of his homilies here are not only h ...more
Published November 12th 2010 by Scepter Publishers (first published January 1st 1982)

To ask other readers questions about Friends of God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Friends of God

Denise
Debo confesar que éste es un libro que se sale del contexto de lo que regularmente leo. Sin embargo me resultó agradable. Quizá porque en ningún momento sentí que Mons. Josemaría Escrivá, a través de sus homilías, tuviera una agenda personal de imponerle al lector algún aspecto particular de la religión católica. Se enfoca más en el aspecto espiritual de las personas, en su alma, y sobre todo en la fé. Es en algunos aspectos casi una guía para recibir a Dios y aprender a conectarse y conversar d ...more
Naza Madukwe
I love how simple and easy to connect to daily life it is.
Dave Woods
The most compelling book of homilies ever recorded. Speaks to the heart to all people in all states of life in all social economic backgrounds. Inspiring. Moving. Perfect.

This book of homilies gets the Golden burrito award.
Sskous
I spend long periods of time in Escriva's books. His way of constructing the essential connection between my daily life and the salvation of my soul both startles and settles me.
Phares Kariuki
Greatly advised my work ethic and faith choices. It's a good read for someone looking to get more meaning out of every day life.
Erik
Included in the "Spiritual Reading" section of Fr. John McCloskey's 100-book Catholic Lifetime Reading Plan.
Eric Nicolai
These homilies have truly perennial value
Jake Firestine
Jake Firestine marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
John Adams
John Adams is currently reading it
Feb 16, 2015
Iwik Pásková
Iwik Pásková marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
John Smith
John Smith marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Bella
Bella marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Kath Castellano
Kath Castellano marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Danny
Danny marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Ssentongo George
Ssentongo George marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Nicholas
Nicholas marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Grace
Grace marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Joy
Joy marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Steve Kime
Steve Kime is currently reading it
Sep 16, 2014
Hector Sanchez
Hector Sanchez marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Time for God: A Guide to Mental Prayer
  • Uniformity with God's Will
  • The Four Cardinal Virtues
  • Ordinary Work, Extraordinary Grace: My Spiritual Journey in Opus Dei
  • The Theology of the Body: Human Love in the Divine Plan (Parish Resources)
  • The Soul of The Apostolate
  • Saved in Hope: Spe Salvi
  • Abandonment to Divine Providence
  • Fire within: Teresa of Avila, John of the Cross and the Gospel - On Prayer
  • Transformation in Christ
  • The Dolorous Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ: From the Visions of Anne Catherine Emmerich

St. Josemaría Escrivá was born in Barbastro, Spain, on January 9, 1902. He had one older sister, Carmen (1899-1957); three younger sisters who died very young; and a younger brother, Santiago (1919-1994). His parents, José and Dolores, brought up their children with a devout Catholic faith.

Josemaría’s father’s textile business failed in 1915, so the family relocated to Logroño, where José found ot
More about Josemaría Escrivá...
The Way Furrow Christ Is Passing by The Forge The Way: Furrow; The Forge