Start by marking “Creating Comics from Start to Finish: Top Pros Reveal the Complete Creative Process” as Want to Read:

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Readers discover in detail how comic books are made as told by top professionals who offer real-world advice for breaking into and staying in the business. Readers will enjoy the in-depth interviews with respected industry insiders who've worked for such powerhouses as Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, and more.
Published March 20th 2011 by Impact (first published January 13th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Creating Comics from Start to Finish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Creating Comics from Start to Finish

Michael Scott
I've recently started reading about creative processes in different media, comics and graphic novels included. Among them, I bumped into Buddy Scalera's Creating Comics from Start to Finish Top Pros Reveal the Complete Creative Process rather by mistake. Buddy's is an accessible book about the comics industry in the US. Overall, an interesting and accessible read, with new information about the editor and editor-in-chief positions in the comics creation organigram.

The book is structured as a ser
Nicole
This book takes readers step by step through comic publishing. Not only that, but through professionals who reflect on their experiences in the field. Readers learn how those people became established and the history of the processes. Scalera also examines how those processes have changed because of technology. While Scalera does most of the talking, he has quite a lot of info that comes directly from the other pros in interviews. At the very end, he even covers some basic stuff like how to get ...more
john Fields
Not so good

I found this book to be long on theory and short on substance. Most of this information can be gleaned from the internet with little effort.
Amy Chang
Amy Chang marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Jonathan Mcguire
Jonathan Mcguire marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Darren Worrow
Darren Worrow marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Sean
Sean marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Steve Magay
Steve Magay marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Gary
Gary added it
May 17, 2014
Brenda
Brenda added it
May 13, 2014
Roger Mccoy
Roger Mccoy marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Angela
Angela is currently reading it
Feb 10, 2014
Nick
Nick marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
Arturo Kurohige
Arturo Kurohige marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Hey, it's me. I am a content strategist, online marketer, writer, and photographer.

I work at a really big marketing agency in New Jersey, overseeing interactive content for websites, mobile devices, and market research. I'm a total technology geek.

I've written everything from whitepapers to websites and everything in between.

I'm also the author of five or so books, mostly on the topic of comic boo
More about Buddy Scalera...
Comic Artist's Reference: People and Poses Comic & Fantasy Artist's Photo Reference: Colossal Collection of Action Poses Women And Girls (Comic Artist's Photo Reference) Comic Artist's Photo Reference Men and Boys Richie Rich Digest Volume 1