Start by marking “Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Lost Adventures” as Want to Read:
Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Lost Adventures

Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Lost Adventures (Avatar: The Last Airbender Books)

4.41  ·  Rating Details  ·  13,541 Ratings  ·  258 Reviews
Nickelodeon's hit series Avatar: The Last Airbender returns to comics with new adventures, new laughs, and answers to questions that have gnawed on Airbender fans like a hungry badger-mole!

Where did the last of the Airbenders hide?

When was Zuko and Mai's first kiss?

Who would win in an Earthbending showdown--Toph or King Bumi?

And why did the Earth King decide to travel the
Published June 15th 2011 by Dark Horse

To ask other readers questions about Avatar, please sign up.

Bee
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Rakibul Rabby most of them are short and fun stories that doesn't have anything to do with the main plot of the show, but there are a few stories which could have…moremost of them are short and fun stories that doesn't have anything to do with the main plot of the show, but there are a few stories which could have been in the show and we would have watched them without any complaints!(less)

Kwesi 章英狮
My siblings and I always watch Avatar: The Last Airbender every Saturday when I was in high school. I admit that I love Aang and the gang, and their reckless journey to study all four elements to defeat the Fire country. Because of some television issue at the present, I don't have the chance to watch Aang and the gang again. Sad to say, I miss most of their adventures already and I don't have any idea what I read inside of this book.

At last, this collection of out-of-print, fan favorite comics
Sesana
Oct 02, 2015 Sesana rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, comics
On average, actually pretty good. The best thing about all these stories, I think, is just how much they feel like they belong with the cartoon. The short stories could be scenes from a "real" episode, and the longer stories feel like they could be episodes themselves. There's a little variety in the art, but the quality is pretty consistent. And a few of the stories actually flesh out some aspects of the show. There's nothing really ground breaking, but I think most Avatar fans will be pleased.
Rose
Dec 25, 2011 Rose rated it really liked it
Recommended to Rose by: NetGalley
I don't mince words when I say that Avatar: The Last Airbender is one of my favorite animated shows in any consideration, and I know many people, younger and older than myself, who love the series as well.

"The Lost Adventures" compiles some of the original Nickelodeon comic shorts from their magazines, plus some rare miscellaneous stories and fan-related creations in the mix. A wide selection of artists and writers, some of whom worked on the original series, combined their efforts to form this
Lisa
Mar 24, 2016 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy

This was so much fun!
I would go as far as to say that Avatar was one of my (if not the) favourite tv show(s) growing up. I spend a lot of time pretending to waterbend and fighting the fire nation when I was in elementary school - huh, the good old times.

This comic was an amazing, fast read! I love Avatar's humour and especially - it's characters and the artwork.
This is a collection of many different short stories surrounding Aang and Co, written and animated by different artists. Alas, I liked
Kogiopsis
I... am not all that impressed. This collection of stories is definitely cute, don't get me wrong, but it adds very little. There were a couple stand-outs - 'Relics' and 'Combustion Man on a Train' (despite the latter's ridiculous title) added nicely to Aang's character in little ways. Mostly, though, these read like brief vignettes and don't contribute that much to the overall story of the show - which is good, I suppose, since it prevents the show from feeling like there were plot holes. A few ...more
Kathryn
This collection, subtitled The Lost Adventures, will be popular with hardcore fans, probably teenagers more than anyone else. I realize many adults, or at least adults who are young at heart, are fans of the series. I count myself among them but I am not as fond of this collection as I am of the animated series. Each of the stories take place in between the episodes, so there was a great deal of downtime and none of the youthful drama which is the main reason why I enjoyed the series so much. So ...more
Cass -  Words on Paper
Jun 24, 2011 Cass - Words on Paper rated it really liked it
A must have for fans of the much-loved animation series. As a huge fan myself, I simply adored every single page. The attention to detail, both visual and contextual, is just amazing.

The cover gives off an almost "fancomic" aura about it, so I was pleasantly surprised to see how "official" it all seemed, and that many of the comics were written by people who worked on the show.

This fun-packed volume really helps to fill the void of the end of the series, as well as the less than stellar Shyamal
Princolitas
Feb 08, 2016 Princolitas rated it it was amazing
Me encantó de principio a fin, los dibujos son increíbles, y las historias cortas que complementan la saga original me hicieron reír mucho, sentía en cada página el movimiento, la voz y las expresiones de los personajes justo como cuando veía la serie; simplemente mirando los dibujos. Súper recomendado si te gustó la serie Avatar, es importante recalcar que para poder leer este libro debiste haber visto primero la serie para poder comprenderlo :)
Kierra
LOVED IT!

After Korra's finale I just needed to read this to remember how awesome Aang's gang was. This book is a very good reminder of why I loved Avatar in the first place. It's funny and positive in every way. And as much as I love Korra's episodes (last two seasons to be honest), Team Avatar #1 is still the best way to put a smile on way face.

Excellent job, Mr. Konietzko! I'm gonna really miss this universe.
Rachel
Jun 20, 2012 Rachel rated it really liked it
Oh this is precious. Reading this was like blasting through a bunch of bonus episodes—the tone is spot on, and it felt like a bit like getting a great hug from a friend you haven't seen in a long time. Watching The Legend of Korra has made me nostalgic for the old Gaang, and this felt like a great visit.
Taha
Aug 22, 2015 Taha rated it it was amazing
Aang ve diğerlerinin kayıp maceralarını okumak harikaydı. Hikayelerin Sokka ağırlıklı olması çok eğlenceli olmuş. Çizimler mükemmeldi zaten:)
description
NOT: Bu çizgi romanın internetten Türkçe çevirisini bulup okumaya başladım önce; ama çeviri o kadar hatalı ve yetersizdi ki, tekrar İngilizce orijinal metininden okumak durumunda kaldım. Kitabı okumak için gerçekten ileri düzey bir ingilizceniz olmasına gerek yok, diyaloglar genel olarak oldukça basit. Ayrıca, ayrıntılara çok takılı kalmam diyorsanız, Türkç
Colin
Mar 06, 2015 Colin rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Tons of short stories about the GaAng, so many that it gets a bit old. In the end it's an enjoyable book though and if you liked the TV show then you'll like this. A lot of short stories actually add context to situations that were in the show which was cool. Just like it's television counterpart this what at times funny and at times emotional. Except for maybe for 3-5 out of the 20 or so stories in this book, this book was worth reading at least once. The stories are good enough for one read th ...more
Patricia
Apr 27, 2016 Patricia rated it it was amazing
This is a must read for everyone who loves the show just like I do.
The art is great just like the stories. I really enjoyed every page I read.
Cory
May 16, 2011 Cory rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Avatar
Shelves: netgalley
If you watched the show, you aren't missing anything. The art is good, but the stories aren't. I will review each individual story later.
Danielle
Sep 27, 2015 Danielle rated it it was amazing
Actual rating: 4.5/5

Arctialuna
Apr 15, 2016 Arctialuna rated it liked it

The main problem I had was that I was expecting a long story instead a bunch of short stories. Mind me, they were good: funny and adorable but due to its lenght, it is imposible to go deeper into any of the characters (though if you are reading this, it is probably because you miss Avatar: The Last Airbender series) but anyway it isn't what I was looking for.

To sum up: cute and funny short stories, but nothing that made me feel I needed to read.

I believe that the other comics are unique story, s
Splash Of Our Worlds *Yiota*
I've previously read another graphic novel from Avatar which was supposed to be the original story, but it was actually based on the movie which was not good at all. Plus, it had the characters appearance changed so when i got this one from NetGalley, i had my doubts of what i will see.

As it seems, this one is created of some of the original creators of the series and some others new ones. It has 4 parts (Book 1, Book 2, Book 3, Bonus Stories) with each one of them includes short stories of 5 (m
Sara Thompson
Sep 26, 2011 Sara Thompson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
I picked this selection because my son is huge Avatar fan. I've watched some of the cartoon episodes and the movie with him but I can't say I have followed it well. I can't think of anytime I have read an Avatar book either.
Knowing that, I thoroughly enjoyed this graphic novel. This is a collection of stories that have not been previously published. They touch on parts of the Avatar story but do not tell it.
I will say it helps to have some background knowledge of the characters and the world of
Hannah
Oct 24, 2011 Hannah rated it it was amazing
For anyone who doesn't know, Avatar: The Last Airbender was a show about a boy named Aang and his friends, Katara, Sokka, and Toph. They three nations (Air has been wiped out): Fire, Earth, and Water. The Fire Nation had taken over and was waging a war for domination over the other three nations. Aang is the avatar, the one who is meant to master all four elements and keep peace in the world.

In The Lost Adventures, we get quite a few fun tales about their adventures outside of what the show was
Andy Shuping
Aug 24, 2011 Andy Shuping rated it liked it
ARC provided by netGalley

Are you a fan of the animated "Avatar: the Last Airbender" (not the movie)? If you are then this book is for you. Aang and the gang return for a series of 26 short comics, some of which have never been published before. The book is dived into three sections to match the TV show--water, earth, and fire.

If you're looking for full length feature episodes in comic format then you'll be disappointed. If you're looking, however for stories that flesh out what went on in betwe
Chris Lemmerman
Feb 10, 2015 Chris Lemmerman rated it really liked it
Anthology collections and I are always a boring type of review, because invariably there are some good stories and some bad ones which even out to a pretty decent experience with some bad bits thrown in. This is probably the strongest anthology I've read so far, with all of these tales capturing both the hilarity and the serious edge that the world of Avatar built up over 3 seasons. Even the silliest little tale is a worthwhile investment and creates a new bond between our characters. Some of th ...more
Andres
Apr 12, 2015 Andres rated it liked it
So this year I haven't read everything I've wanted to due to health whatevers. I replaced the usual sustained reading with something I could actually do: binge watching! Still feeding the narrative hunger just in the form of entertaining television. "Avatar: The Last Airbender" (and the sequel series "Korra" which I'm currently watching) are filled with great characters and story and this particular book collects the odds and ends of smaller comic book stories that were printed during the show's ...more
Tung
Jul 21, 2014 Tung rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
I am a huge fan of this series that aired on Nickelodeon for three seasons. The series takes place in a universe inhabited by four primary cultures tied to the four basic elements (fire, water, air, and earth). In this universe, certain people are gifted with the ability to “bend” their culture’s element; that is, they can manipulate the element in order to attack, defend, move, heal, etc. (e.g. earthbending might be used to cause the dirt at your feet to form a giant shield in front of you). Ev ...more
Innastholiel
Jan 31, 2016 Innastholiel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves the show, which is probably everyone who’s seen it.
Recommended to Innastholiel by: It’s A:TLA. Come on.
I did rate the individual stories, but I didn’t calculate the average, because this is A:TLA we’re talking about, and that’s kind of an automatic five stars for me. If you’re looking for a sort of extension of the original TV show, then The Lost Adventures is definitely the way to go. It mostly focuses on the more care-free moments of the show, but there are a few serious ones in there, too.
Honestly, if all comic books/graphic novels/whatever were this enjoyable, I’d read them more often. The Lo
T
Dec 30, 2014 T rated it liked it
Shelves: series
This graphic novel is a nice treat for all of the Avatar fans who miss the original timeline of Team Avatar's adventures! While I did enjoy reading these extra stories, I have to admit that they were not as good as the original show (not that I necessarily expected them to be), but I was surprised by the lack of quality in comparison to the insanely creative TV show.

Some of the comic art is really badly done - the creators collaborated with a bunch of different artists and writers, but the stor
Nabila Tabassum Chowdhury
ফাইনাল পরীকষার আগে পরাপত কিছুদিন সময়ে নেশাগরসতের মত "অযাভাটার - দযা লাসট এয়ারবেনডার" নামক বাচচাদের জনয করা টিভি সিরিয়াল দেখেছি। তিনটা সিজনে টোটাল টা সিরিজ, পরতযেকটা - মিনিটের। এনড আই ডোনট রিগরেট দযাট টাইম। আমার রেটিং দশে দশ। সেই নেশা এখনো কাটে নাই। কমিক নামায়ে পড়া শুরু করছি, গিভেন দযাট আমার ফাইনাল পরীকষা চলছে।

এই বইয়ের টা গলপ হল সিরিজগুলোর মাঝে মাঝে মিসিং পারট। আই গেস, যারা সিরিজটা দেখে নাই, এটা তাদের উপর কাজ করবে না। এটা শুধুই তাদের জনযই যারা অযাভাটার শেষ হবার পরও সেই জগতটাতে কিছুটা সময় কাটাতে চ
Talbot Hook
Jun 29, 2016 Talbot Hook rated it liked it
It is rather hard to accurately rate this book, simply because it is comprised of many different stories from various writers, artists, and conceptualists. Some stories are quaint, bright, and fun, while others are detailed, moving, and serious; yet others are informative or, in truth, quite odd. Still, when looked at as a whole, the rating must be middle-of-the-road for me, as there were many stories on both ends of the quality spectrum. My favorite ones showed me some element missing from the ...more
Elevetha
This collection of extra short stories that take place throughout the original Avatar: The Last Airbender series is a bit lackluster. Most of the stories don't add much of anything, in my opinion. There were a few good ones that I really enjoyed reading but, for the most part, I wouldn't consider them worthy of a re-read.
Becca
My first ATLA graphic novel! Whoo! :D

This one was super good! I loved getting to see some of the stories that occurred before/during/after the tv show. I liked that so many different writers and artists collaborated on this as well. It was neat getting to see and read how each of the contributors interpreted the characters, in both art style and the way they were written. I did find some of the portrayals a little off though, and some of the stories were repetitive of both the original show's st
Kristine W
Mar 28, 2015 Kristine W rated it really liked it
RP group 1 7 Apr 07, 2014 12:20PM
Shut Up & Read: The Legend of Korra :The Last Air bender Series 30 90 Jul 28, 2012 07:37PM
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender (The Promise, #3)
  • Avatar Volume 1: The Last Airbender (Avatar #1)
  • The Last Airbender: Prequel - Zuko's Story
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Lost Scrolls Collection
  • The Lost Scrolls: Fire

Avatar: The Last Airbender Books (1 - 10 of 79 books)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Art of the Animated Series
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Poster Collection
  • The Last Airbender: Prequel - Zuko's Story
  • Avatar Volume 1: The Last Airbender (Avatar #1)
  • Avatar Volume 2: The Last Airbender (Avatar #2)
  • Avatar Volume 3: The Last Airbender (Avatar #3)
  • Avatar Volume 4: The Last Airbender (Avatar #4)
  • Avatar Volume 5: The Last Airbender (Avatar #5)
  • Avatar Volume 6: The Last Airbender (Avatar #6)
  • Avatar Volume 7: The Last Airbender (Avatar #7)