Start by marking “Girls Rule!” as Want to Read:
Girls Rule!

Girls Rule! (Boy/Girl Battle #10)

SUMMER IS AROUND the corner, and the rivalry between the Malloys and the Hatfords is heating up! The kids have two weeks to earn money for a fundraising contest sponsored by the local hospital. Those who collect $20 or more for the new children’s wing can choose to be in the annual Strawberry Festival Parade or get all the strawberry treats they can eat.

There’s only one pl
Published December 18th 2008 by Yearling (first published September 14th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Girls Rule!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Girls Rule!

Felicity The Magnificent
I liked this book because it was about girls and I am a girl. The three girls in this story were named Caroline, Beth, and Eddie. It was the last few weeks of school and everbody was excited. There was going to be a strawberry festival. Caroline got to be on the float with the Strawberry Queen. The Strawberry Queen fainted, and so Caroline got to be the Strawberry Queen. -by Felicity
Beth
Jun 19, 2009 Beth rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Read with Ainsley (7). She selected this one at a recent school book fair. Although I enjoyed this book (ditto Ainsley), I didn't like it as much as Naylor's Alice books. I read those in Library School and LOVED them.
Ashley
Mar 23, 2011 Ashley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comedy
I did task 10.2. I read a book called girl's rule. It was about 3 girls who start a carwash so that they can be in the Strawberry festival parade. They go up against 4 boys and eventually turn out to be friends.
Celina Damian
I think this book was great for people in my grade or in my age because its about teenage boys and girls.
Rate: 10
Lauren
Jul 24, 2008 Lauren rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
If U want to read a book with book worms, a bunch of strawberries, fake termites, drama, and car washes, go ahead.
Kaitlyn Reynolds
even if boys think there better and girls think their better,you guys are equal and should work together!
Nana
Mar 10, 2016 Nana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: boys, girls, humor
This book was pretty okay--and the first I ever read in the series.
Isabelle
Nov 04, 2008 Isabelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Katherine
This book was good but not the best I've ever read.
Nora
Cheesy, but good.
Amethyst
Jul 24, 2010 Amethyst rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I agree girls do rule!!! =P
Rene
Jan 13, 2009 Rene rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not a tween but I read this anyway. It's cute and fun, and little girls should like it.
Kimberly
Sep 20, 2012 Kimberly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2011
Thoroughly and completely enjoyed this series, which I read to my daughters through Nov & Dec at bedtime. Love, love, love Phyllis Reynolds Naylor for elementary aged readers. Love, love, love this series for the Brady-bunch era of hijinx between children... Love, love, love that neither the boys nor the girls are clear-case winners of the "war", though, my daughters do believe there was a winner. Whole-heartedly recommend as a family read and to all elementary-aged readers.
Destani Vanardalen
SUMMER IS AROUND the corner, and the battle between the Malloys and the Hatfords is heating up! They are all assigned to earn at least $20 if they want to be in the strawberry festival or eat all they can eat to earn money for the hospital. The families decide to not earn money with each other. Do you think that might happen or not? What do you think will happen with this adventurous story? I recommend this book to all ages!!!
Jessica Thlick
This story is about 3 girls that move to West Virginia and want to be in the aunnual Strawberry Festival Parade. Inorder to do that they each have to earn $20.They also have compitition with the Hatford brothers. They too want to be in the parade. At the end they all get to be in the parade and became friends.I like this story because it shows that even though you dislike a person you still care for them.
Margaret Gonzalez
i thought the book was good because i agree with the girls "girls do rule" wouldnt you agree? and because it was like a life...(kids think like that).Theres always compatition between people; it doesnt realy matter what race or gender you are. people always hate on what they cant have. but anyways the book was realy good. i realy enjoyed it, and it made me laugh.
Anisha
Jun 17, 2008 Anisha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
lol this is a juvenile book, something i read in sixth grade, but it's still pretty nice if you want something to read. it's part of a series that you don't have to read in order, but it's nice to, as they make small references to past books in the series. start with 'the boys start the war' if you want to start at the start, or go ahead and read 'girls rule'.
Ellison
A family of grade school brothers and a family of sisters aspire to raise $ for a local hospital. They taunt each other and cause difficulty to the adults with no concerns at all.

They eventually get hosed and a gal ends up on a parade float in her bathing suit. She sends out a photo of herself.
Joeytay11
YAY! OF COURSE GIRLS RULE! BOYS... COMES SECOND!(=)) I love the author of this book and i love ALL the books that he has written. Try it! You will love it FOR sure!
Alex
I thought this book was absolutely hilarious and it really showed me that girls and guys hav a lot of differences. My librarian recommended it to me in 3rd grade and i have loved it since!
Leah
Leah rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2009
Lauren
Lauren rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2011
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2011
Molly
Molly rated it liked it
May 13, 2011
Amanah
Amanah rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2012
Megan Strong
Megan Strong rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2012
Janae Roberts
Janae Roberts rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2010
Chris Hays
Chris Hays rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2010
Kyrstie
Kyrstie rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2010
Shelby
Shelby rated it it was ok
May 06, 2009
  • The Twelve Dancing Princesses
  • The Twinkie Squad
  • The Babysitter's Handbook: The Care and Keeping of Kids
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • Fashion Kitty Versus the Fashion Queen
  • Goddess Girls Books #1-4
  • Sealed With a Kiss (Yours Truly, Lucy B. Parker #2)
  • Ready! Set! Hawaii!
  • Dress (Once Upon A Prom, #2)
  • The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #6)
  • The Highs and Lows of Being Mia (The Princess Diaries, #3-4)
  • 11 Birthdays; Finally; and 13 Gifts
  • Molly Takes Flight (American Girls Short Stories)
  • Goldilocks and the Three Bears
  • Chasing Tail Lights
  • Prom Anonymous
  • Kiss Me Tomorrow
Phyllis Reynolds Naylor was born in Anderson, Indiana, US on January 4, 1933.

Her family were strongly religious with conservative, midwestern values and most of her childhood was spent moving a lot due to her father's occupation as a salesman.

Though she grew up during the Depression and her family did not have a lot of money, Naylor stated that she never felt poor because her family owned good boo
More about Phyllis Reynolds Naylor...

Boy/Girl Battle (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Boys Start the War (Boy/Girl Battle, #1)
  • The Girls Get Even  (Boy/Girl Battle, #2)
  • Boys Against Girls (Boy/Girl Battle, #3)
  • The Girls' Revenge (Boy/Girl Battle, #4)
  • A Traitor Among the Boys (Boy/Girl Battle, #5)
  • A Spy Among the Girls (Boy/Girl Battle, #6)
  • The Boys Return (Boy/Girl Battle, #7)
  • The Girls Take Over (Boy/Girl Battle, #8)
  • Boys in Control (Boy/Girl Battle, #9)
  • Boys Rock! (Boy/Girl Battle, #11)