The Portable Poetry Workshop

The Portable Poetry Workshop

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  6 reviews
This "breakthrough" book clearly, comprehensively, and practically informs any student of poetry about the techniques of their craft using the workshop method.
Published January 7th 2004 by Wadsworth Publishing Company (first published 2003)

Carol Willette Bachofner
Jul 29, 2012 Carol Willette Bachofner rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: all serious poets/students of poetry
Jack Myers' book is getting dogeared from its constant bumping around in my bag, briefcase, or suitcase. I take it with me everywhere except church (though it probably went to church a few times just because it was already in a large purse headed out with me for a later writing session). Whenever I am writing and want to get to the revision process, I take it out and do a reveiw of what Jack says about some particular aspect of writing I might be dealing with at the moment.

Jack was one of my MF...more
Lisa
Oct 17, 2007 Lisa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: poets
This is another great book that is essential to any poet. Chapters are filled with tips, guidelines, poems and so much more.

This book has become my bible for my writing. I keep it with me at all times and refer to it on several occasions for help.
Shaindel
Sep 30, 2007 Shaindel rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: poets/teachers of poetry/creative writing
I use this book as a required text in my intro to poetry writing class in addition to Addonizzio and Laux's _Poet's Companion_. This is a great book for helping students (especially beginning writers) think outside the box and generate new poems.
Shawnta
I read this for a course and got a good many poetry exercises out of it. May as well give it a go!
Kyle V
I'm in this book! One of the best books about poetry ever.
Ruth
After the first chapter, my eyes glazed.

R
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Matthew Morris
Matthew Morris marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Isla McKetta
Isla McKetta marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
Meagan
Meagan marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2013
Nicole Zuckerman
Nicole Zuckerman marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2013
Marwa Arafa
Marwa Arafa marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2013
Rachel Morgan
Rachel Morgan marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2013
JSA Lowe
JSA Lowe marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2013
Kelsey
Kelsey marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2013
Victor Cosby
Victor Cosby marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2013
Phebe
Phebe marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2013
Tamela
Tamela marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2013
Mili M
Mili M marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2012
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2012
Bev Siddons
Bev Siddons marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2012
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2012
Smu English
Smu English is currently reading it
Feb 23, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Jack Myers is a media ecologist and chairman of Media Advisory Group, which provides economic counsel to more than 250 media, advertising, marketing, entertainment and financial services companies who subscribe to the weekly Jack Myers Media Business Report. He is an award-winning documentary film producer, author of four books and founder of the Women in Media Mentoring Initiative and Syracuse Un...more
More about Jack Myers...
New American Poets Of The '90s Mara, Daughter of the Nile Dictionary of Poetic Terms Hooked Up: A New Generation's Surprising Take on Sex, Politics and Saving the World New American Poets