Start by marking “Queen of the Castle: 52 Weeks of Encouragement for the Uninspired, Domestically Challenged, or Just Plain Tired Homemaker” as Want to Read:

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Being a keeper at home demands that women possess a wide range of skills. Now the training, skills and tips every woman needs are all here in one delightful-to-read volume. Five minutes a day, 52 weeks a year is all a woman needs to get the most of this inspiring, helpful read.
Published June 1st 2006 by Thomas Nelson Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Queen of the Castle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Queen of the Castle

Nicole
I bought this book last year at the Goodwill bookstore in our city. I LOVE this book and am always reading it, because it is a week by week devotional of sorts. Walker provides seasonal ideas, new vocabulary words (!), inspirational quotes, a scripture, and a prayer for each week. If you like something similar to Sarah Ban Breathnach's, "Simple Abundance," I think you would like this. It's similar, but without all the new age jargon. Walker is a reader too, and the books from which she has glean ...more
Jeanette
In the first chapter of this book Walker says that she could not find one book that was all encompassing about what it is like to be a mother so she decided to write one. Only as I read this I could not figure out what I was reading. A self-help book for mothers? A book about holidays? A book about faith? A cook book? A book on nutrition? An organization book? In my opinion there were too many varied topics in this book and it jumped around from topic to topic to much. Most of the book the autho ...more
Mandy J. Hoffman
Queen Of The Castle is the perfect book for a woman who wants some inspiration and encouragement in the area of homemaking. Whether you are domestically challenged, or just simply looking for some refreshing ways to spice up your skills around the house, Lynn Bowen Walker has written a book for you.

Walker has divided the book into 52 short chapters that contain fun tid-bits like a new word to learn, a short devotional/encouragement reading, quotes, prayer prompts, and a great variety of advice.
Hilary
I'm about halfway through and trying to decide whether to continue. If I owned this, and read one chapter a week (as it's designed for) I might get more out of it. I'd definitely get more out of it if I didn't work full-time; most of it - like FlyLady - is targeting women who stay home with their kids. I wish I *could* just say "It's a lovely day, so I'm going to ignore work and we're going to play outside", but I can't. And on weekends, if the laundry doesn't get done because it's a lovely day, ...more
Trisha
A delightful resource for the homemaker. Full of quotes and recipes and inspiring thoughts to help the homemaker live intentionally in making a home for her family.
Andrea
Love it! Have read it a couple times now!
Heather
Going to read this book in 2011. didnt finish
Michelle
Jun 30, 2009 Michelle is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
So far I really love this one!
T
T marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Carol Novicky
Carol Novicky marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Kara
Kara is currently reading it
Oct 22, 2014
Lori
Lori added it
Aug 18, 2014
Dawn
Dawn added it
Jul 21, 2014
Nonna Mikat
Nonna Mikat marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Abigail
Abigail marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Jayjay
Jayjay is currently reading it
Jun 11, 2014
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Rebekah
Rebekah marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Catherine Piepenbrink
Catherine Piepenbrink marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Becky
Becky is currently reading it
Jan 08, 2015
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Humor for the Holidays: Stories, Quips, and Quotes for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years