Cooking Rocks! Rachael Ray 30-Minute Meals for Kids

Cooking Rocks! Rachael Ray 30-Minute Meals for Kids

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  109 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Kids rock! says Ray, and it seems the feeling is mutual. Young people number among her biggest fans. For them she has created a fabulous collection of age-specific recipes with a high cool factor.
Published September 20th 2004 by Lake Isle Press (first published 2004)

Stacey
One of the things I thought I'd try to help my son overcome his limited diet was to cook with him. What I really needed was a cookbook aimed at kids, with quick recipes and the ability to lay flat on the counter. Rachael Ray's Cooking Rocks! just might be that book.

The recipes look tasty but I think we'll have to start with some of the sweeter stuff to get him interested. I do wish that more pictures of the finished product had been included so that he'd be able to pick the recipe from what it l...more
Heather
Definitely one of my favorite childrens' cookbook. Even though I am no longer a child, I still love to cook from the easy yet still interesting recipes.
Marjanne
Jun 30, 2009 Marjanne rated it 3 of 5 stars Recommends it for: parents, maybe
Shelves: cook-sew-etc
This cookbook is geared towards kids (as if you couldn't tell), and definitely caters to kid tastes. Rachael claims she still makes and eats these recipes, but aside from a handful I'm not sure why. Several of them look like things I've seen in her other books (yes, she has recycled some of her recipes from some of her other books) and a bunch just sounded plain yucky. They are probably things kids would like and probably enjoy, though I don't think their parents may be too keen. I'll probably k...more
Natalie
My true hero. I really was inspired by her when I was little, I would always say "I am going to grow up and be a excellent chef and have my one TV show and still be hot!" But then she got really famous and the hollywood bug bite her and then I said "never mind, I want to be just like Jane Goodall, and save monkeys and treefrogs!" I really recommend this book for moms who have time to cook with the children.
Love her or hate her, you can't deny the enormous child appeal of this cookbook. She separates the recipes into age ranges, which helps determine the difficulty level. The recipes are sometimes gimmicky (pasta with "trees"...broccoli...get it?) but they're still lots of fun. Now if only it weren't spiral bound...
Kindle-aholic
This one is cute - lots of pictures. The problem is - other than maybe 4 of the recipes, my kids won't eat any of this stuff. If you have a kid that will try anything, this might work for you.
Aryanna
i have learned alot of recipes from this book. Plus, instead of just being a cook book, it shares some of Racheal Ray's funny cooking stories.
Karan Johnstone
Some pretty good recipes in here. The boys liked to find something to make out of this book when they were little.
Maggie
Rachael Ray is an awesome cook and the recipes in this book (at least the ones I've tried) are pretty good :)
Katheryn
This cookbook is fine but it is void of healthy meals.
Derise Rehm
My daughter has used this book over and over again!!!
Shara
Dec 29, 2009 Shara added it
I wish I could get my kids to start enjoying foods.
Amy
Amy added it
Apr 10, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
D20
D20 added it
Mar 11, 2014
Hal
Hal added it
Feb 23, 2014
Karen Urman
Karen Urman marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2014
Kristine Eash
Kristine Eash marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Bailey
Bailey added it
Feb 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Rachael Domenica Ray is a two-time Emmy-nominated television personality and author. She hosts the syndicated talk/lifestyle program Rachael Ray and two Food Network series, 30 Minute Meals and Rachael Ray's Tasty Travels. Ray has also written a series of cookbooks based on the 30 Minute Meals concept, and launched a magazine, Every Day with Rachael Ray, in 2006.

Prior to the launch of her talk sho...more
More about Rachael Ray...
Rachael Ray 365: No Repeats: A Year of Deliciously Different Dinners 30-Minute Meals 30-Minute Meals 2 Rachael Ray Express Lane Meals: What to Keep on Hand, What to Buy Fresh for the Easiest-Ever 30-Minute Meals Get Togethers: Rachael Ray 30-Minute Meals