Start by marking “Cooking Rocks! Rachael Ray 30-Minute Meals for Kids” as Want to Read:
Cooking Rocks! Rachael Ray 30-Minute Meals for Kids

Cooking Rocks! Rachael Ray 30-Minute Meals for Kids

3.56  ·  Rating Details  ·  170 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
The Food Network hostess presents a delightful collection of age- specific recipes for children, using letters, drawings, and recipes from her fans to present them. Original. 150,000 first printing.
Published September 20th 2004 by Lake Isle Press (first published 2004)

Be the first to ask a question about Cooking Rocks! Rachael Ray 30-Minute Meals for Kids

Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen FieldingThe Secret People by John WyndhamThe Man Who Sold the Moon by Robert A. HeinleinOdd John by Olaf StapledonZombie Raccoons & Killer Bunnies by Martin H. Greenberg
Worst Cover Art
81st out of 337 books — 225 voters
30-Minute Meals 2 by Rachael Ray30-Minute Meals by Rachael RayRachael Ray's Open House Cookbook by Rachael RayComfort Food by Rachael RayVeggie Meals by Rachael Ray
Best of Rachael Ray
7th out of 21 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Jonathan Bosch
Dec 17, 2015 Jonathan Bosch rated it it was amazing
A really good book for kids. I gave copies to my nephew & younger sister's boys. I helps that Rachael looks a lot like my sister, I wrote on the note to Matthew & Preston "Look guys, your Mom wrote a book". My first hero was Graham Kerr, made a chocolate souffle when I was 12 & it turned out well. I wanted to share the joy of making good food with them, Laura Ellen has posted about their creations, hoping I helped with their skills.
Stacey
Jul 20, 2008 Stacey rated it liked it
One of the things I thought I'd try to help my son overcome his limited diet was to cook with him. What I really needed was a cookbook aimed at kids, with quick recipes and the ability to lay flat on the counter. Rachael Ray's Cooking Rocks! just might be that book.

The recipes look tasty but I think we'll have to start with some of the sweeter stuff to get him interested. I do wish that more pictures of the finished product had been included so that he'd be able to pick the recipe from what it l
Heather
Mar 19, 2014 Heather rated it really liked it
Definitely one of my favorite childrens' cookbook. Even though I am no longer a child, I still love to cook from the easy yet still interesting recipes.
Alyse
Apr 19, 2015 Alyse rated it did not like it
Shelves: cookbook
Where are the pictures? I really like to see what the finished product is supposed to look like and this cookbook has no pictures.
Marjanne
Jun 30, 2009 Marjanne rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents, maybe
Shelves: cook-sew-etc
This cookbook is geared towards kids (as if you couldn't tell), and definitely caters to kid tastes. Rachael claims she still makes and eats these recipes, but aside from a handful I'm not sure why. Several of them look like things I've seen in her other books (yes, she has recycled some of her recipes from some of her other books) and a bunch just sounded plain yucky. They are probably things kids would like and probably enjoy, though I don't think their parents may be too keen. I'll probably k ...more
Natalie
Apr 07, 2008 Natalie rated it really liked it
My true hero. I really was inspired by her when I was little, I would always say "I am going to grow up and be a excellent chef and have my one TV show and still be hot!" But then she got really famous and the hollywood bug bite her and then I said "never mind, I want to be just like Jane Goodall, and save monkeys and treefrogs!" I really recommend this book for moms who have time to cook with the children.
Sep 30, 2015 Laura rated it really liked it
Love her or hate her, you can't deny the enormous child appeal of this cookbook. She separates the recipes into age ranges, which helps determine the difficulty level. The recipes are sometimes gimmicky (pasta with "trees"...broccoli...get it?) but they're still lots of fun. Now if only it weren't spiral bound...
Kathy (Kindle-aholic)
Feb 11, 2011 Kathy (Kindle-aholic) rated it it was ok
Shelves: cookbooks
This one is cute - lots of pictures. The problem is - other than maybe 4 of the recipes, my kids won't eat any of this stuff. If you have a kid that will try anything, this might work for you.
Aryanna
Jan 21, 2010 Aryanna rated it it was amazing
i have learned alot of recipes from this book. Plus, instead of just being a cook book, it shares some of Racheal Ray's funny cooking stories.
Karan Johnstone
Jul 24, 2011 Karan Johnstone rated it liked it
Shelves: donate, cookbooks
Some pretty good recipes in here. The boys liked to find something to make out of this book when they were little.
Maggie
Nov 04, 2007 Maggie rated it it was amazing
Rachael Ray is an awesome cook and the recipes in this book (at least the ones I've tried) are pretty good :)
Katheryn
Jun 21, 2011 Katheryn rated it liked it
Shelves: cooking
This cookbook is fine but it is void of healthy meals.
Derise Rehm
Sep 22, 2013 Derise Rehm rated it liked it
My daughter has used this book over and over again!!!
Shara
Dec 29, 2009 Shara added it
I wish I could get my kids to start enjoying foods.
Mike
Mike marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
George Smith
George Smith rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2016
Dorothy B. Rhodes
Dorothy B. Rhodes rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2016
Sheila Amey-overton
Sheila Amey-overton rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2016
christy fines
christy fines rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2015
Shanda Strawkas
Shanda Strawkas rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2015
Melin Lin-salazar
Melin Lin-salazar marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2015
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2015
Mickslibrarian
Mickslibrarian marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
Bonnie Mausehund
Bonnie Mausehund rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2015
Martha Hayes
Martha Hayes rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2015
  • BBQ USA: 425 Fiery Recipes from All Across America
  • Williams-Sonoma Collection: Soup
  • Food Network Magazine Great Easy Meals: 250 Delicious Recipes for the Whole Family
  • The Taste of Country Cooking
  • Fix-It and Forget-It Recipes for Entertaining: Slow Cooker Favorites for All the Year Round
  • Kitchen Dance
  • Here We All Are (26 Fairmount Avenue, #2)
  • Extreme Animals: The Toughest Creatures on Earth
  • The Nature of the Atonement: Four Views
  • Basic Bible Interpretation
  • The Wizard's Map (Tartan Magic, #1)
  • The Unwavering Resolve of Jonathan Edwards (Long Line of Godly Men Profile)
  • 101 Hymn Stories: The Inspiring True Stories Behind 101 Favorite Hymns
  • Paula Deen's My First Cookbook
  • Worship: The Ultimate Priority
  • A Biblical Home Education: Building Your Homeschool on the Foundation of God's Word
  • 101 Great Science Experiments
  • The Prince's Poison Cup
Rachael Domenica Ray is a two-time Emmy-nominated television personality and author. She hosts the syndicated talk/lifestyle program Rachael Ray and two Food Network series, 30 Minute Meals and Rachael Ray's Tasty Travels. Ray has also written a series of cookbooks based on the 30 Minute Meals concept, and launched a magazine, Every Day with Rachael Ray, in 2006.

Prior to the launch of her talk sho
More about Rachael Ray...