Start by marking “Alaska's Three Bears” as Want to Read:
Alaska's Three Bears

Alaska's Three Bears

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  50 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Join the polar, grizzly, and black bears as they travel across Alaska's vast wilderness. This is the real story of the three bears, filled with facts on America's best-loved bruins. Ages 3 and up.
Published July 29th 1997 by Sasquatch Books (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Alaska's Three Bears, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alaska's Three Bears

Megan
This is a unique spin on the classic "Three Bears" story. It is full of information and is a great teaching tool. The illustrations are gorgeous and my son has made it interactive as we count the bears on every page and he points out the colors of each one (white, brown, and black).
It introduces less common animals such as the moose and seal as well as several land features. I think it would be appropriate for many age ranges. Younger kids will enjoy the main story, while older children will l
Kathleen
Jun 06, 2016 Kathleen rated it it was amazing
A good way to learn about the different diets and habitats of the three types of bears found in Alaska (polar, brown, and black.) I liked the reuse of the original “Three Bears” format, as each bear finds a place just right for him!
Tania
Aug 18, 2011 Tania rated it it was amazing
This is another book we read to our students at our summer reading program. They loved it. They thought the drawings were terrific, and especially liked the borders on each page. They enjoyed learning more about bears, and they thought it was a neat twist on the original story of the three bears. I highly recommend this book to any teacher who wants to do a unit on bears - it's a book that successfully merges entertainment and educaational components
Jessica
Sep 26, 2010 Jessica rated it really liked it
A fun book that gives students a look at all three types of bears: Polar, Grizzly, and Black. This book is full of great information, but in order to use as a read aloud in kindergarten it is best to just read the story and choose a few snippets of the side information to share.
Laci
Oct 24, 2012 Laci rated it did not like it
This book was not very interesting. It would be good for a theme with bears or Alaska or climates even. You could also real all different pigs with playoffs of goldilocks. This is what this book is kind of like.
Brianna Soloski
May 07, 2015 Brianna Soloski rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This is a great teaching tool. Besides telling a little spinoff of the three bears, it also gives interesting facts about the types of bears found in Alaska and Canada.
Kristina Arnold
An informational book on bears that is very interesting but the pictures should be actual pictures of bears in my opinion.
Sarah Sammis
Oct 02, 2009 Sarah Sammis rated it liked it
Shelves: pc, read-in-2009
Review coming soon. I need to read it again before I review it.
Mario M.
Mario M. marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
May 28, 2016
Gina
Gina added it
Mar 22, 2016
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2016
Marie
Marie rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2016
Elaine
Elaine added it
Feb 20, 2016
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2016
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Leigh E. Ray
Leigh E. Ray rated it it was amazing
Dec 19, 2015
Todd
Todd rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2016
Nancy
Nancy rated it liked it
Nov 16, 2015
Kay Cashman
Kay Cashman rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2015
Ravyn Raney
Ravyn Raney marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2015
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2015
Molly Rose
Molly Rose rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2015
Lori June
Lori June rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2015