Start by marking “The Solitaire Ghost” as Want to Read:
The Solitaire Ghost

The Solitaire Ghost (Blackston Gold #1)

Dorian Wild has a car, a good apartment, a junior partnership in a law firm, and a solid relationship. Then a seeming ghost walks out of an elevator floor, and rebalances a miner's panning dish on top of her head.

Suddenly Dorian Wild also has danger, tragedy, mystery, break-ins, mayhem, an unscrupulous megacorp on her trail, and a whole new concept of reality. Especially w
Published June 15th 2011 by Five Star

To ask other readers questions about The Solitaire Ghost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Solitaire Ghost

Warren Rochelle
Jul 17, 2012 Warren Rochelle rated it it was amazing
Dorian is the junior partner of an Ibisville, North Queensland law firm and she has a good life: a good apartment, close friends, and a strong relationship with a great guy. Then, one day she, while “[juggling] a trio of lunch bags” in the elevator in her building, on the way to her law firm’s office on the eighth floor, Dorian sees a ghost. A tall man, he walks out of the elevator floor. He has a beard like a Victorian patriarch, “dark, the rich bronzed dark of a red-cedar wood. A young man’s ...more
Joyce
Dec 01, 2011 Joyce rated it liked it
I took a bit of getting into, but once I got involved with the characters I enjoyed it. Written by an Australian, even I had to think about some of the words used in the text, but I figured them out. There is obviously a sequel in the works as the story finished with someone just walking through a door.
Katharine (Ventureadlaxre)
Katharine is a judge for the Sara Douglass 'Book Series' Award. This entry is the personal opinion of Katharine herself, and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of any judging panel, the judging coordinator or the Aurealis Awards management team.

I won't be recording my thoughts (if I choose to) here until after the AA are over.
Donna Siebold
Donna Siebold rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2012
Elizabeth Draper
Elizabeth Draper rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2012
Jennifer rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2012
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
May 09, 2011
Sandi
Sandi marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2012
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2012
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2012
Andrea
Andrea added it
Jan 20, 2013
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2013
Micki Levin
Micki Levin marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2013
Gay Norris
Gay Norris marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2013
Nicola
Nicola marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
Daphne
Daphne marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Emily Crow
Emily Crow marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Susanna
Susanna marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2016
Sylvia Kelso lives in North Queensland, Australia. She writes fantasy and SF set in analogue or alternate Australian settings. She has published six fantasy novels, two of which, The Moving Water (2006) and Amberlight (2007) were finalists for best fantasy novel of the year in the Australian Aurealis genre fiction awards.
Her most recent novel-length work is a two-volume contemporary fantasy, the
More about Sylvia Kelso...

Blackston Gold (2 books)