Mirrorlight

Mirrorlight (Once Upon a Time-Travel #1)

3.41 of 5 stars 3.41  ·  rating details  ·  387 ratings  ·  47 reviews
When Cora Grames is abandoned in England at a haunted castle, she feels sorry for herself...until she sees the sexy man in the mirror that only appears to her. And when she finds out that she can touch him, he suddenly becomes more than a fantasy. But how can she fight for a man that doesn't exist in her time?

This novella includes a man that might be a ghost, a neighbor th...more
Published (first published February 5th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Mirrorlight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mirrorlight

Celia
"I just finished it and thought it was great! And greatly entertaining :) I could relate to the h and was sucked into the book's universe. It was quite short, but I don't know if that's bad when done properly - as it was here!

I didn't think I'd like it this much, but it just didn't seem (as) cheesy as most eroticas do.

Every person has books that light up for no apparent reason. They're average; avg. written, characters, story (or as "normal" as PNR gets) and only just on the right side of good -...more
First off I love Jill Myles' work. Okie this has none of the hotness which is known as Zane in it but nonetheless is a really good short story. This was a cute kinda modern fairytale. Cora is house sitting for 3 weeks at her Aunt and Uncle's home/ tourist attraction Abbey in England while they are vacationing in Spain. Her aunt tells her to stay in the small guest room called the "mirror room" which has of course this huge antique mirror in it. While staying her first night in the room Cora has...more
Rebecca ♥ Kishan & Warner ♥
I enjoyed the concept of this, but it moved way too fast, and I really hated Muffin. I know not everyone can write a romance in less than 100 pages as well as Laura Kaye, but I really had trouble believing their relationship. Their second meeting and she strips for him, their third and they have sex. And these meetings are brief, so nothing else really happens besides the stripping and the sex. Plus they cant speak to each other. I think this would have been much improved if they could speak and...more
Kelly
Well, hellooooo, Jill Myles. You certainly know how to make a girl look suggestively at her mirror, don't you? *eyes mirror and waits for sexy shenanigans*

While this is definitely a short story, it's sexy and hot. There's a particularly saucy mirror scene that might possibly be calling for me to re-read it. For reviewing purposes, of course. Because, you know, you can never do too much reading research when you're preparing for a review. Am I right?

Sexy and sweet, this story jumps into the touch...more
Bj Gaskill
I thought this was a really nice story...loved the Mirror.
Muffin is Awesome....Every girl could use a Fairy godmother like her (just as long as she's not baking....LOL).
I'm so glad cora fought for Aric, because after that mirror scene I don't think I would even be able to get the man out of man head!!!!
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
2.5 Stars - Finished it - take it or leave it (C)

I felt the story was too short to develop meaningful characters and connections. The idea is solid and writing good, but just not a lot of substance. I think I would have enjoyed a longer version of the story to learn more about the characters and see them connect.
Letitia
-- A Romantic Book Affairs Review

Rating: C ... Heat: Hot

This novella is short. Very short. Amazon says it is 53 pages. As one might expect with a story so short, there isn’t much (if any at all) character development and the romance is almost instantaneous. I can give it a pass on those two things. I mean, really, if I had a hunky medieval warlord making bedroom eyes at me in my mirror every night, I’d probably lift tail pretty quickly too.

What I didn’t like was Cora’s aunt. She was… ridiculous...more
Melindeeloo
3.5 stars - Her life having crumbled around her - she's lost her job, her guy and her home - Cora manages to get a house sitting gig in a castle and becomes enamored with the gorgeous but hauntingly sad but hunky ghost who appears in her bedroom mirror.

On the whole Myles' writing often straddles the edge of my smexiness comfort zone - I tend to prefer steamy to erotic - and the mirror sex scene in which enough of his/her parts are able to cross through a mirror into an alternate time (the whole...more
Preethi
(Originally posted at www.keepersbookreviews.blogspot.com)

**Actual Rating**: 2 stars
**Book Format**: eBook

This was a very cute novella about a woman learning to fight for the things she loves instead of coasting through life and expecting things to come for her. It's sort of like an erotic fairy tale, though it's not really all that erotic. There's only one sex scene, sure, it involves a mirror (I'm not even getting into that), but it doesn't really deserve an adult content warning or anything....more
Anna's Herding Cats!
Originally Posted for Herding Cats & Burning Soup

Well I gotta say my first little taste of Jill Myles' writing was a huge hit. Mirrorlight was a very quick read but I loved it. There's haunted castles, a hunk of a man stuck in a mirror (naughty, naughty things done through said mirror) and enjoyable characters finding their way to each other against all odds. Really, how could you resist that?

The storyline was pretty fun. Cora's been going through a rough patch and gets roped into castle-si...more
smexys_sidekick (Tori-Smexybooks)
Originally posted at http://www.smexybooks.com/2011/04/rev...

First off let me say if I had a mirror like this I would never leave my house. With that being said, Mirrorlight by Jill Myles is a cute modern fairy tale-esque story about a young woman who has coasted in life and a young man who’s choices in life left him trapped in time. Can Cora gather the courage to free her fantasy man? Or will she once again let life and love pass her by?

Cora Grames seems to have just given up on life. No job an...more
Michi
It's OK if you want something sexy to read before going to sleep, or while on your lunch break. Most importantly, it's free on Kindle.

The writing itself is good in that there are no glaring grammar or spelling errors and the construction is sound. Is it telling that commenting on the use of English itself is necessary in this day and age?

It's part of the same time travel series as "The Mermaid's Knight," which I didn't realize until I saw the character of Muffin again. She's the best part of thi...more
Dragana
This novella was free on Amazon. Since I read (and liked) Succubi series by Jill Myles, I thought, why not give a try to this book.

Cora is house-sitting for her aunt, while she is on vacation. Maybe this would be a boring plot if this house is not in fact a 12th century castle in England. You would think that Cora would spend that time exploring, but all she does is battling with visits from quirky neighbor granny without sense of fashion (or cooking) and images of sexy hunk in a mirror in her r...more
Julie
Wonderfully, erotically sweet tale of love across the centuries. Although, because it is such a short tale, there is not a lot of character development or in depth plot processes. It primarily consists of one setting in which the the hero and heroine converge around, and one major sexually explicit, but very original love scene that encompasses the core of the story. There is definitely a happily everafter. But seriously, you must read this short just for the profound sexual experience if nothin...more
Adriana Bookologist
Mirrorlight by Jill Myles

A well written and steamy erotic story that has a bit of magic, time-travel and a quirky lady named Muffin.

Cora is having a rough time in her life, first losing her job and then her boyfriend. She just can’t catch a break. Her mother finagles a house sitting job for a couple of weeks at her aunt’s haunted Abby and there is where she meets the Muffin lady (LOL), a Magic Mirror and a tortured soul. It was all good and when you add a wonderful sexy scene through said mirror...more
Ria
Cute, but a bit too abrupt in its conclusion. Still, enjoyable.
Orlene
Not sure what possessed me to download this..I think the words "Time Travel" in the title made me think this was something else. My bad for not looking at the cover properly to get a clue. >.> Wasn't impressed by this, tbh. It was short so I guess that sort of explains why there isn't much character development and stuff. I didn't really like the characters either, especially Muffin.

This just isn't my kind of book to read, I suppose.
Kristy
This story was OK. I thought parts of it were funny, but unrealistic. Which is stupid because the story has certain magical qualities to it. I just thought the characters were very forward and they got to know each other intimately in a very quick amount of time.

This story was about a girl who fell in love with a man in a mirror. He was from the past and his future was doomed, unless Cora could figure out how to save him.
Mel
I love Jill Myles. Her series the Succubus Diaries is one of my favorites so when I came across this novella I had to buy it. I'm so glad I did. Mirrorlight is a modern day fairytale involving a girl that has lost her way, a man who might be a ghost, a crazy old lady and a scene that makes me think that I will never look at a mirror in the same way again. Very creative and very hot. Mirrorlight was a joy to read. 4.5 stars.
Blodeuedd Finland
Ok I guess I read the earlier version and it might have changed a bit. But anyway it was a fun, and hot read :)

This was a hot short read. Cora falls for a man in a mirror. One sexy guy and they try to talk to each other, which do not work. So they try to touch. Oh my, now that is one sexy mirror. And Cora tries to find out what happened to her mystery man. Fun and hot are the words for this one.
Regina
sort of meh. the plot was an excuse for sex. I enjoyed the scarecrow king which was fairly chaste but the other books by her with racier stuff just ain't my cup of tea. The mirror thing could have been interesting if the characters were always so preoccupied by lust. Good book for those who read it for the sex i guess.
Jadzia
That was truly an awkward story for me. A woman comes to England from Kansas to home-sit for her aunt and finds a man in the mirror. The thing is, they cannot communicate aother than seeing and then touching each other. Nah, not my kind of story.
Mazmi
I cannot believe I have only just discovered Jill Myles, unbelieveable!
Mirrorlight was such a sweet short story. I loved the fairytale theme to it as well, an adult fairytale of course. I wish I had a mirror like that one *sighs*
Josie
I really liked it because it was a fairytale... However, you definitely would not read this as a bed time story. This is a fairytale for grownups and a good one to go back to if you need at happy ending with a little steam on the windows!
Ilse
It was really short, and left many questions. But it is really sweet and fun. Great for a short trip or wait.
Alesia
Lovve it This book is short and steamy and i wish it had been longer but it wasn't too short which is good. I liked the mirror idea, the romance and the sex scene, and the two main chracters.
Flora Roberts
I truly did enjoy this story. The neighbor had me cracking up, and the sexy mirror man had my heart racing. Loved it! It was cute and sexy all wrapped up in a neat little package!
Rosanna
This was a nice quick read for paranormal fans. I was surprised and pleased at how well the characters were developed in such a short read.
133 pgs on my nook and free at barns & noble
Francine "Tsukime"
I love this fantasy-infused short story erotica. It is hot and steamy enough to satisfy, yet utterly sweet and romantic. The fairy tale background brings back memories of childhood.
Charlotte
Overall the book was okay. The written part could be written more interesting, since I was almost dozing off when I read this. Although, the romance scenes are quite enjoyable ^.^
  • A Lesson in Passion
  • Love Letters
  • 'Til We Meet Again
  • Going Berserk (Berserker Mate's, #1.5)
  • Destined for Harmony (Shadows of Destiny, #3.5)
  • Forever His (Stolen Brides, #1)
  • Phantom Lovers
  • A Wish to Build a Dream On
  • King of the Isles (Men of the Isles, #3)
  • Reclaimed (Fire and Ice, #1)
  • King, King, Goose?
  • Love's Portrait
  • More Than a Fling
  • Free Fall (My Immortals #4.5)
  • Knights
  • Wanted - Dead or Alive
  • My Lady Vampire - Book One
  • The Elusive "O"
JILL MYLES is the author of the Succubus Diaries from Pocket Books. Jill also writes as Jessica Clare and Jessica Sims.

A NOTE ABOUT FRIENDING: I will happily friend you back if you friend me! Goodreads is, after all, about discussing books we both love. I will NEVER self-promote my books to you. And if you self-promote your books to me, no matter how nicely, I'm deleting you off my list. Sorry. Go...more
More about Jill Myles...
Wicked Games (Games, #1) Gentlemen Prefer Succubi (Succubus Diaries, #1) Succubi Like It Hot (Succubus Diaries, #2) My Fair Succubi (Succubus Diaries, #3) Foreplay (Succubus Diaries, #0.5)