Start by marking “The Remembering (The Meq, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Remembering (The Meq, #3)

The Remembering (The Meq #3)

THEIR ORIGINS ARE A MYSTERY.
THEIR FUTURE IS AT HAND.

For thousands of years the Meq have existed side by side with humanity—appearing as twelve-year-old children, unsusceptible to wounds and disease, dying only by extraordinary means. They have survived through the rise and fall of empires and emperors, through explorations, expansions, and war. Five sacred stones giv
Published February 22nd 2011 by Del Rey

To ask other readers questions about The Remembering, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Remembering

Judah
Mar 31, 2011 Judah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Such a sad thing when a book/idea has a lot of potential for being interesting, but never quite hits the mark. There are an awful lot of coincidences that pop up in order to move the plot along. "The Meq have to get out of *insert location here*...and LOOK! So-and-So just happens to be there with his plane/boat/whatever!"

Not awful, really, but it could have been so much better.
(okay, it was close to awful, now that I think back on it)
Connie Suttle
Sep 16, 2010 Connie Suttle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
At long last! And I was just about to write to the author, too. Is it wrong to feel giddy about a book?
Clay Kallam
Jul 05, 2011 Clay Kallam rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sf-fantasy
It’s a hook without a book – or in this case, books.

Steve Cash, once with the Ozark Mountain Daredevils (he co-wrote “Jackie Blue”, if you go back that far), has finally delivered the finale in his series, The Meq, and “The Remembering” (Del Rey, $15, 280 pages) is nothing but a contract-fulfiller that goes absolutely nowhere.

Here’s the hook: There exist among us a very human-like species that looks like 12-year-old children, called the Meq. They are essentially immortal, until they “cross over”
Shannon
Mar 11, 2011 Shannon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First off, I loved this series. I had been waiting for this book for YEARS and I am thanking my lucky stars that it finally came out. It wraps up the story nicely although some of the big "why are we here" questions aren't really answered. I was surprised with the way Zuriaa's story ended. It seemed like she didn't really further the plot a ton, and I don't know how to feel about the fleur du mal anymore. Still, really well written books. Lots of reread value.
Samantha
My least favorite of the three. It was a slightly disappointing end to the trilogy for me.
Trina
Jan 19, 2015 Trina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Somewhat depressing. I liked the first two books slightly better.

Problems with this series: First, how easily they get out of trouble. Second, how they just randomly meet famous people (or people who will become famous). Third, how the books read more like a history book than a novel. And finally, how COMPLETELY unsatisfying the ending is!

1) They get in trouble!! Oh, no! How will they ever be saved?!? "Oh look! Here's some random person we know! What a wonderful coincidence that they happen to
Topher
When I was writing my dissertation, I received a notice that I had won signed copies of the fourth realm trilogy from John Twelve Hawks. It pretty much made my month (I was writing a dissertation - pleasures get savored for a longer time).

I've had two moves in two years, both cross-country in a car. Most of my stuff had to go. I only kept a few books. My intent though, is to replace a lot of the books I've lost. And some of those I want as signed copies.

The Meq trilogy is likely to be the next o
Joe Scholes
I enjoyed this one very much. It's the third book in the Meq series, and a long awaited one. The characters are very interesting. The whole premise of virtually immortal people "frozen" in the body of a 12 year old until they find their Ameq (life partner) is fascinating. The series of books spans hundreds of years in the lives of the Meq as they travel the world in search of the meaning of their existence.

Some of the characters are more sympathetic than others, and the relationships are wonderf
Alice
What happened? Why...the ending. Seriously? What?

So much disappointment in the end. Even as I was getting close I thought he'd pull it off and give me something as brilliant as the first two installments. Alas, not even close.

Even if he'd left it with all the unanswered questions after the final chapter (the old ones, Fleur-du-Mal, what is their purpose) I would have still given this 3 stars - I can deal with a "pick your own ending" type of story.

But. BUT. There was the epilogue and just no. N
Kristen
There were interesting parts, but all in all it was implausible that the world of the Meq would become so intertwined with that of the Giza's governments and wars, etc. These ancient people are not ones to jump at frivolities and this book seemed to have them running around too much. The ending seemed trite, as a grand gesture by Z and Opari was quickly ruined in the epilogue. An unfortunate end to such a fabulous first book.
Also, it is quite short compared to the other two books. An unbelievabl
Suzy
Jul 20, 2011 Suzy rated it it was amazing
The trilogy itself is wonderful. One of the most exciting history lessons I ever had! The Remembering was a great finish to the trilogy. It answered almost all questions and threw in a few surprises as well. It wasn't too predicable either. It's always hard to read the last book without big expectations and hope and I think Steve Cash ended it perfect.

I would gladly read another Steve Cash book!
Meril
Feb 26, 2011 Meril rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sff
Michelle
Aug 05, 2011 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book and thought it was a great ending to the series. It was also much less disturbing as the Fleu Du Mal was not in it too much.
Morgan
Jul 08, 2015 Morgan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The ending left me a bit wanting, and the story seemed a bit anticlimactic after the first two books, but still a very good read.
Antoinette Anastas
Antoinette Anastas rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2014
E.R. Barr
E.R. Barr rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2016
Connie Suttle
bittersweet.
Jonathan
Jonathan rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2011
Donald
Donald rated it it was ok
Apr 11, 2013
Jason Mahoney
Jason Mahoney rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2011
Emily
Emily rated it it was ok
Jun 26, 2012
Raymond Just
Raymond Just rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2011
Steven
Steven rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2016
Robert Parr
Robert Parr rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2012
Grant
Grant rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2011
CJ Pankey
CJ Pankey rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2011
Celici
Celici rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2011
Catherine
Catherine rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2011
Aariah
Aariah rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2014
Kent
Kent rated it liked it
Dec 10, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Jane Goes Batty (Jane Fairfax, #2)
  • Crusade of Tears
  • Death Vows (Donald Strachey, #9)
  • Target (Legend of the Ir'Indicti #3)
  • To Kingdom Come (Barker & Llewelyn, #2)
  • The Sorcerer of the North (Ranger's Apprentice #5, part 1/2)
  • Ring of Fire III
  • The Unincorporated War
  • There Must Be a Pony
  • Saturn Rukh
  • Beyond the Wall of Time (The Broken Man, #3)
  • The Bones (Ettison, #2)
  • Rise of the Seventh Moon (Eberron: Heirs of Ash, #3)
  • The Shattered Sylph (Sylph, #2)
  • Best of S J Perelman
  • I'm Just Here for the Food: Cook's Notes (Journal)
  • Retaliation (Stargate, #2)
  • The Making of Legend (Cerebral Network, #1)
Steve Cash is a singer-songwriter and a founding member of the Ozark Mountain Daredevils. He was born in 1946.
More about Steve Cash...

The Meq (3 books)
  • The Meq
  • Time Dancers (The Meq, #2)