Start by marking “The Remembering: Book Three of The Meq” as Want to Read:
The Remembering: Book Three of The Meq

The Remembering: Book Three of The Meq (The Meq #3)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  111 ratings  ·  13 reviews

THEIR ORIGINS ARE A MYSTERY.
THEIR FUTURE IS AT HAND.

For thousands of years the Meq have existed side by side with humanity—appearing as twelve-year-old children, unsusceptible to wounds and disease, dying only by extraordinary means. They have survived through the rise and fall of empires and emperors, through explorations, expansions, and war. Five sacred stones give
Published February 22nd 2011 by Del Rey

To ask other readers questions about The Remembering, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Remembering

Judah
Such a sad thing when a book/idea has a lot of potential for being interesting, but never quite hits the mark. There are an awful lot of coincidences that pop up in order to move the plot along. "The Meq have to get out of *insert location here*...and LOOK! So-and-So just happens to be there with his plane/boat/whatever!"

Not awful, really, but it could have been so much better.
(okay, it was close to awful, now that I think back on it)
Connie Suttle
At long last! And I was just about to write to the author, too. Is it wrong to feel giddy about a book?
Clay
It’s a hook without a book – or in this case, books.

Steve Cash, once with the Ozark Mountain Daredevils (he co-wrote “Jackie Blue”, if you go back that far), has finally delivered the finale in his series, The Meq, and “The Remembering” (Del Rey, $15, 280 pages) is nothing but a contract-fulfiller that goes absolutely nowhere.

Here’s the hook: There exist among us a very human-like species that looks like 12-year-old children, called the Meq. They are essentially immortal, until they “cross over”
Shannon
First off, I loved this series. I had been waiting for this book for YEARS and I am thanking my lucky stars that it finally came out. It wraps up the story nicely although some of the big "why are we here" questions aren't really answered. I was surprised with the way Zuriaa's story ended. It seemed like she didn't really further the plot a ton, and I don't know how to feel about the fleur du mal anymore. Still, really well written books. Lots of reread value.
Trina
Somewhat depressing. I liked the first two books slightly better.

Problems with this series: First, how easily they get out of trouble. Second, how they just randomly meet famous people (or people who will become famous). Third, how the books read more like a history book than a novel. And finally, how COMPLETELY unsatisfying the ending is!

1) They get in trouble!! Oh, no! How will they ever be saved?!? "Oh look! Here's some random person we know! What a wonderful coincidence that they happen to
Samantha
My least favorite of the three. It was a slightly disappointing end to the trilogy for me.
Topher
When I was writing my dissertation, I received a notice that I had won signed copies of the fourth realm trilogy from John Twelve Hawks. It pretty much made my month (I was writing a dissertation - pleasures get savored for a longer time).

I've had two moves in two years, both cross-country in a car. Most of my stuff had to go. I only kept a few books. My intent though, is to replace a lot of the books I've lost. And some of those I want as signed copies.

The Meq trilogy is likely to be the next o
Joe Scholes
I enjoyed this one very much. It's the third book in the Meq series, and a long awaited one. The characters are very interesting. The whole premise of virtually immortal people "frozen" in the body of a 12 year old until they find their Ameq (life partner) is fascinating. The series of books spans hundreds of years in the lives of the Meq as they travel the world in search of the meaning of their existence.

Some of the characters are more sympathetic than others, and the relationships are wonderf
Kristen
There were interesting parts, but all in all it was implausible that the world of the Meq would become so intertwined with that of the Giza's governments and wars, etc. These ancient people are not ones to jump at frivolities and this book seemed to have them running around too much. The ending seemed trite, as a grand gesture by Z and Opari was quickly ruined in the epilogue. An unfortunate end to such a fabulous first book.
Also, it is quite short compared to the other two books. An unbelievabl
Suzy
The trilogy itself is wonderful. One of the most exciting history lessons I ever had! The Remembering was a great finish to the trilogy. It answered almost all questions and threw in a few surprises as well. It wasn't too predicable either. It's always hard to read the last book without big expectations and hope and I think Steve Cash ended it perfect.

I would gladly read another Steve Cash book!
Meril
Michelle
I really liked this book and thought it was a great ending to the series. It was also much less disturbing as the Fleu Du Mal was not in it too much.
Connie Suttle
Loisa
Loisa added it
Mar 21, 2015
Rebecca Burke
Rebecca Burke marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Zeina
Zeina marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Jim Pike
Jim Pike marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Ronya
Ronya marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Brian Murphy
Brian Murphy marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Jane Goes Batty (Jane Fairfax, #2)
  • Death Vows (Donald Strachey, #9)
  • Crusade of Tears
  • To Kingdom Come (Barker & Llewelyn, #2)
  • Target (Legend of the Ir'Indicti #3)
  • Ring of Fire III
  • The Shattered Sylph (Sylph, #2)
  • The Unincorporated War
  • The Meaning of Matthew: My Son's Murder in Laramie, and a World Transformed
  • Saturn Rukh
  • Voyage of the Mourning Dawn (Eberron: Heirs of Ash, #1)
  • The Rise of the House of McNally (Unlikely Exploits, #3)
  • Blood Heritage (Ettison, #1)
  • Badger Boy (Texas Rangers, #2)
  • The Trade Of Queens (The Merchant Princes, #6)
  • A Vision of Light (Margaret of Ashbury, #1)
Steve Cash is a singer-songwriter and a founding member of the Ozark Mountain Daredevils. He was born in 1946.
More about Steve Cash...

The Meq (3 books)
  • The Meq
  • Time Dancers (The Meq, #2)
The Meq Time Dancers (The Meq, #2) The Remembering: Book Three of The Meq Remembering: Book Three of the Meq