Start by marking “Much of Madness, More of Sin” as Want to Read:
Much of Madness, More of Sin

Much of Madness, More of Sin

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  10 reviews
BEYOND THE DEPTHS OF MADNESS... During an annual festival celebrating an ancient god...In a county jail where escape is unlikely...Along downtown avenues where population provides safety...In a nightclub so boisterous, it's difficult to hear the person standing next to you...In a bath house in Phoenix, or amidst the towering trees of wilderness-Here madness touches the sou ...more
Published December 7th 2010 by Shadow City Press (first published December 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Much of Madness, More of Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Much of Madness, More of Sin

Drawing Blood by Poppy Z. BriteFallocaust by Quil CarterLost Souls by Poppy Z. BriteExquisite Corpse by Poppy Z. BriteBreaking Jade by Quil Carter
Best Gay Horror
15th out of 76 books — 65 voters
Silence by Becca FitzpatrickShattered Souls by Mary LindseyEntwined by Heather DixonWither by Lauren DeStefanoUnearthly by Cynthia Hand
Best Book Covers of 2011
107th out of 144 books — 238 voters

More lists with this book...

Jeannie Sloan
Talk about a phenomenal collection...Wow!!!
Anyone who had any interest in literary horror about gay or strait men or others should check out this book.
It blew me away.I have been recommending it to everyone I know who can appreciate fine literature in the horror genre.I can't wait to see what he comes out with next.This is an author to watch.
J'aime
I have rarely found it to be a good sign when a book opens with an introduction in which the author tries to persuade you to give the book a chance and not make assumptions. That usually has me making assumptions, especially when the author says “Yes, readers can expect graphic scenes of lust. Surely, there are disturbing scenes that may have stomachs churning.” After finishing, I think the introduction was totally unnecessary, perhaps even a hindrance. This book stands on it's own.

This is an a
Alex
For me, single author short story collections are a wonderful way to dive into a writer’s work. A collection offers a multi-faceted look as each story is a different aspect of a writer’s talent. Andrew Wolter’s Much of Madness, More of Sin is just such a collection. The stories explore the good, the bad, and the erotic all against the backdrop of the gay community in Phoenix, Arizona.

Wolter’s work is erotic dark fiction. It is horror. It is gay literature. Call it what you will… it is good. One
Derickdw
I'm not normally one to write reviews; but, I'm always reading reviews so I'll had a better chance of choosing a book I'll enjoy. So, I decided I'd start paying it forward and giving my honest opinion on the books I read. Who knows, maybe my review will be the one which helps someone else decide to give, Much of Madness, More of Sin, a chance.

The opening story in this collection, The Feast of Baccus, will grab you and pull you in, with its vivid characters, fast plot, and escalating horror. Whic
Gothic Readers Book Club
WINNER OF THE GOTHIC READERS CHOICE AWARD

Andrew Wolter's writing fuses the classic elements of Gothic literature with modern themes from the LGBT community in a very dark, appealing way. This is a short story collection and Wolter delves into the tragedy, power, and intensity of human bonds and human evil. He explores love, passion, hatred, and viciousness much like Ambrose Bierce did over a century before. His characters are well-drawn and he crafts his narratives carefully to keep the suspense
Jordan
Wow. This is Wolter's first collection of short stories and it's an impressive one. He is quite a talent in the horror genre and I'm excited to see what else he brings to the table.
Chris Bowsman
A very strange and horrific trip into the land of Lovecraftian, erotic themed stories. Very good collection, not for the squeamish.
Jeff Erno
This twisted anthology of stories is a delightful combination of practically every taboo, a slap in the face to almost any normal, sane person's sensitivities. But hey, I never claimed to be sane, and I'm certainly not normal.

Though the writing was superb, the editing not so much. And there were multiple point-of-view shifts within scenes which happens to be one of my pet peeves. Still, the scenes were vividly portrayed with rich descriptions, and the creepy, demented characters came to life in
Nikki Frankel
I will give this some credit for being the first gay erotic horror short story collection I've come across. I like glbt fiction and horror so I thought the two together would be worth a shot. There was nothing wrong with the work really, but it did seem like the author thought he was such a bad ass for pushing the envelope unnecessarily. I found the introduction/warning very pretentious and wish he had just let the stories speak for themselves.

I would recommend this book to people who are reall
Pamela Craft Jenewein
Amazon Kindle freebie
Elisa Rolle
Elisa Rolle marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015
Step
Step marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Julian  Cheek
Julian Cheek marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Shloka
Shloka marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Hydra Star
Hydra Star marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
mpfrom
mpfrom marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Natasha
Natasha marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Rick Stpierre
Rick Stpierre marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Phanata
Phanata marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Antonio Torres
Antonio Torres marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
the prince
the prince marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
omi
omi marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2014
Leo Figueroa
Leo Figueroa marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
Rien Xi
Rien Xi marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2014
Kristine Pratt
Kristine Pratt marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Andrew Wolter is the award-winning author of Much of Madness, More of Sin and Nightfall. His short stories have appeared in both online and print publications including Raw: Brutality As Art, Enter at Your Own Risk: Fires and Phantoms, and Anthology: Year One.

In addition to his fiction writing, Andrew has previously freelanced as a contributing columnist to X-Factor Magazine, in which he has over
More about Andrew Wolter...
Nightfall I'll Be Home for Christmas: A Holiday Tale of Terror The Rules of Temptation Anthology: Year One (Volume 1) Enter At Your Own Risk: Fires and Phantoms