Start by marking “Edgar Cayce on Atlantis” as Want to Read:
Edgar Cayce on Atlantis

Edgar Cayce on Atlantis

4.02  ·  Rating Details ·  1,063 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Drawing on his readings, and placed within the context of reincarnation, Edgar Cayce offers evidence of the civilisation of Atlantis - showing how its achievements and failures directly relate to the conflict and confusion of today.
Published April 1st 1988 by Grand Central Publishing (first published 1962)

Natacha Pavlov
Apr 10, 2012 Natacha Pavlov rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality
Fascinating!! This book briefly covers readings given by Edgar Cayce--America's greatest psychic--on entities having previously existed in the lost land known as Atlantis.

According to Cayce, there were 2 phases that led to the destruction of Atlantis. The readings state that many of its inhabitants--being warned of the impending doom--emmigrated to Egypt, the Pyrenees (Portugal, Spain and France) as well as to the Yucatan/Central and Southern American continents. Cayce also believed that many A
Jessi
May 05, 2008 Jessi rated it it was amazing
I read a first edition (published mid sixties?) of this book,... many of the "speculations" surrounding this material are continually being verified or confirmed...Intuitively, most of us realize that what's taught in the history books at school is BS, and this is a whole new can of worms... Where did humanity come from and what are we doing here?! A question that all major religions tackle and that science tries to "rationalize" to the point of obliterating all possibility in favor of what's ac ...more
Ron
Apr 18, 2011 Ron rated it liked it
Interesting.
Lauraley Dilgard
Jan 11, 2011 Lauraley Dilgard rated it really liked it
Any book on Atlantis, I feel I once lived there reading about it feels like I'm reading about home.
Dennis
Jan 22, 2010 Dennis rated it it was amazing
This book culls together various readings of past entities with incarnations of lives on Atlantis, which was not so much a place as an era in the foundation of humanity. The readings have references to Atlantean land and Poseida land. Mu, Oz, and Lemuria are mentioned in later Atlantean time.

It draws from those readings a picture of life with aircraft, submarines, electronics, and nuclear power. It is where/when spiritual beings first projected themselves into physical existence on this planet.
Hydroxia Gryphon
Apr 30, 2013 Hydroxia Gryphon rated it really liked it
SOOO glad I read this just after reading Dr. Robert Schoch's _Forgotten Civilization_. I believe that they definitely work in conjunction; and Schoch's scientific findings back up the readings and information revealed by Edgar Cayce. I almost fell out of my seat when I read the part about the Sphinx being much older (as proven and theorized also by Schoch)! I also can see many similarities as to what was reportedly happening in Atlantis before extraordinary destruction(s), and how human history ...more
Steve
Nov 10, 2012 Steve rated it did not like it
Shelves: non-fiction
Well, the first book I've rated one star.

Why? In my view a book needs to be one or more of three things - entertaining, informative and interesting. This is none of those.

I came to it with an open mind - you kind of have to given the subject matter. It was always unlikely to be entertaining. I can't honestly say it was ever going to be so grounded in fact as to be informative.

But I did expect it to be interesting. It wasn't. Its not helped by the stilted language of Cayce's readings themselves,
Edgar Cayce
From the discovery of the "Bimini Road" to the intriguing underwater circles close to the area where Edgar Cayce predicted evidence of the lost civilization of Atlantis would be found, new discoveries are being uncovered on a regular basis.

In this updated edition experience an amazing journey to the waters of Bimini and learn of the hidden vaults of the Sphinx. Discover shocking new evidence about the destruction of Atlantis and why striking parallels between our society and theirs could provide
Christopher Sharp
Sep 07, 2015 Christopher Sharp rated it it was amazing
There aren't enough words to describe Edgar's contribution to the human race. What he lived every day the rest of us can only dream of. Why modern history chooses to ignore Atlantis and all of the facts that point straight to it I will never understand.
Rose Beyke
May 16, 2012 Rose Beyke rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reference
I just find Edgar Cayce so thought provoking.
Kim Vazquez
Jun 01, 2009 Kim Vazquez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a confirmation to me.
Katie Baltrush
Jun 22, 2009 Katie Baltrush rated it it was amazing
The seems to have figured out through religion what Graham Hancock figured out through archeology.
Karen Roddy
Aug 05, 2013 Karen Roddy rated it it was amazing
Excellent!
Natalie
Mar 06, 2016 Natalie rated it liked it
I found this book to be a much quicker read than Many Mansions, which I had read several years ago. There were a few things I found intriguing in this book. His theory that we had originally been created by God as spiritual entities, and eventually found our way into material earthly bodies as humans evolved was very interesting- it was an angle I hadn't even considered before. As an atheist, the creation theory holds no water for me- but if there is/was a God, this spiritual theory makes much m ...more
Diana
Dec 16, 2014 Diana rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lemuria
In questo libro solo brevissimi accenni a Lemuria, ai figli di Belial e ai figli del'Uno e dei loro principi.
Informazioni ripetitive, prove a mio avviso insufficienti. Le previsioni di Cayce riguardano l'archeologia egizia, i terremoti negli Stati Uniti, la zona subacquea di Bimini.
Si tenta di spiegare l'origine delle Piramidi, in particolare della Sfinge di cui la data di costruzione secondo le visioni del medium sono molto più antiche delle date attestate dagli scienziati.
Sin dall'inizio del l
Julieta Steyr
Me molesta que de dos o tres lecturas de Cayce y todo lo demás se sumerja en las vueltas que los investigadores dieron en Bimini o Egipto. Dice que hay 700 lecturas, pero nos pasea por todas las visiones que hubo primero de la Atlántida (que me las salteé porque las conozco y están hechas para adentrar a los neófitos), después por el esoterismo que también se interesó en eso. Finalmente habla un poco de Cayce (estimo que debe haber unas 30 lecturas como mucho) por el medio y tras eso nos llena d ...more
Peiman Hda
Jan 01, 2015 Peiman Hda rated it it was amazing
I can hardly stop myself to talk about Cayce's readings non-stilted. I feel always hungry for any piece of information that comes out of his clear readings. It is interesting but not for entertaining.
So many serious questions are replied among the lines. I think It is still not impossible but too much for today science to explain the life and reasons of what went on those ages by their soul secrets.
Alexandria
Mar 17, 2016 Alexandria rated it it was amazing
Shelves: atlantis
This book has greatly nourished my interests in Atlantis and Edgar Cayce. I loved reading Cayce's passages about the Atlanteans' migrations to Egypt, South America, and North America.

I appreciated the author mentioning the archaeological discoveries based on Cayce's readings. There is so much left to be discovered than mainstream history offers. I certainly hope there will be more evidence of Atlantis in the distant future.

Obviously, I'm a strong believer of this mythical land lol!
Elentarri
Jul 29, 2013 Elentarri rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Freaky and very interesting. This is a compilation of all the readings Edgar Cayce did regarding Atlantis along with commentary by the author. Relevant additional information made publicly available is also included to "verify" the details of the readings.
Tim
Nov 23, 2014 Tim rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
There was plenty of historical information to make it interesting, I found the writing style of the book a bit difficult to follow.
Mary-Anna
Apr 06, 2014 Mary-Anna rated it really liked it
Wow, great information. I would have liked to read exact quotes from Cayce, but the book was mostly explaining what Cayce said.
Steven
Feb 02, 2014 Steven rated it it was ok
Little bit disappointed. Not as insightful as I was hoping but I did like the way some of it tied up with other people's research - Robert schoch's age of the sphinx for one.
James Turner
May 20, 2013 James Turner rated it really liked it
Though parts of the book are a little dry, overall it is a very fascinating. Atlantis could have been the start of all the ancient civilizations.
Fusun Dulger charles
I was disappointed as I expected much more. I would love someone to recommend an excellent book on this topic.
Rene
Dec 18, 2008 Rene rated it really liked it
We were never supposed to be physical beings- our material selves led to rampant materialism led to........the downfall of civilization. It happened once before and it will happen again.
Aug 05, 2009 Sarah rated it it was ok
Shelves: abandoned
Edgar Cayce on Atlantis spends far too much time trying to prove Atlantis existed, and far too little time on Edgar Cayce or his psychic readings.
Chris Strange
Mar 17, 2015 Chris Strange rated it really liked it
Interesting ideas. Edgar Cayce had some eerie trance readings and this book puts them together into a surprisingly compelling argument for the existence of Atlantis.
Kurt
Kurt rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2016
Edgard Popazov
Edgard Popazov rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2013
Scott Bullock
Scott Bullock rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2013
  • Edgar Cayce: An American Prophet
  • The Seth Material
  • Here and Hereafter
  • Bringers of the Dawn: Teachings from the Pleiadians
  • Maps of the Ancient Sea Kings: Evidence of Advanced Civilization in the Ice Age
  • Awakening Your Psychic Powers: Open Your Inner Mind And Control Your Psychic Intuition Today
  • When the Sky Fell: In Search of Atlantis
  • The Orion Mystery: Unlocking the Secrets of the Pyramids
  • The Convoluted Universe - Book Three
  • Dancing in the Light
  • Echoes of the Soul: Moving Beyond the Light
The origins of life, in the metaphysical sense, began with the creation of the celestial beings. According to Edgar Cayce’s readings of the Akashic Record, first came the Son, the Logos, or the Word -- as indicated in John’s Gospel: “In the beginning was the Word; and the Word was with God and the Word was God.” Out of the Word or this central primordial expression of life, all else was created. A ...more
More about Edgar Cayce...