Start by marking “Confessions of Emergency Room Doctors” as Want to Read:
Confessions of Emergency Room Doctors

Confessions of Emergency Room Doctors

3.25 of 5 stars 3.25  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Rocky Lang and Dr. Erick Montero offer up more than 200 firsthand accounts of emergency room dramas along with bizarre and insightful medical facts and stats inside "Confessions of Emergency Room Doctors." Sample entries include:

* Strange Disease Fact: A melcryptovestimentaphilliac is someone who compulsively steals ladies underwear.

* Dr. Brown, Chicago Hospital, writes: "
Published January 1st 2009 by Andrews McMeel Publishing, LLC (first published September 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Confessions of Emergency Room Doctors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Confessions of Emergency Room Doctors

Noran Miss Pumkin
Jun 05, 2008 Noran Miss Pumkin rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: bored people
Recommended to Noran by: amazon
Shelves: er
this book left me obstipated! 1/3rd pages are just one paragraph long stories--so leaving leaving much of the page blank. another 1/3rd is fuller crap--not stories! the stories are not even told by ER doctors, but just gossip poop , many told by anon, meaning urban myths! this book, coming out in 2007, i thought i was in for new material, stories from er doctors--like the real-life shows on cable these days. no! i read through in in 30 minutes! BORING!! maybe being an ER nurse, i am being hard o ...more
Rachel
The saying is "Don't judge a book by it's cover." If I had followed that rule, I would not have enjoyed the book nearly as much a I did. The graphics on the cover and its large-print vignettes mixed with factoids visual formatting is a dead give-away to the seriousness of the book. The only books printed like this are books for boys ages 8-12 to be purchased at school book fairs sometime between the latter half of the 1990s to now.

The short stories in this book are "small giggles" funny. It is a
Brian
This is one of the worst books I have read. It is merely a collection of short stories detailing the insanity that enters ERs daily. Most of these stories are from anonymous sources and resemble many medical urban myths. In addition, the stories lack any depth or writing skill. I read 3/4 of this book before I called it quits.
Bleah. Didn't care for this at all. After working on an ambulance and in an emergency room, I've heard most of these stories before. The bulk of them are urban legend. There are plenty of good books about the craziness of emergency medicine; this isn't one of them.
Meaghan
A quite typical collection of amusing hospital bloopers, quotes and urban legends. I don't think there's much here that's original; you'll find the bulk of these in other books and online as well.
Christie
I thought this book was funny. Being a nursing student I can see how some people would make those charting mistakes. It was a light, humorous read that had me laughing out loud at times.
Whiskey
Funny collections of stories. Charting mistakes were hilarious. All other parts could have been left out
Abraham Ray
nice book of er doctors!
Marianne
Marianne marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Marcia
Marcia added it
Apr 08, 2015
Robin Linore
Robin Linore marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Spencer
Spencer marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Jennifer Varnadore
Jennifer Varnadore marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Moira Mcglynn
Moira Mcglynn marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Hannah H.
Hannah H. marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Lara Takes Charge The Big Nasty Growing Up Hollywood - Tales From The Son of a Hollywood Mogul Growing Up Hollywood: Tales from the Son of a Hollywood Mogul If You Thought Your DIvorce Was Bad...Wait Until You Read This Book!