Start by marking “Una scomoda verità. La crisi del riscaldamento globale raccontata ai ragazzi” as Want to Read:
Una scomoda verità. La crisi del riscaldamento globale raccontata ai ragazzi

Una scomoda verità. La crisi del riscaldamento globale raccontata ai ragazzi

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  357 ratings  ·  56 reviews
La terra sta attraversando una grave crisi climatica. Se non interveniamo subito, la situazione è destinata a peggiorare. Tifoni e uragani saranno sempre più frequenti. Il livello dei mari salirà e molte città saranno sommerse. I ghiacci si scioglieranno e numerose specie animali, tra cui il pinguino imperatore e l'orso polare, spariranno per sempre. Ma c'è anche una buona ...more
Unknown Binding, Varia ragazzi, 192 pages
Published 2008 by Rizzoli (first published April 10th 2007)

Be the first to ask a question about Una scomoda verità. La crisi del riscaldamento globale raccontata ai ragazzi

Phuongpham
An Inconvenient Truth: the Crisis of Global Warming by Al Gore
Pg 1 to Pg 187
Question 10:
As i read today, many things supprised me that our global is threatened very seriously. I really supprised by how much Co2 you are emitting each year. We release CO2 in the atmosphere when we burn fossil fuels_oil, natureal gas, and coal used in cars, homes, factories, and power plants. Also the book talks about the rainstorms in India, the droughts in Asia and America. It is so dangerous for our Earth. Aft
Clifford
A typical book written by a politician. Gore does not refute opposing opinions to his claims, but instead portrays them as misguided or bought and paid for by big oil. If this is the best argument that those who support anthropogenic climate change, then it is no wonder that people are starting to jump ship and abandon the religious fervor of man-made global warming. To support such a theory, you must embrace the detractors and demonstrate with evidence why their argument is wrong. Gore presents ...more
Kate
Having just read a plethora of religious environmental books, I wasn't impressed by the scare tactics and doom and gloom of this message. There are lots of charts and graphs that were hard to understand, and it was mostly scientific points. I missed an underlying ethic or worldview that helps frame this crisis in a manageable way. It's fine to show us that a lot of bad things are happening, but we can't re-freeze the glaciers. Tell us the next step - the pro-active things we can do (other than c ...more
Colin Price
An accessible text for younger readers, relying far more on pictures and text feature than actual words (cumbersome words, who needs them anyway). I'm sure for anyone who has been living in a cave and doesn't know even the basics of the climate crisis, this would be an okay primer, but it stops short of having any real teeth to motivate change ("Okay Mr. Gore, I won't stand with the refrigerator door open so I can conserve energy. Now let me get back to listening to my iPod while playing Xbox Li ...more
Alison Lake
I just wasn't that into this book. The pictures and the graphics were very interesting and made the text make more sense, especially for teen readers. I just thought that his arguments (in this edition) were a bit oversimplified and certainly one-sided. I'm not saying that global warming is not a threat nor am I saying that I disagree with everything he writes in this book, I just didn't really enjoy the way he wrote it.
Rebecca McNutt
Al Gore, let me count the ways in which you've scared me...

Has Big Brother turned green? Why was this biased book in my school library?!?

I've never read a more biased book, not to mention it's expensive glossy full-color paper is a monument to Al Gore's hypocrisy... I looked up what was in the paper and ink of this book: loads of bleach, dyes, non-biodegradable acids and other little industrial time-bombs...

Al Gore, you sure are one hell of a loser.

Is it just me, or is it pathetic that humanit
Louie Hernandez
This you can say is a debate in whether Global Warming is true, and if we should do something about it. It shows recent Earthquakes, tsunamis and everything that has to do with natural disasters. What Gore states that Global Warming is a fact and that we have to do something about it or there will be more disasters to come. He explains to us of the rising sea levels that may be a disaster for Florida and New York. And well Gore may point out good point like the recent droughts, and the shrinking ...more
Jeanelle Seals
I thought that this book was great! It really showed me that everything we do to our earth, there is an impact even if it isn't near you. I liked all of the pictures and diagreams. The fact that it didn't have a lot of words, but instead it showed me with powerful pictures was exactly what I was looking for when it came to a book about the environment.
The book was about the effects of global warming. It shows and tells us that if we don't protect the planet we live on as soon as possible, then t
William
This book is paired with Ship Breaker. I was hoping that Gore himself did the narration, but Beau Bridges has a great voice, too. This book is a great introduction to global warming. It is engaging, funny, and insightful, all the things you thought Gore wouldn’t be. I was actually shocked at some of the facts and hope that our children heed the warning. Pairing this book with Ship Breaker lets the librarian sneak in some factual information to show that most science fiction has some science to i ...more
Franziska
At first I accidentally got the "simplified" version for younger kids. Now that I read the "real" thing, I may as well have stayed with the dumbed down version. There wasn't much difference. The book was more of a disappointment, since I expected a well-written documentation or something. It wasn't.
It was more of a picture book with some comments on simplified graphs and presentations. The only reason why I gave this book still 3 stars is because I feel that despite of its simplicity and (in my
Someone
I'm not too sure whether this is the version I got, but I'll write a review here anyways. My book says on the bottom "Young person's guide adapted from the award-winning film"
I really enjoyed reading the book. Has a lot of pictures to support his view. I am concerned of global warming and I do wish the humanity relied on more renewable resources like New Zealand.
Anyways, the only major complain that I have is the lack of links to scientific documents and reports. I guess I'm just used to the APA
Far
This was a important and engaging read, with vibrant pictures and facts to illustrate the imperative need to respect and save our planet.
Simon Thirsk
Every bookshelf should have this. And we should all plant a tree in thanks.
Bach
Lots of pictures and little words, excellent for light reading.
Hazel
I have to say I liked this book. The only thing I'd say is that it is clear that some of the statistics have been manipulated to prove a point - I realise this isn't a new concept and that the statistics probably are convincing in their own right but it seems like they've tried to push it to the limit to make them just that bit more convincing. Anyway, politics aside, it is a good book, and definitely makes you think about your impact on the earth and what we can all do as individuals, and as na ...more
Tameika King
This book explains what global warming is, what causes it, and the effects of global warming. Global warming is a climate crisis that can be very difficult to explain to younger readers. In this book, the language is at a level suitable for upper elementary students. I loved all of the photographs and diagrams included in the book. I think students can learn a lot from reading An Inconvenient Truth. Teachers can use this book while teaching about the environment in science lessons.
Jun 21, 2007 Jennifer rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who may not have time to read the adult version and children you might know
This was a great introduction to Al Gore's adult version of, An Inconvenient Truth. I read it in one sitting and learned a lot about changes in our environment and some of the politics involved that have possibly kept our government from moving forward on making more of an effort to alert the public on how they can help make positive contributions to creating a more sustainable environment. It will take you about an hour or so. Read it, please!
Caitlin
I don't mind admitting that I've read the middle-school version of this book, because I'm not all that into any kind of science and thus need very clear, relatively simple explanations of scientific things. So thank you, Al Gore. You've explained to me something I already sort of understood, except this time with charts, numbers, and illustrations that make the situation a little more immediate, comprehensible, and cogent.
Marco De La Rosa
This nice book from Al Gore is the dangerous facts about Global; Warming. This book shows great, igh quality pictures about ho wearth is changing. Al gore is trying to find out if global warming is being caused by earth it's self or is human kind(us)causin it? Other realted problems to glabal warming related to global warming is floods, tornadoes, drouts,etc.
Chrystal
Oct 12, 2008 Chrystal rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone.
This book makes me proud to have voted for Gore in the 2000 election. The book is powerful and moving. I am already a self-proclaimed environmentalist and this book only solidifies my passion and choices that I make. The book is pretty much a recreation of the movie - with the same graphics, quotes, stories and slides from the presentation.
Maggie
Nov 20, 2007 Maggie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ANYONE AND EVERYONE!
Whether you see the movie or read the book, this is amazing. Once you're done, it hopefully did its job and woke you up to the dangers of global warming. As he says, it doesn't MATTER what you support politically, global warming can and will affect EVERYONE in some way. Once you're done, you want to make a difference to stop this.
Armando Diaz
this book was great how al gore talks about global warming and shows the evidence on if it is or isnt man made.he shows picture and postcards.
it showed how new york would look if we continue our leaving trash on the floor that the north ppole is going to melt and flood new york it is a great book

Kirk Bower
I believe everyone should read this book. I don't care if you believe in global warming or not (Eventhough - it is happening), it is an area of our livelihoods that we can contro. I can't control if there are more wars, astroids hitting us, etc., but I can do things to change our environment for the better.
Nurul
Numpang baca di kantor temen...

Setelah sebelumnya lihat filmya, buku ini sih cuma sepertiga informasinya. Tapi memang cukup sederhana untuk dimengerti dan mudah2an membawa perubahan pola pikir bagi banyak orang. Kepingin deh ada buku jenis sama tapi mengupas kebenaran2 yang ada di negeri sendiri.
Hanna
This book is simple and right to the point, which is great for people who are uneducated on the subject of Global Warming. I am a HUGE advocate for advertisement of Global Warming and strive for career in education of this particular subject. The pictures are AMAZING and overall very good!!
Mr.
I use this in the eighth grade to teach persuasive writing and recognizing and author's purpose. I also use it because it is relevant and full of cool pictures. Get the adult version if you want to learn everything about global warming. Get this version if you want to learn a little.
Daniel
read this in an hour at the "loft" - I definitely say it's worth looking at (the last chapter is very practical - though no better than good website on personal impact). And for the "skeptics" out there, I would politely say..."get your head out of your arse, for pete's sake".
Emma Joelle
I used this book on my school project. I feel that the information provided was great and helpful; however I do believe that the topics within this book were a bit repetitive. I ended up getting an A+ on my essay, so the book passes 8th grade IB teachers standards.
Anika
I already knew most of what was explained in this book, but it was good to be reminded and there are some very impressive photos shown. The information given was very basic and it was a super fast read. In general it was an ok read with a very good message.
Barbara
This edition is great for kids. The material pulled from the original is age appropriate and with excellent use of the charts, graphs, etc. There are plenty of opportunities for parents and teachers to begin discussions, projects from this book.
  • Tracking Trash: Flotsam, Jetsam, and the Science of Ocean Motion
  • Kids On Strike!
  • Almost Astronauts: 13 Women Who Dared to Dream
  • The Race to Save the Lord God Bird
  • If Stones Could Speak: Unlocking the Secrets of Stonehenge
  • The Trouble Begins at 8: A Life of Mark Twain in the Wild, Wild West
  • The Elephant Scientist (Scientist in the Field Series)
  • The Dolphins of Shark Bay
  • With Courage and Cloth: Winning the Fight for a Woman's Right to Vote
  • Saving the Ghost of the Mountain: An Expedition Among Snow Leopards in Mongolia
  • The Obama Hate Machine: The Lies, Distortions, and Personal Attacks on the President---and Who Is Behind Them
  • Every Bone Tells a Story
  • It's a Jungle Out There: The Feminist Survival Guide to Politically Inhospitable Environments
  • The Monster: How a Gang of Predatory Lenders and Wall Street Bankers Fleeced America--and Spawned a Global Crisis
  • The Fox Effect: How Roger Ailes Turned a Network into a Propaganda Machine
  • Rebuild the Dream
  • Wheels of Change: How Women Rode the Bicycle to Freedom (With a Few Flat Tires Along the Way)
  • Breaking the News: How the Media Undermine American Democracy
Albert Arnold "Al" Gore, Jr. was the forty-fifth Vice President of the United States, serving from 1993 to 2001 under President Bill Clinton. Gore also served in the U. S. House of Representatives (1977–85) and the U. S. Senate (1985–93), representing Tennessee. Gore was the Democratic nominee for president in the 2000 election, ultimately losing to the Republican candidate George W. Bush in spite ...more
More about Al Gore...
The Assault on Reason An Inconvenient Truth: The Planetary Emergency of Global Warming and What We Can Do About It The Future: Six Drivers of Global Change Earth in the Balance: Ecology and the Human Spirit Our Choice: A Plan to Solve the Climate Crisis

“I actually thought and believed that the story would be compelling enough to cause a real sea change in the way Congress reacted to that issue. I thought they would be startled, too. And they weren't.” 4 likes