Start by marking “Goodness and Mercy” as Want to Read:
Goodness and Mercy

Goodness and Mercy (The Blessed Trinity Series #5)

4.55 of 5 stars 4.55  ·  rating details  ·  215 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Gabrielle Mercedes has dreamed of being a dancer since she was a little girl. But when her life takes a very different turn, it's not the future she'd envisioned for herself. Feeling a void she can't fill, she finds the salvation she's been seeking in church and decides to start anew. Learning that her church has a dance ministry, she's thrilled to have her first love back ...more
Published December 1st 2009 by Kensington Publishing Corporation

To ask other readers questions about Goodness and Mercy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Goodness and Mercy

Adrienna
Gabrielle Mercedes (Booker) takes us into her life story and experiences gradually but surely. There are many women like Gabrielle, who want to know God, regardless of their horrible past. They eventually shut those out of their lives who mean them no good, or only use them when they are doing good. She can hardly pay her bills, because once she gets saved she felt that she had to leave her job and all her past behind us. Some of us can take things in the Bible to the extreme but she knows that ...more
Sheena  at Hot Eats and Cool Reads
This is the second book I've read by Vanessa Davis Griggs in the last month, and I must say I am really digging her writing! This book is the first of two books in a series. I actually read the second one, The Other Side of Goodness first, not knowing there was a prequel.

Gabrielle Mercedes has had a rough life and it seems that all odds are against her. After almost losing her life from an attack late at night, after work as an exotic dancer, she decides to check out a local church. After atte
Lady Krystal
Wonderful book, it started out slow, but it picked up towards the middle. It was full of some unexpected things, but that's what made it interesting. With the way the book ended, there has to be a sequel, there were too many loose ends.
Notorious Spinks
Living a life comparable to Cinderella, Gabrielle Mercedes just wanted to dance. She vividly remembered the days when her mother would hold her as they danced. Those were the good days before that day. It was that day, when her life changed for the worse at the innocent age of three.

“I hope you know and appreciate what me and your uncle are sacrificing just so you don’t have to become one of those children without a real family, possible being abused, ” Gabrielle’s aunt Cee-Cee would remind her
Renee
An interesting read that explored the life of one woman's road after salvation. This book carried with it a common thread that God is with us at all times. I loved the way the author began each chapter with a scripture reminding the reader that God must be at the forefront of all that we do. And with Gabrielle, the main character, she made it plain and kept it real. No matter what the enemy threw her way, she stood her ground which is the foundation of faith. Although fictional, there is somethi ...more
Rhonda
The picture is painted well and the story leaves you wanting more! You will be able to relate to every situation whether it is romance, church people, unconditional love and even forgiveness. Ms Vanessa used the scriptures well and you can visualize yourself in the midst of the services as if you were sitting in the pew yourself. After reading Goodness and Mercy you will be able to walk away from your past, experience forgiveness and not allow others to hold your past against you. Get this book ...more
Diane Rembert
Gabrielle Mercedes has had a challenging early life, but has now decided to give her life to God. She is totally sold out, and is greatly challenged by the enemy. Thru it all, she refuses to give in to the enemy, and is greatly rewarded for it in the end.
I enjoyed this fifth installment of the Blessed Trinity series, and can't wait to see what word The Lord has for me in The Truth is the Light. Vanessa Davis Griggs is such an anointed writer, and I thank God for her ministry everyday.
Victoria
Plot:
Gabrielle has just dedicated her life to Christ. But as a new Christian she has to turn from the past. Sadly the the past doesn't want to let her go.

Characters:
Amazing characters that are totally realistic for those of us that I have gone to Church.

Overall Review:
Really great book with wonderful Christian messages. I really wanted to photocopy what the Pastor said about Christians participating in rumors. I really, really enjoyed this book.
Benzette
Overall a very good book. It didn't start out as fast as any of the others and it took me a minute to get into it, but it ended up getting really good and I couldn't put it down. I'm still having trouble remebering who Gabrielle was in any of the other books if she was in any of the other books. I think that's why I struggled in the first few chapter.
Carla Prout
May 31, 2010 Carla Prout added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: every woman of God...
Recommended to Carla by: my dear cousin, Angela L. Thomas
This is an awesome book, I was so moved by the everyday occurances in the story. I so love the scriptures at the top of every chapter. I have now set in motion to purchase every book she has written.
Barbara
I liked the story of a woman changing her life when she gave it to Christ. A little predictable in places and the main character was a little too old to seem so naive, but a Goodread nevertheless.
Phano
God can change anyone to become His child. It might seem hard but if you are faithful in your study, prayer life results can be seen. Don't compromise
stacie
fairly good read, but I wasn't a huge fan of Gabrielle. good moral story though, of how we are all sinners so none of us should cast the first stone...
Latanya
amazing work by vanessa davis griggs as always!! such a great author who leaves u thoroughly inspired & entertained! i loved every single chapter!
Wanda
I really enjoyed this book as well as all the books that Vanessa Davis Griggs has written in the Trinity series.
I look forward to the next book!
Westerville
Rhonda says, "The picture is painted well and the story leaves you wanting more!"
Ena Torres Almonte
Finding God after living for the world, it can be done!
Cicely
Started off slow, but became a pretty good read.
Evette Graves
Evette Graves marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Dekela O'Rear
Dekela O'Rear marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Abby
Abby marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Kay
Kay marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Krystal Williams
Krystal Williams marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Lashonda Smith
Lashonda Smith marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Gina Walton
Gina Walton marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Drashonta
Drashonta marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
  • Have a Little Faith
  • Lady Jasmine
  • Say Amen, Again
  • Holy Ghost Corner
  • Love Like Hallelujah (Hallelujah Love #2)
  • The Amen Sisters
  • Yesterday's Promise (Second Chance At Love #1)
  • What Kind of Fool
202330
Vanessa Davis Griggs is the author of novels: DESTIINY UNLIMITED, THE ROSE OF JERICHO, PROMISES BEYOND JORDAN, WINGS OF GRACE, BLESSED TRINITY, STRONGHOLDS, IF MEMORY SERVES and PRACTICING WHAT YOU PREACH, GOODNESS AND MERCY, THE TRUTH IS THE LIGHT, RAY OF HOPE,, REDEEMING WATERS, FOREVER SOUL TIES, THE OTHER SIDE OF GOODNESS, THE OTHER SIDE OF DARE, THE OTHER SIDE OF DIVINE and STEELY GRAY.

Visit
More about Vanessa Davis Griggs...

The Blessed Trinity Series (9 books)
  • Blessed Trinity
  • Strongholds
  • If Memory Serves (The Blessed Trinity Series, #3)
  • Practicing What You Preach (The Blessed Trinity Series, #4)
  • The Truth Is The Light (The Blessed Trinity Series, #6)
  • The Other Side of Goodness
  • The Other Side of Dare
  • The Other Side of Divine
Blessed Trinity Practicing What You Preach (The Blessed Trinity Series, #4) Strongholds (The Blessed Trinity Series, #2) If Memory Serves (The Blessed Trinity Series, #3) The Truth Is The Light (The Blessed Trinity Series, #6)