Start by marking “Uncommon Thief” as Want to Read:
Uncommon Thief

Uncommon Thief

A college student working part time as a bank messinger is framed for a huge bank robbery. When a Bank employee is found dead in the vault, Fred Fuller finds himself on trial for murder and must depend on his girlfriend and two high school buddies to prove him innocent.
Published January 15th 2011 by Top Publications (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Uncommon Thief, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Uncommon Thief

Gregandemy
Jun 21, 2011 Gregandemy rated it did not like it
Won this book from Goodread's giveaways and it just arrived today in the mail, along with an audiobook from Top Publishing. Thank you for both! I'm already a few chapters into Uncommon Thief and will post my review as soon as I finish.
Finished the book, only took two days so its a quick, easy read. the mystery story was somewhat interesting but a little predictable. I didnt enjoy the additional story line of new college student seeking sexual experiences.. It was too much and I couldn't get w
Dan
May 16, 2011 Dan rated it it was ok
It was a pretty cheesy book. It seemed to skip very quickly through potentially important events. I never became a fan of the main character, and definitely was not rooting for him.

Another issue was the obvious lack of proofreading and editing. There isn't one page in the book that doesn't have grammatical errors, misspellings, or incorrect word usage. It distracted from the already sub-par writing.

I couldn't recommend this book at all.
Rachel Sakitis
Dec 12, 2016 Rachel Sakitis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
I received this book free from Goodreads. This book is outstanding. When I first started reading it, I was unsure how interesting this book would be. Well it did not take me long to see. It is so full of suspense, I could not read it fast enough.

I would definitely recommend this book to all my reader friends.
Brenda Schneider
Dec 10, 2016 Brenda Schneider rated it really liked it
A fairly good mystery. A quick read. I won this book through Goodreads.
Suzi
Dec 09, 2016 Suzi rated it it was amazing
a delightful book with well fleshed out and interesting characters. thank you for this giveaway!
Melanie
Nov 29, 2016 Melanie rated it liked it
Shelves: contests
I won it in a contest and found it a good read. Interesting setting.
RETRODOLL
May 11, 2011 RETRODOLL rated it it was ok
I'm not sure whether the author intended for the central character, Fred, to be likable to the reader or not. He's an Eagle Scout, good student, and even worked for a local politician. But honestly, I did not find Fred endearing and I wasn't necessarily rooting for or against him. This is a problem; because the main plot revolves around him being falsely accused of murder. In a scenario such as this, I would think the writer would want the reader on the side of the accused, right? Dunno. But IF ...more
Robin
Jan 08, 2017 Robin rated it really liked it
Enjoyable book. A different style of a mystery, knowing who did it upfront but framing someone else. It was interesting to see how Fred (the framed guy) would be found not guilty. Lots of twists in the story that kept me reading and not wanting to stop.

There were quite a few errors (grammar and spelling) in the book so I assume this was a I corrected proof although it did not say that anywhere on/in the book.
Kate
May 21, 2011 Kate rated it did not like it
Shelves: first-reads
I was excited to get this book from Goodreads First Reads! Thank you!

I must say that the errors (grammatical, spelling, plot holes/errors) were incredibly distracting. So much so, I couldnt help showingthem to my husband and saying them aloud for a good laugh. For example, a girl is described as a brunette, then a few sentences later, she's blonde. Come on. Had it not yet been edited? I had a hard time focusing on the story, which to me, is why I enjoy reading.

Beyond that, I had a hard time roo
Cristy
I was fortunate enough to win a copy of UNCOMMON THIEF from a Goodreads First Reads giveaway, so thank you very much for that! Being a crime/mystery fan, I easily found myself caught up in the “uncommon thief” Frank Fuller’s life of a UCLA student and bank messenger, living in Southern California in the 1960’s.

The story starts out strong, setting up the scene for the bank heist and ends even better with a couple surprise twists. The plot its self is pretty much what you’d anticipate from a movie
Maria
May 18, 2011 Maria rated it liked it
It's the 1960s and Fred Fuller is a college student working part time as a messenger for BankUSA. He loves his girlfriend, Maria, but there's a blonde bombshell hitting on him at one of the banks. If that's not enough trouble, there's been a robbery and murder, and his fingerprints are all over the crime scene. Someone has planted one million dollars in his car, what should he do?

I found Uncommon Thief to be a fairly good book. The protagonist, Fred Fuller, was definitely a three dimensional cha
Terri
Apr 28, 2011 Terri rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Uncommon Thief is the story of Fred Fuller and how he managed to get himself wrapped up in a monumental bank robbery. Fuller was a messenger for the bank and got to know those that worked for the ban pretty well, including a seductive bank teller named Candy. When the money does missing, Fred's whole life begins to fall apart. Not only is he being accused of stealing the money, but he is also involved with Candy to the point where his girlfriend Maria could also get caught up in the whole situat ...more
Keith
Feb 27, 2015 Keith rated it did not like it
This has nothing in common with good mystery novels. What motivates the characters? Is the protagonist really not the sharpest bulb in the bag? The dialog never rings true. If a good mystery is like a scenic, twisting mountain road sport car enthusiasts dream of, this is a shortest path North American coast to coast highway with a strictly enforced speed limit of 45 mph. I got through it jumping from one inconsistency to the next, the only cognitive exercise available within these pages.

I recei
Kristin
May 04, 2011 Kristin rated it really liked it
I won a copy of this book from Goodreads first reads, I'm happy I got the chance to read it! It's a good book and I recommend it. It's a slightly quick (to me) but very good read. I liked how much detail he put into each character, it made them easier to relate too and made the characters more dimensional. The plot was slightly predictable (but I read a lot of books like this) but the ending was worth it all.

tl;dr: This book is well worth the read!
Lora Mays
May 02, 2011 Lora Mays rated it really liked it
Good, quick read! Definitely wanted to keep reading to find out what happened in the end, had some interesting twists and such, but in the end, it felt pretty predictable. I was waiting for that "WOW, really?!" moment. But, despite that, it was really good!
Patty
May 25, 2011 Patty rated it it was ok
Shelves: new-reads
Not a really tight work of suspense. Some of the parts of the protagonist's life choices were "like REALLY?" and the girlfriend...what was up with that. Nothing was very well constructed nor flowed to the next input. Sorry just didn't like it.
Rachelmae
Jun 24, 2011 Rachelmae rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book. Though i felt that reading the back cover ruined the entire plot for me. I expected some sort of twist in the plot that was not on the back cover, but that never came. Overall not a bad read, interesting story.
Minakshi
May 26, 2011 Minakshi rated it did not like it
Received this book through Goodreads First Reads giveaway. Unfortunately, the characters were 2 dimensional, and the story was flat and predictable.
Chloe
Chloe rated it it was ok
Apr 17, 2016
Amber
Amber rated it it was ok
Aug 26, 2015
Leah
May 13, 2011 Leah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this story. I was expecting so kind of twist but it was a good, easy, brainless read.
William Manchee
Jun 11, 2011 William Manchee rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jake
Jake rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2011
Lynn
Lynn rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2011
Jennifer rated it liked it
Jun 11, 2012
Edward Kalapinski
May 15, 2011 Edward Kalapinski rated it it was amazing
GREAT READ
Happy Bookaholic
Happy Bookaholic marked it as to-read
Nancy Black
Nancy Black marked it as to-read
Hien
Hien marked it as to-read
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Roberta
Roberta marked it as to-read
Tami Montano
Tami Montano marked it as to-read
Keeley
Keeley marked it as to-read
Judy
Judy marked it as to-read
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Mary Mickelson
Mary Mickelson marked it as to-read
Shawna
Shawna marked it as to-read
Vicky Riggio
Vicky Riggio marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2011
Patrick
Patrick marked it as to-read
Maxine
Maxine marked it as to-read
Dave
Dave marked it as to-read
Christine Yvonne
Christine Yvonne marked it as to-read
Kristal
Kristal marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2011
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2011
Jaime
Jaime marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2011
Ricky Watkins
Ricky Watkins marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2011
Beverly
Beverly marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2011
Christiana
Christiana marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2011
Brenda
Brenda marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2011
Kasey
Kasey marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2011
William Manchee is an attorney by trade and practices consumer law in Dallas with his son Jim. Originally from southern California, he now lives in Plano, Texas.
More about William Manchee...