Start by marking “Displayed” as Want to Read:
Displayed

Displayed (Purgatory Club #2)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  402 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Welcome back to Purgatory!

For too long Emerson tried to gain the attention of one man, with no luck. Until she discovers his secret—in a sex club. With a mask and a plan she goes after him and ends up unearthing her own secret desires.

Rio wants what he can’t have but isn’t about to ruin his life over it. Now a new woman has caught his eye and he longs to discover why she h...more
ebook
Published January 25th 2011 by Gypsy Ink Books (first published August 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Displayed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Displayed

Got Romance!  Reviews
Title: Displayed (Purgatory Series #2)
Author: Eliza Gayle
Heat Level: Scorching
Other: Dominance, Submission, Fetish, Exhibitionism. F/F play
Reviewer: Suki
Date: June 17, 2011

Welcome back to Purgatory!

Janet Juengling-Snell
This is the 2nd novella in the Purgatory Series, by Eliza Gayle.

This time around, we meet Emerson, who has a crush on her big brother’s friend Rio, since she was a teen. As much as Rio wants Em, he will never act upon his desire.

But she has a plan, to become a submissive at Purgatory, were Rio is a Dom. Wearing a mask, Em is going to be presented for auction. She is taking a big risk, what if Rio doesn’t bid. Has he even noticed her? What will happen when her mask is removed?

Rio has not just not...more
Steph
Eliza's Purgatory shorts are just that - little bites of sexy goodness that leave you wishing you have the whole candy bar instead. Displayed introduces us to Emerson and Rio. Em is Rio's best friend's little sister, but he sees her as more. Doesn't matter though - he knows it's hands off where she's concerned. Em, who's unwilling to accept that, hides behind a mask at the Purgatory Club where she's found Rio. On the night of her big reveal, she wants nothing more than to be chosen by Rio.

This...more
Aimee (Coffee Table Reviews)
This was a good story. Bit shorter than I would have really liked. I would have liked to see a little more tension between the two characters, I thought this could have made an excellent novel instead of a novella. But, the story was good. It was steamy, even if a bit rushed.

I read this out of order, Amazon doesn't really seem to care to put series orders on the kindle menu. But, it was enough to make me want to go back and read the one I missed.
Rida
The 'Purgatory Trio' of short stories are very well written BDSM erotica.

They are basically BDSM scenes that involve members of the Purgatory Club. The stories are well constructed and meet the challenge of short story writing.

The other two books are: Watch Me Hide and Touch Me, Tease Me, Whip Me.
Pam
Liked it, but way too short...
Ni_kii
Cecily Black
I really enjoyed this installment of the Purgatory series. I loved that Em went for what she wanted and I loved that Rio gave it to her. I like that these stories are more than just a sexual experience and have the potential to lead to something great. I also enjoy the slight connectedness of the characters as you read on.
Judith
Book Two in a three-part series of novellas based on "scenes" at the Purgatory Club and rooted in the BDSM lifestyle. Thought this story, like book one, was well written and yet felt that the bevity of the work detracted from telling the story fully. It is one reason that I have never really liked short stories or novellas. Ms Gayle is a very talented writer, but even her expertise is stretched in getting the point across or making all the aspects of the story hang together. Even extending this...more
Leslee Anderson
I guess my biggest complaint is that the novella was way too short. Quick sweet read. There isn't a lot a depth or connection for me. I enjoy Eliza Gayle's books so I enjoyed the tale but Em and Rio's was too short really get into the story.
Katherine O'Grady
Another quick, hot read.

Bought from kobo.
Charlene
Did not like the Katie/Em bit.
Becca
Short and sweet/hot. This story is about Emerson who's had a crush on her older brother's friend Rio since she was a young teenager. Now out of college she decides to go after him by putting herself up for auction at Purgatory, a BDSM club Rio frequents. Well written, and very hot.
Tia
I'd of liked a more complete ending but how it goes so far was pretty awesome. I liked the whole best friends with brother and falling in love with little sister novels. It was kinky.
~*~Happy Hour Prez~*~
I previously read this book but wasn't part of Goodreads at the time so I didn't log the dates....don't even ask me to try to remember.

To date, I have read this book 2 times.
Kathryn
I wish these books went a bit longer, but Ms. Gayle sure does hit the mark with them. Displayed is the perfect title for the story, and the characters make you smile.
Mary Cathie
D. Erotic lingerie, such as corsets, lacy underwear or stockings as examples-Kinky Kovers Challenge
Lirajean
Quick, kinky, but not much different than what is starting to feel like 100s of these stories.
Bungle Midnight Reads

Another good short story/quick read. Gayle is rather good with these quicj bed time reads!
Elaine
I really enjoyed this story. It was also nice to see continuity from Rope Dreams, Katie.
Patricia
Intense! I have no other words to describe it. But, I bought the series if that helps.
Danijela
I would love love to read a longer version of this story. It was so hot. Really hot.
Cyn Mistress Kitty
Way too short a story. It was ok but needed more character development.
ARe Cafe
A reading list selection in contemporary romance from TRS for AReCafe.
Emmi
Loved this, only wished it was longer and with more character background.
Christine
3.5 stars. HOT short story. Wished the books were all in one.
Julz
hot quick read. got to love the brother's friend storyline.
Shiela
I don't really like short short stories.
  • Bottoms Up (Come Again, #1)
  • Private Investigations
  • Reconstructing Meredith
  • A Little Harmless Obsession (Harmless, #3)
  • Maverick's Black Cat (The Boulevard, #1)
  • Protégée (Freedom Bound, #1)
  • Signed, Sealed & Delivered
  • Rite of First Claim (Diablo Blanco Club, #3)
  • Hurt Me So Good (The Connaghers #2)
  • My One
  • Tamed
  • Caught by the Master (Club Esoteria, #2)
  • Sweet Silence (Tygers, #3)
  • Deep in the Woods (Fortune, #1)
  • Kaylee's Keeper (Masters of the Castle, #2)
  • 31 Flavors
  • Grace's Final Submission (Locks & Chains, #1)
  • Yuletide Greetings (Taboo Wishes, #3)
After growing up in the South and dividing my time between Florida and North Carolina, I decided that 2012 would be my year for change. I rented out my house on the East Coast and convinced my family to join me for a wacky trip across the country. Now I write my romance books from a small island in the Pacific Northwest while contemplating our next home renovation project on the fixer upper we bou...more
More about Eliza Gayle...
Submissive Beauty A White Cougar Christmas Roped (Purgatory Club, #1) Play With Me (Pleasure Playground, #1) Tucker's Fall   (Purgatory Masters, #1)