Start by marking “Killing Game (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #7)” as Want to Read:
Killing Game (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #7)

Killing Game (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation #7)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  418 ratings  ·  14 reviews
The machinations of a new supervisor may have altered Gil Grissom's team of skillful CSIs, as Catherine Willows, Nick Stokes, and Warrick Brown are reassigned from the graveyard shift to the swing shift. That doesn't mean, however, that their paths will never cross. During the course of their separate investigations, the teams must unite again to investigate two distinct m ...more
Published November 1st 2005 by Pocket Star (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Killing Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Killing Game

Kat
Although this book features the change in the CSI dynamic - with Catherine, Nick and Warrick becoming swingshift, the introduction of Sofia Curtis and Greg become a CSI rather than a lab rat this book doesn’t feel all that different due to the two teams having to come together when two separate cases become one.

I enjoyed the fact that this novel offered some insight in to Grissom’s past through the rather interesting relationship that he is shown to have with Templeton. I also like the fact tha
Michael Prelee
As a fan of CSI, I look at the novelizations as an extension of the glory days of the series, when William Petersen was still starring. Max Collins does a great job here of capturing the feel the series had at that time. The novelizations allow writers to explore the characters in depth and show the readers a fair amount of introspection. The Killing Game is well worth a look.
Filip
This book was surprisingly good and enjoyable - as usually I don't trust tie-in novels. It wasn't a typical, classic whodunnit that I love so much, but neither are the CSI series like that. This book reflects the atmosphere of the series really well and is very faithful with the portrayal of the investigation - with not too much description provided for the science behind it - which is good, as it prevents it from being boring, as some things work better on screen that in writing.

The characters
Terri
It must be intimidating to write a CSI novel. After all, if you make a mistake with the science, everyone is going to note it. And the characters are well established.

That said, I think Mr. Collins did a very good job on this book. In keeping to the character's personalities and doing the research to make it credible.

As for the story, the swing shift heade by Catherine and the night shift headed by Grissom both catch cases in the same day. Investigations lead to connections between the two.

My f
Lynn
I liked the show during the Grissom years and find these books a great read.
Sian Wadey
Killing Game by Max Allan Collins

I'm a massive fan of CSI, and CSI:Crime Scene Investigation is my favourite, so when I realised there were accompanying books I leapt at the chance. Collins knows what the characters are like and how they speak. It's evident he's researched the show. It was great reading new stories about some of my favourite characters. Overall, they're a good, easy read that require practically no imagination because you already know the people and their history.
Mauri
Dear Mr. Collins - you can stop putting physical descriptions of the CSIs at the beginnings of each of your narratives. Anyone with a passing familiarity with the show knows that Jorja Fox is hot.

Enjoyable enough, though I wish everyone could get together and decide what is canon and what is not. All of the missed little details are starting to drive my nit-picking brain crazy.
Jennifer Wardrip
KILLING GAME is another enjoyable CSI story, although I found the actual plot to be a bit too predictable for my taste. However, I finished this story in a day, and was happy with the advanced character-development that this particular story held. If you enjoy CSI as much as I do, you won't be disappointed in reading these serialized novels.
Tonya
Reading this book was like watching the TV show in your own imagination! I could hear the music that is often played in the background and I could hear the voices of the actors as they portrayed their characters.
It was a good, quick read!
Ben
It's a 300 page CSI episode (Vegas, although the Miami edition might be better) with all the liberties taken in the print medium. Not going to win any prizes, but entertaining
Huey
not as good as the tv series, probably because i'm more used to watching the series on TV than reading them. But vivid description and intriguing story.
Taylor
Nov 29, 2008 Taylor rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: CSI lovers, especially those who heart Greg and Warrick.
Recommended to Taylor by: OCPL
It was good, but not as good as the others. If you want a really GREAT book, check out Cold Burn...I kid you not, best thing I've EVER read.
Jenni
A decent enough plot but very overwritten, especially for a tie in novel.
Samantha
Again, I really enjoyed this book. How the characters deal with being split into two groups showing how office politics feature in any organisation, and how Grissom, not a people person, deals with not playing into office politics. I enjoyed how they linked the crimes togther. This book for me was interesting all the way through, from the crime to solving it, there is never a dull moment in CSI Las Vagas.
Sherri F.
Sherri F. marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
H.J. Van
H.J. Van marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Shellii Huff
Shellii Huff marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Vera
Vera marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Hellen
Hellen marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Fletcher Durbin
Fletcher Durbin marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Brianna
Brianna marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
  • In Extremis (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #9)
  • Dead of Winter (CSI: New York, #1)
  • Riptide (CSI: Miami, Book 4)
  • Nevada Rose (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #10)
  • Headhunter (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, # 11)
  • Brass in Pocket (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #12)
  • Four Walls (CSI: New York, #4)
  • Forensic Science of CSI
  • Mr. Monk on the Road (Mr. Monk, #11)
12014
Received the Shamus Award, "The Eye" (Lifetime achievment award) in 2006.

He has also published under the name Patrick Culhane. He and his wife, Barbara Collins, have written several books together. Some of them are published under the name Barbara Allan.

Book Awards
Shamus Awards Best Novel winner (1984) : True Detective
Shamus Awards Best Novel winner (1992) : Stolen Away
Shamus Awards Best Novel nom
More about Max Allan Collins...

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Double Dealer (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #1)
  • Sin City (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #2)
  • Cold Burn (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #3)
  • Body of Evidence (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #4)
  • Grave Matters (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #5)
  • Binding Ties (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #6)
  • Snake Eyes (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #8)
  • In Extremis (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #9)
  • Nevada Rose (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #10)
  • Headhunter (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, # 11)
Supreme Justice Road to Perdition Bones Buried Deep (Bones, #1) The Mummy Sin City (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #2)