Start by marking “Heirs of the Motherland (The Russians, #4)” as Want to Read:
Heirs of the Motherland (The Russians, #4)

Heirs of the Motherland (The Russians #4)

4.15  ·  Rating Details  ·  818 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Eighteen years after the birth of his daughter, Count Dmitri Remizov returns to Russia from exile to claim the child he left behind. But Mariana, the image of her mother, Katrina, has been raised as a peasant. She is uncertain about her ability to take her rightful place as a countess of Imperial Russia.

Sergei and Anna, still hiding in Katyk, also face difficult decisions-
Published November 1st 1993 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Heirs of the Motherland, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heirs of the Motherland

Adelein
Aloitin koko Vallankumouksen vuosisata -sarjan lukemisen tämän ja kolmen muun viimeisen osan takia, koska Nikolai II:n hallitusaika kiinnostaa minua eniten. Vihdoinkin tässä osassa Nikolai kruunataan tsaariksi. Toisin kuin aikaisemmissa osissa, missä tsaarin murhaa suunnitellaan tiiviisti, tässä hallitsijan elämään viitattiin (minun harmikseni) vain silloin tällöin.

Annan sijasta nyt seurataan enemmän Katarinan tyttären Marianan elämää. Vaikka juoni olikin hieman saippuaoopperamainen, oli se ihan
Rachel
Jun 30, 2015 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a well-written and truly interesting historical subtly Christian novel, which is part of a series set in Russia. At this point in the series, the novels begin to focus on the 1890s and on into the 1900s. Also, the novels switch from being written by an authorial team of Michael Phillips and Judith Pella to being solely authored by Judith Pella, and while the series continues to be well done, it becomes less deeply detailed at this point. However, all of the characters are still well dra ...more
So we got this series, right? It's called The Russians, right? So what are we going to do with it? How about adding an American to the mix!

*FACEPALM*

Okay, I'm sorry but this really upsets me. These novels are supposed to be entirely about Russian history. Why do we need other countries coming in? If it was about Russians immigrating to America or the similarities between Russia and America during that time period or even a series from the start about an American learning to survive in Russia, th
Kw
Nov 27, 2014 Kw rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The ending was unremarkable, but a good story and I'll be starting the next one pretty soon! ;-)
Debbie
Jul 01, 2014 Debbie rated it liked it
3.5
Kristelle
Jan 07, 2010 Kristelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
This book was a good story and did a good job of transitioning to Marianna from Anna. I am waiting for more meat to the story that I think will come with the following books. I have enjoyed seeing the Marianna is a mixture of Katrina and Anna's personalities. It is a little sad that so many people are wanting to use Marianna for their own benefit.
Gayle
This is an excellent fiction series but the absence of former co-author Michael Philips is noticeable; I prefer his style of writing. Still I will finish the series because it's a good story and because I enjoy the historical research it contains.
Donna
Oct 10, 2011 Donna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just can't say enough about this series. I'll definitely be reading all of them but since I have to get them at the library, will wait to start the next one when my schedule's not quite so full.
Dana
I read this over 10 years ago. Judith Pella was one of my top 3 authors of the time. Christian historical fiction - a wonderful genre!
Michelle
good historical tie-ins, not all problems solved, not terribly exciting, continue Russia series
Brendi
Brendi rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2016
Janeen
Janeen rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2016
Julia Vedders
Julia Vedders rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2016
Brianna
Brianna marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Andrew Vickers
Andrew Vickers marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Jackie Thomas
Jackie Thomas rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2016
Jenn Daroza
Jenn Daroza marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Lidia
Lidia rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2016
Joy
Joy rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2016
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Pam
Pam added it
Jan 23, 2016
Rachel
Rachel added it
Jan 20, 2016
Pinkredible
Pinkredible marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
  • Travail and Triumph (The Russians, #3)
  • Nadia (Heirs of Anton, #2)
Judith Pella is a bestselling, award-winning author whose writing career spans two decades. Her in-depth historical and geographical research combines with her skillful storytelling to provide readers with dramatic, thought-provoking novels. She and her husband make their home in Scapoose, Oregon.
More about Judith Pella...

The Russians (7 books)
  • The Crown and the Crucible (The Russians, #1)
  • A House Divided (The Russians, #2)
  • Travail and Triumph (The Russians, #3)
  • The Dawning of Deliverance (The Russians, #5)
  • White Nights, Red Morning (The Russians, #6)
  • Passage Into Light (The Russians, #7)