Start by marking “Heirs of the Motherland (The Russians, #4)” as Want to Read:
Heirs of the Motherland (The Russians, #4)

Heirs of the Motherland (The Russians #4)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  717 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Eighteen years after the birth of his daughter, Count Dmitri Remizov returns to Russia from exile to claim the child he left behind. But Mariana, the image of her mother, Katrina, has been raised as a peasant. She is uncertain about her ability to take her rightful place as a countess of Imperial Russia.

Sergei and Anna, still hiding in Katyk, also face difficult decisions-
Published November 1st 1993 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Heirs of the Motherland, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heirs of the Motherland

So we got this series, right? It's called The Russians, right? So what are we going to do with it? How about adding an American to the mix!

*FACEPALM*

Okay, I'm sorry but this really upsets me. These novels are supposed to be entirely about Russian history. Why do we need other countries coming in? If it was about Russians immigrating to America or the similarities between Russia and America during that time period or even a series from the start about an American learning to survive in Russia, th
Kw
The ending was unremarkable, but a good story and I'll be starting the next one pretty soon! ;-)
Kristelle
This book was a good story and did a good job of transitioning to Marianna from Anna. I am waiting for more meat to the story that I think will come with the following books. I have enjoyed seeing the Marianna is a mixture of Katrina and Anna's personalities. It is a little sad that so many people are wanting to use Marianna for their own benefit.
Gayle
This is an excellent fiction series but the absence of former co-author Michael Philips is noticeable; I prefer his style of writing. Still I will finish the series because it's a good story and because I enjoy the historical research it contains.
Donna
I just can't say enough about this series. I'll definitely be reading all of them but since I have to get them at the library, will wait to start the next one when my schedule's not quite so full.
Dana
I read this over 10 years ago. Judith Pella was one of my top 3 authors of the time. Christian historical fiction - a wonderful genre!
Michelle
good historical tie-ins, not all problems solved, not terribly exciting, continue Russia series
Elisha Andres
Elisha Andres marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Marsha Kerr
Marsha Kerr marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Victoria Kenow
Victoria Kenow marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Peranna
Peranna marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Jody Pulcheon
Jody Pulcheon marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Cara
Cara marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
  • Travail and Triumph (The Russians, #3)
  • While Mortals Sleep
Judith Pella is a bestselling, award-winning author whose writing career spans two decades. Her in-depth historical and geographical research combines with her skillful storytelling to provide readers with dramatic, thought-provoking novels. She and her husband make their home in Scapoose, Oregon.
More about Judith Pella...

The Russians (7 books)
  • The Crown and the Crucible (The Russians, #1)
  • A House Divided (The Russians, #2)
  • Travail and Triumph (The Russians, #3)
  • The Dawning of Deliverance (The Russians, #5)
  • White Nights, Red Morning (The Russians, #6)
  • Passage Into Light (The Russians, #7)
Distant Dreams (Ribbons of Steel, #1) The Dawning of Deliverance (The Russians, #5) Written on the Wind (Daughters of Fortune, #1) A Hope Beyond (Ribbons of Steel, #2) Somewhere a Song (Daughters of Fortune #2)