Start by marking “A Convenient Wife” as Want to Read:
A Convenient Wife

A Convenient Wife (Montana Mavericks: Historicals #3)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  169 ratings  ·  14 reviews

All she wanted was a kitchen to run and a garden to tend
But when Doc Gray offered his name to her and the baby she carried, Ellie Mitchum was overwhelmed. How could she, a girl of "a certain reputation," ever be the kind of wife he needed--and deserved?
Winston Gray knew that Ellie was the answer to his prayers. His life required a woman's touch; she needed a man to prote...more
Published February 1st 2011 by Silhouette Montana Mavericks (first published November 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about A Convenient Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Convenient Wife

Jacqueline
Ridley
Written at a 5th grade reading level, full of anachronisms and way too over-reliant on external conflict. The romance is pretty much concluded by page 90. All that holds off the end of the book is a half-baked kidnapping plot and the birth of the baby.

I should knock this down to one star for its shameless treatment of American Indian themes. The secondary character Ruth is some kind of magical healer, mind-reader and future-seer, natch, and is used as a focal point of a patently ridiculous preju...more
Lisa Kay
★★★★✩ Sometimes simple and sweet is just my cuppa tea and this story is both those things – with the added bonus of having a touch of spice. Carolyn Davidson, a favorite author when I’m seeking turn-of-the-century rural America, didn’t let me down with this one. Her style and tone are subtle, and such that she weaves a sense of ambience into the everyday life of the characters; effortlessly bringing to life the setting in this period piece.

Built in 1897; a beautiful example of Queen Anne style a...more
Katrina Passick Lumsden
I didn't hate this book, but it was most definitely not my cup of tea. It was saccharine sweet and exuded the fumes of a Christian romance. There was some mild sexual content, so it wasn't clean, but damn close. My biggest complaint is that it was just so damn corny.
Ruth
Carolyn Davidson is the master of tender romances that make me fall in love with the hero. This book is no exception to this. The doctor is a good guy who sees a young pregnant woman who's been thrown out of her father's house. He offers her a place to work and stay and keeps his distance. The father of the baby returns and to protect her, the doctor marries her. What is great is that the hero was a virgin. They aren't that easy to find. What's even better is that the message of forgiveness and...more
Sasha
Really very sweet. A lovely heartwarming book.
May
It was nice

Hero is a doctor who is in dire need of a housekeeper he meets the heroine as a patient who needs his medical expertise later on he feel sorry for her and he offers to hire her as his housekeeper then things develop

-----------------------------------------------------

I love stories where heroine gets pregnant.
However I don't feel that much attachment here between the hero and heroine child
The kidnapping was too soon in the book for me

Angela
It was so much more than just a tale of a man needing a womans touch, Dr. Gray was honestly concerned for the girl who lived in his home. Concerned that the talk of the town would hurt her, worried that people would be mean. So he offers the only solution that he believes will settle the rumors and give the girl a permanent place to live. It is a riveting tale that I could again and again.
Marie
I really liked this book. I suppose it's the knight in shining armour idea of a man saving a badly treated woman from a terrible life. I like the chemistry between Ellie and Winston. I thought the story line was good, and I liked the character development. It's definitely a feel good book. And Carolyn Davidson was at her best for the steamy sex scenes.
Sophia
It was a sweet read, although with a few lengths in it. However I liked both of the protagonists and it was quite a cute story.
Christopher
Well literature it is not, but A Convenient Wife does offer a sweet and fairly wholesome romance on the frontier.
Kathryn
good book. Not a waste of time. Nice for one that wasn't as emotional as some of the others I've read recently. :)
Kira
The only excuse for this book having been written the way it was, is if the author was a blind drunk.
Janet
Pretty mucked up plot ... with gazillion couples from former books. OK, just ok.
J
J marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Karen Littlejohn
Karen Littlejohn marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
E.v. Sage
E.v. Sage marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Jaclyn
Jaclyn marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
abhishek sati
abhishek sati marked it as to-read
kindleda
kindleda marked it as to-read
Kindle_tester
Kindle_tester marked it as to-read
  • His Secondhand Wife
  • Two Texas Hearts
  • Winter Woman
  • The Way Home
  • The Barefoot Bride
  • A Taste Of Heaven
  • Colorado Dawn (Runaway Brides, #2)
  • The Borrowed Bride (Seavers Brides, #1)
  • Montana Mavericks Weddings
  • Texas Twilight (McCutcheon Family, #2)
  • Her Hesitant Heart
  • Lily and the Major (Orphan Train, #1)
  • Maverick Wild (Wild, #2)
  • Shotgun Wedding
Carolyn Davidson began writing in 1986, knowing absolutely nothing about the craft. Her first three books were rejected by Harlequin.

She met Dixie Browning at a Harlequin dinner in Charleston, South Carolina, and told Dixie she was writing, but that she feared she was too old to begin such an undertaking. Dixie's response spurred Carolyn to pursue her dream. Dixie said, in her own inimitable fashi...more
More about Carolyn Davidson...
The Midwife The Wedding Promise Redemption Big Sky Grooms (Montana Mavericks: The Historicals) Eden