Start by marking “The Eat-Clean Diet Stripped: Peel Off Those Last 10 Pounds!” as Want to Read:
The Eat-Clean Diet Stripped: Peel Off Those Last 10 Pounds!

The Eat-Clean Diet Stripped: Peel Off Those Last 10 Pounds!

Getting rid of the last 10 pounds is the hardest part of losing weight because your body wants to hang on to them. So many people exercise and eat right, but those pounds refuse to budge and they have no idea why! Author Tosca Reno shares the slim-down secrets of fitness models and celebrities, teaching readers how to finally lose that last 10 pounds and keep it off for ...more
Published March 16th 2011 by Ballantine Books (first published March 15th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Eat-Clean Diet Stripped, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Eat-Clean Diet Stripped

Lisacheeze
Mar 18, 2013 Lisacheeze rated it it was amazing
I'm using this to get back on track with eating health!
Torzilla
Jul 22, 2015 Torzilla rated it did not like it
I've reached a point of pure desperation when it comes to shedding these last few inches on me. I don't care so much about weight (especially knowing that muscle weighs more), but the inches are a whole different story. For the past two and a half months, I've been doing p90x and have noticed quite a change in comparison to simply doing zumba for 30 minutes 3-4 times a week; I can not only do a crapton of pushups (at least 30 REAL ones), but I also have muscle!

...you'd think that would be enoug
Kim
Aug 14, 2011 Kim rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
OK - I probably need to lose more than ten pounds but this was still a good read. I didn't get to try any of the recipes before I had to return it to the library. I think it's helpful to read books like this occasionally just to tweak and make gradual improvements in my diet and that of my family. Last time I read a book by the same author was shortly after Parker was diagnosed with MCAD and I gave up fast food. This time I'm giving up chocolate bars and trying to include vegetables at every ...more
Megan Sanchez
Sep 14, 2012 Megan Sanchez rated it liked it
Not my favorite of her Eat-Clean series, but still very motivating. Generally, once you've read the first Eat-Clean book, you have all the information you need to start working towards eating and living that life style. I would mostly count on any of the subsequent books for motivation and recipes. Some of them in this title are DELICIOUS, while others are just a little too out there for me to even try. I love the layout of these books and definitely suggest skimming at least one of them to ...more
Gina
Aug 07, 2015 Gina rated it liked it
It was good. I have been reading about making better (clean) food choices so the information wasn't a huge surprise. If you have zero knowledge about nutrition, this is a good book to start with. While some of the recipes look delicious, some seem to call for odd ingredients my local market does not carry. In addition, I work full time and attend college classes so making yogurt cheese is just not something I have time for. In addition, I worry about the extreme restrictions she has regarding ...more
Alex
May 02, 2015 Alex rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help
I really liked it. This is the book that kick started my passion for health and fitness. It lays everything out in a simple way that makes complete sense. Feeding your body right is the best way to feel great and look great. It was an easy read and there are tons of tips and guides for helping the reader get started with eating a clean diet. There are meal plans, recipes and even exercise routines included. I definitely recommend it if you're looking for a healthy lifestyle change, And even if ...more
Samantha
Jul 26, 2011 Samantha rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Overall a great plan for a revolutionized way of looking at food. I do like that Tosca makes no bones about the fact that what you eat impacts the way you look more than anything else. Sometimes I try to convince myself that if I just work out then all will be good, but it's just not true. Tried some of the recipes and mist are good, but more complicated than recipes from the Eat Clean cookbook (which if you are a vegetarian/vegan is excellent).
Angeline
May 10, 2011 Angeline rated it liked it
This was pretty good. The workout and eating plans are simple and to the point and it had a vegetarian plan! Sweet Pickles! The eating plan is based on whole real foods which is awesome. There wasn't a lot of new information here from her other books. The Cooler 1 Plan is a little more varied than her previous book. As usual, there are some tasty recipes as well. Sleek design, easy to read, motivating and inspiring. I especially appreciated the chapter on The Next Step and Self Sabotage.
Stephanie
Feb 24, 2012 Stephanie rated it liked it
This was a great read and very inspiring. Well, I should revise that: Reno has some great ideas and good tips, but I haven't yet felt the drive to change what I am currently doing, so I guess it wasn't that inspiring after all. I have lofty intentions of eating even healthier, but I'm not a nut and I refuse to eat healthy all of the time. Yes, I refuse.
Kristen MacGregor
Oct 13, 2013 Kristen MacGregor rated it it was amazing
The best of all of her books- the only downfall is that it isn't exactly clear on a few things, like does she allow any bread? She talks about whole grain products, but by the look of her cooler plan it looks like she doesn't allow any grains. A lot of the tips she gives to lose those last 10 pounds make sense though and I'll be implementing several!
Suzanne
Jan 02, 2013 Suzanne rated it liked it
New Year's Resolution time! Peel off those last 10 pounds, indeed. Probably won't follow all the meal/menus as I am not as "fancy" an eater as Ms. Reno. But I think I can follow the Cooler 1 / Cooler 2 ideals and still get off the last 15 (or 20 if I really want a buffer). My goal is to get to 19-21% bodyfat. I'm at 26%. 20 pounds should do it.
Angie
Dec 19, 2011 Angie rated it really liked it
I started reading this book on accident (really).. But I'm now a Tosca fan! I knew a little about Clean Eating before, but now I really get it and am trying to make better choices for me and my family. I'll read her other books too- they're great for staying inspired!
Mandy
May 13, 2012 Mandy rated it it was amazing
I'm a fan of all of Tosca's books. This plan is helping me to tone and tighten everything up just a little bit more. Eating clean has truly changed my life.
Mrs. Dolin
Apr 23, 2011 Mrs. Dolin rated it liked it
Good review if you have read any of her other books. I still think the recipes use hard to find ingredients.
Serena
Oct 05, 2011 Serena rated it really liked it
Pretty good book with awesome eating tips and exercise tips. I couldn't help yelling "Yeah Right!" at the part where she said no alcohol though. :-)
Dayini
May 16, 2011 Dayini rated it really liked it
Shelves: at-home
A great "diet" version of the ECD (which is a healthy way of eating and living, not a short-term weight loss diet).
M Lee
M Lee rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2015
Deborah
Deborah rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2012
Tamara Reisch
Tamara Reisch rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2013
marcie bradley
marcie bradley rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2015
Karen Knoke
Karen Knoke rated it liked it
Nov 24, 2014
Amy Dalrymple
Amy Dalrymple rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2011
courtney poddig
courtney poddig rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2014
Melissa
Apr 14, 2013 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Always love her books. I had to reread this one!
Kelly Sloan
Kelly Sloan rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2015
Charmaine
Charmaine rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2013
stephany snow
stephany snow rated it it was ok
Dec 26, 2013
Carrie-rana
Carrie-rana rated it liked it
Apr 09, 2013
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2012
Chris Dejean
Chris Dejean rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Biggest Loser Cookbook: More Than 125 Healthy, Delicious Recipes Adapted from NBC's Hit Show
  • Living Gluten-Free for Dummies
  • The Clear Skin Diet: How to Defeat Acne and Enjoy Healthy Skin
  • Chicken Soup for the Prisoner's Soul: 101 Stories to Open the Heart and Rekindle the Spirit of Hope, Healing and Forgiveness (Chicken Soup for the Soul)
  • You Are What You Eat: The Plan That Will Change Your Life
  • Wife Is a 4-Letter Word
  • Shakti Mantras: Tapping into the Great Goddess Energy Within
  • Healthier Without Wheat: A New Understanding of Wheat Allergies, Celiac Disease, and Non-Celiac Gluten Intolerance
  • Fool for Love
  • He Just Thinks He's Not That Into You: The Insanely Determined Girl's Guide to Getting the Man that She Wants
  • Sticks, Stones, Roots & Bones: Hoodoo, Mojo & Conjuring with Herbs
  • Healing Depression the Mind-Body Way: Creating Happiness Through Meditation, Yoga, and Ayurveda
  • Be Your Own Shaman
  • The Water Secret: The Cellular Breakthrough to Look and Feel 10 Years Younger
  • Living Vegetarian for Dummies
  • I Used to Miss Him...But My Aim Is Improving: Not Your Ordinary Breakup Survival Guide
  • Radical Acceptance: Guided Meditations
  • Clutterfree
Former overweight Canadian woman. Now an expert on dieting and an columnist for Oxygen magazine.
More about Tosca Reno...