Start by marking “Demon Song” as Want to Read:
Demon Song

Demon Song (Blood Singer #3)

4.11  ·  Rating Details ·  3,952 Ratings  ·  173 Reviews
In a world where bloodthirsty vampires roam the night and street corner psychics have real powers, bodyguard Celia Graves always thought she was an ordinary human—but that was never true. By ancestry, she's half-Siren. A vicious vampire attack has turned her into a creature who finds sunlight painful and must take all her food in liquid form—but who still possesses a human ...more
Published October 4th 2011 by Tor Books (first published March 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Demon Song, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Demon Song

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

So here's the thing about DEMON SONG . . .

Before this rerereread, it was my favorite book in the BLOOD SINGER series (thus far). It was actually one of my favorite installments of an urban fantasy series ever.

BUT.

This time around . . . not so much.

Before I get into the specifics, I need to emphasize a qualifier or three:

1. I still feel that the basic plot line is fantastic.

Demon hell gate, Atlantis, JOHN-effing-CREED . . . Seriously, what's not to like?

2. Escal
Steph
Demon Song , the 3rd book in Cat Adams' Blood Singer series, finds Celia still coping with her fight to not go full vamp, while also dealing with the demon that just won't leave her alone and her recently discovered heritage. Troubles a brewin' and she finds herself smack in the middle of it.

The action in this series is non-stop. Trouble follows Celia around, but the girl carries some major weapons, many hopped on magic and always gets the job done. This addition to the series has a bit more r
Teea
Jun 05, 2011 Teea rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
This series is a "turn your brain off" series. Don't look for incredible writing, deep engaging characters, or a plot line that leaves you breathless. It's predictable, and cliche at every turn. Just like an episode of Buffy or Dark Angel. Sometimes it was quite painful to read. Overall, I'd give it a "meh" and would not recommend it.However, sometimes it's nice to succumb to mind numbing fluff.
Liv
Mar 21, 2011 Liv rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This novel was a continuation of Celia's adventures, picking up immediately after book #2 in the series. I was originally disappointed with book #1, but I thought that overall the series had progressively improved and became more interesting as we followed the storyline.

There were lots of actions and adventures, and I was quite happy that I saw some character growth in Celia. It was clear that she was well aware of her developing siren abilities, and meanwhile she worked hard to keep her vampire
Leah Bosward
Nov 06, 2016 Leah Bosward rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, so I'm reviewing this when I was on page 324. This book centres around Celia dealing with normal life and oh a mental facility filled with supernatural creatures that demons have overrun. If that doesn't draw you in, Celia's love life starts to heat up after the last two books not being so filled with it. I really forgot how much I loved this series. Celia is a kick ass Part Vampire, Part Siren. Human in a world filled with supernatural creatures such as werewolves, demons and so much more ...more
Kathy
Apr 13, 2012 Kathy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Demon Song

I strongly recommend you read the previous books in the series (Blood and Siren Song) prior to reading this installment.

This is one of those dark urban fantasy series that is just serious enough to keep my attention and just dark enough to not be considered urban fantasy lite or young adult.

The story started off with a bang, however, I still had a little bit of a hard time getting into this installment. It felt like the author was playing it too safe; Celia is only half everything but
Jessica(Spinecracker)
Originally Posted at http://thespinecracker.blogspot.com/

Just when I thought I couldn't be more impressed with the writing duo known as Cat Adams, I'm surprised by them yet again. Demon Song comes on the scene to inject the story-arc with fresh plot twists, new character revelations, and a little more fun.

If you've read my reviews of the two previous books in the series, you'll know that Adams' stacked plots and rich character development is some of the best out there, and there's cert
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

*Spoilers for previous books in this series*
DEMON SONG masterfully juggles multiple storylines all revolving around the cool-as-they-come Celia Graves who by this book is a bodyguard who has survived a vampire attack, learned she’s a half siren princess, and discovered that she has an unliftable demon death curse.

As with the previous Blood Singer books, DEMON SONG is masterfully plotted. Every moment, character, and discovery has a significant purpose.
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Breia "The Brain" Brickey for TeensReadToo.com

Being around Celia Graves is hard - heck, BEING Celia Graves is even harder.

Celia is getting used to being a half-vampire siren. As if that wasn’t enough, she has faced off against both a Siren Queen and a demon who wants her dead, and she’s done all of this while dealing with a heart that's been broken twice by the same man.

Just as we think Celia may get a little rest, she learns that an ancient rift between a demon dimension and our own
Ayla King
Aug 21, 2011 Ayla King rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy
In a world where magic is real and the supernatural is almost normal, bodyguard Celia Graves has survived a vampire attack which made her a half-vampire and awakened her latent Siren abilities. She's battled a Siren Queen to the death and twice faced down a demon that wants to kill her--slowly. She's also had her heart broken--twice--by her old flame, magician Bruno DeLuca.

Perhaps the worst thing was the discovery that Celia's life has been warped by a curse laid on her during childhood--the cau
Kathy Martin
Feb 05, 2011 Kathy Martin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Celia is balancing two (or maybe 3) boyfriends and a greater demon. Of course, she is also battling her siren heritage and a possible end of the world scenario. Along the way she has to manage her vampire needs and help her friends get over major trauma. This was an action packed adventure and the end indicates that more adventures are on tap for Celia too. The story was exciting and entertaining with lots of danger.
Melissa
May 02, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: uf
Another solid entry in the series.

I am not usually a triangle love interest kind of person but I really didn't mind it in this story since she wasn't all angsty about it. It is what it is and both men know about it and Celia knows at some point she will have to pick one. Also since this is UF, it is not the focus of the story.
Dan
Jun 10, 2012 Dan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So many works of fiction develop impossible romantic triangles which stretch on for ages, long after any sane group of people would have either moved on or else declared polyamory. There are hints of the latter here, but I doubt they will come to much.

The romance-novel thing has so far been tidily contained in subplots. I'm hoping that continues.
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Dec 29, 2011 Rachel- Goodbye Borders rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2013
Great cast of characters, lots (and I mean lots) going on! Celia loses people close to her, makes new friends, and the love triangle is a go. Not crazy about those, but in this book it works. FYI- book ends on a mild cliffhanger- but it's not one of those "OMG!!" moments.
Brianna
very good. Picks up right where Siren Song left off. and it has a love triangle with Bruno, Celia and John Creede. I really can't wait if there is another book in this series (which i am hoping), if not , oh well.
Aven McNab
Overall a 3.5 or 4. The ending was a little cheesy.
Kathy Davie
Jul 10, 2012 Kathy Davie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, urban
Third in the Blood Singer urban fantasy series about a full-human bodyguard-turned-vampire/siren/human.

My Take
Oh, I cannot believe that Emma actually said that! Especially after the events in Siren Song ! W. T. F!

It's just too cute—and thank god for friends—how Dawna and friends keep an eye on Celia's food intake. The romantic action also heats up in Demon Song. With Creede, Bruno, and Gaetano. With some very interesting graphic displays! Certainly none I've ever come across…*chuckling as I th
Ale
Estos libros no son particularmente obras maestras literarias pero hacen el trabajo y te entretienen. Cuando llegas al libro 3 o 4 de una saga ya pretendes terminarla ya que has invertido más tiempo y ya conoces mejor a los personajes.

La trama de este libro no fue mala, simplemente fue apurada. Con un poco más de tiempo hubiesen podido desarrollar cada evento y también separarlos (es un blur las cosas que pasan)

Creo que aprovecharé y terminaré con esta saga y veremos que pasa :)

Nico
May 19, 2017 Nico rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This series was incredibly choppy and did not really develop it's main character. I found that the reader found out about most of the things by learning about them after they happened and not during. We were very much told instead of shown. I detested Bruno's character and read to the reviews of the next couple of books to see if this ridiculous love triangle goes on and who, if anyone, she choose. I was sorely disappointed and will be tapping out from this series.
Debra
Jan 18, 2017 Debra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let's see. The spa with Celia's friends was nice, the wine tasting was really hot, the world is coming to an end and she has three really hot guys to choose from. Whew!!! Love this series!! Highly recommend!
Shelley
Rating: 3.5 Stars

**Review** Demon Song is the third book in the Blood Singer series by the writing tandem known as Cat Adams. It features Celia Graves as a bodyguard by trade, who was attacked by a bat (vampire) in Blood Song, and turned into a creature that is not quite human, but not fully vampire either. She was dead yes, but she retains her humanity, even though it’s predicted that she will eventually slip up and drink human blood by accident, intent, or simple biology of being a vampire.

Sh
Jenn
Nov 29, 2011 Jenn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I discovered the Blood Singer series a couple months ago, thanks to Tynga’s post about a blow-out sale at bookcloseouts.ca a while back. It’s such a fantastic site that, incidentally, has free shipping right now -- for a limited time only -- so go check it out, my fellow Canucks!

With each book, I love the Blood Singer series even more. I wasn’t sure I could love Celia and her world more but I was thrilled by Demon Song. The two ladies (C. T. Adams and Cathy Clamp) who write as Cat Adams have don
Kale
Sep 22, 2011 Kale rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dynamic Duo Cat Adams returns with the third installment of their Blood Singer Series, Demon Song. While I think this series is a real quiet dark horse of the paranormal set, things seem to be getting a bit overly complicated in Celia Graves' world. The story opens with a seemingly normal day of shopping. But quickly Celia is recruited to help save Kevin from an unlawful imprisonment at the Zoo, the paranormal prison. Kevin is captured after staging a breakout for his girlfriend, whose own inves ...more
Habrewer
Jan 24, 2011 Habrewer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Demon Song by Cat Adams
* I received a copy of this book from Tor Publishing in exchange for an honest review*

Demon Song picks up right where Siren Song left off. We are transported back into Celia’s world where we’ve come to expect the unexpected. Celia is still struggling with the task of figuring out why Vicki left all that money to Mick, while keeping her friends safe and running her business.

The demons have taken over the California State Paranormal Treatment Facility, aka “the zoo.” The hea
JJ DeBenedictis
This book is really great trash, and I say that with genuine affection. It's nothing akin to fine literature, but it's perfectly engaging fluff, and I enjoyed it despite some serious shortcomings, such as the fact I couldn't have told you what the plot was until about 2/3rds of the way through the book.

The book abounds with scenes that are campy good fun but don't necessarily propel the story in any sensible direction. That scary old vampire guy -- what happened to him? Apparently there was no
Danielle
Oct 06, 2010 Danielle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Disappointments: Don't get me wrong, I love this series but this book was somewhat disappointing. I think a lot of things were touched upon and just glossed over. For example, what a VASO was and who was Kevin's Vaso. Also, who Edgar was working for - one minute he's in the story threatening Celia and next minute he just completely disappears. No more mention is made of Edgar eventhough he was the first one to mention the ever so important "artifacts" that Celia needed to save the world. These a ...more
Cathy
I should have written the review when I finished, it would have been more detailed. But what I can say is that although the series in general and this book specifically is fast-paced and pretty-much fun, there are a lot of irritations. The authors do stupid things like making a huge point in book two of having Celia give her incredibly valuable knife that's the only thing in the world that can kill a siren other than jealousy to the siren queen, a knife that took Celia's ex, one of the most powe ...more
Kaori
Nov 08, 2010 Kaori rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everybody
Loved the new twists in this book. I think that the series just keeps getting better and better. The interaction between Celia and John is just espectacular, although I was really pining over Kevin being the bad-assed werewolf mate for her, but then again, John is no slouch in the wooing department (geez, just the mention of how his power "crawls over her skin and makes her shiver all over" just makes me root for him harder!!). I'm still not sure about how I feel about Bruno, thinking back on th ...more
Debbie
Apr 27, 2014 Debbie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have to say I think this was the best so far. There was a great story and some great action.
I'm loving the relationship that is brewing with John Creed. I think it could go places. He accepts who she is and even helps her with gadgets and missions.
It's good that Bruno has apologized, but I don't believe he will change. As Celia said he is used to the female being at home raising the kids and running the house not running around fighting demons and protecting lives. I'm glad that Celia has ac
Becca
This book was a great addition to this series. Celia is in California trying to get back to normal after all that happened in the previous book. Two of her closest friends betrayed her and now she is forced to help rescue one of them or he will die. This is just the start to a none stop of bad events for Celia. A demonic rift is being opened and it can't be contained much longer, Celia must rush to figure out how to close it especially when the only other time this has happened an entire place w ...more
Cecila and the werewolf 2 12 Oct 28, 2013 12:20AM
  • Black Night (Black Wings, #2)
  • Chosen (Anna Strong Chronicles, #6)
  • The Hour of Dust and Ashes (Charlie Madigan, #3)
  • Silver-Tongued Devil (Sabina Kane, #4)
  • Killing Rocks (The Bloodhound Files, #3)
  • Secrets of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #3)
  • Shadow City (Horngate Witches, #3)
  • Hellforged (Deadtown, #2)
  • Another Kind of Dead (Dreg City, #3)
  • Everdark (Dark Ink Chronicles, #2)
  • Vicious Grace (The Black Sun's Daughter, #3)
  • Wicked Circle (Persephone Alcmedi, #5)
  • Raven Cursed (Jane Yellowrock, #4)
This is the pen name of Cathy Clamp and C.T. Adams (co-authors of the Thrall trilogy and the Sazi series published by Tor). They created this name to write under to make it easier for new fans (or old) to find them on the book shelves.

More about Cat Adams...

Blood Singer (8 books)
  • Blood Song (Blood Singer, #1)
  • Siren Song (Blood Singer, #2)
  • The Isis Collar (Blood Singer, #4)
  • The Eldritch Conspiracy (Blood Singer, #5)
  • To Dance With the Devil (Blood Singer, #6)
  • All Your Wishes (Blood Singer, #7)
  • The Blood Singer Novels