Start by marking “Fashion Kitty and the B.O.Y.S.: (Ball of Yellow String)” as Want to Read:
Fashion Kitty and the B.O.Y.S.: (Ball of Yellow String)

Fashion Kitty and the B.O.Y.S.: (Fashion Kitty)

It's hard to believe, but Fashion Kitty is in danger, who is the villian?
Is it a jealous kitty?
Is it a boy kitty?
Is it an inventor kitty?
Is it a kitty full of trouble?
Yes Yes Yes And Yes
Sometimes even a superhero needs a helping paw.
Lucky for Fashion Kitty, she's not the only hero in town.
Published October 4th 2011 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Fashion Kitty and the B.O.Y.S., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fashion Kitty and the B.O.Y.S.

Erin Reda
Nov 17, 2014 Erin Reda rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novel
The book Fashion Kitty and the B.O.Y.S. is about a cat and her family. They have a pet mouse, but it's okay they don't eat the mouse because they are vegetarians. In this book in the series Kiki was blowing out candles on her birthday when all of a sudden a shelf came crashing down and fell on her head. It was at that moment that she changed from normal kitty to superhero Fashion Kitty. The teachers at the school, including the librarian come up her a t-shirt fashion show idea. Each student in t ...more
Katie Fitzgerald
Fashion Kitty and the B.O.Y.S. is the fourth volume in Charise Mericle Harper's Fashion Kitty series. While the first three books were graphic novels, told entirely in comic book format, this fourth volume is more of a hybrid between a graphic novel and a chapter book. It took me a chapter or two to adjust to the new format, but after that, I grew to like it.

In this book, Fashion Kitty has a new nemesis, Leon Lambaster III, who comes from a family of inventors. Fueled by his desire to create an
Emma
Nov 29, 2011 Emma rated it really liked it
What do marshmallows, yellow string, the Eiffel tower and Super Sticky Spray have in common? Not much really, except that they all have a key role in Fashion Kitty and the B.O.Y.S (Ball of Yellow String (2011) by Charise Mericle Harper.

Fashion Kitty and the B.O.Y.S. is Fashion Kitty's fourth adventure, but it is my first experience with the fashion forward cat whose family has two secrets: (1) they have a pet mouse and (2) Kiki Kittie is now a superhero called Fashion Kitty.

Although the content
Erica
Reviewing for Net Galley

Fashion Kitty is back and her fans will still love her.

In an illustrated novel format Fashion Kitty has a new challenge. Leon Lambaster III, who comes from a long line of inventors, creates the CKF club (Catch Fashion Kitty), he even designs his own t-shirt.

Then the teachers, including the librarian, come up with a t-shirt fashion show idea. They want the kitties at school to design their own t-shirts based on something they've read in a book.

One day, Kiki (aka Fashio
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
Fashion Kitty to the rescue! When the school t-shirt fashion show idea brings out an "evil mastermind" set on stopping Fashion Kitty, will she be able to foil his plan before it's too late or get caught in his string filled trap?

This is the first book I've read in the Fashion Kitty series, and I can see why this series is so popular. Fashion Kitty is hard not to love. In this particular story Fashion Kitty aka Kiki Kittie has to foil the plan on grouchy kitty, Leon Lambaster III, who's out to ca
Peg
Mar 09, 2012 Peg rated it really liked it
In this fourth installment about Kiki Kittie, aka known to readers as super-hero Fashion Kitty, she must come to the rescue of – herself! Her good friend Lester Lambaster’s mean and nasty twin Leon is tired of the Fashion Kitty hype and has decided to expose her with the help of some schoolmates (who don’t want to hurt her, just see her up close). Wearing tee shirts bearing CFK (Catch Fashion Kitty), they plot to use some of the inventive Lambaster family’s sticky yellow string and marshmallow s ...more
Bookish Chic
Jun 03, 2011 Bookish Chic rated it really liked it
Reviewing pre release edition.
My daughters' love Fashion Kitty!!! They love the graphics. I like the messages Fashion Kitty imparts. Always honorable and true to self. The format, cartoon strip style catches even the most reluctant readers eye. Not only did it keep her attention as well as her younger sister (7) it inspired them to create their own graphic novels as the pictures are a favorite aspect of Fashon Kitty. In Fashion Kitty and the B.O.Y.S. Fashion Kitty finds herself battling the fore
Dolly
Feb 02, 2012 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: children starting to read graphic novels
This is the fourth book in the Fashion Kitty series by Charise Mericle Harper. Our girls are hooked. The simple narrative and graphic novel format is very entertaining and easy to read, even for reluctant readers. Our girls like these stories (a lot) and they are reading the books in the series as fast they can get them. After reading the first two books aloud to them I refused to read any subsequent ones during storytime, but our girls had no difficulty reading them independently. Our girls lik ...more
Amy (Books, College, and Other Random Things)
I’m reviewing this for Net Galley

Fashion Kitty and the B.O.Y.S. is about Kiki Kittie. Kiki Kittie was a normal kitty, but one day, a pile of fashion magazines fell on Kiki. Ever since, Kiki Kittie transforms into Fashion Kitty when there are fashion emergencies. At Kiki’s school, there are two brothers, Lester and Leon. Lester and Leon look exactly alike, but Lester is nice while Leon is mean. Their family likes to invent thinks and always in the color of yellow. Sometimes if Leon does something
Jemimah
Oct 21, 2014 Jemimah rated it it was amazing
The book I read this is year is called Fashion Kitty, its about this kitty named Kiki Kitty that fell and bumped her head and then she fell on magazines and became fashion kitty. Fashion Kitty they build statues out of Fashion Kitty. And this boy named Leon does not like her because everyone likes her and Fashion Kitty is famous , and something happens to Fashion Kitty.
I think this book is great book because, it tells all types of things happening to Fashion Kitty and the world.
It makes any read
StorySnoops
Nov 20, 2011 StorySnoops rated it really liked it
Book four in the sweet Fashion Kitty series is in a new modified graphic-novel format. The story is told partly in prose and partly in comic-strip style pictures. It would be an excellent choice for young elementary aged reluctant girl readers who might be intimidated by a more densely written chapter book. Fashion Kitty is the alter ego of Kiki Kittie, who became a superhero when a stack of fashion magazines fell on her head, knocking her unconscious while she was blowing out the candles on her ...more
Karen Arendt
Jun 04, 2011 Karen Arendt rated it really liked it
Reviewed for Netgalley using galleys. Fashion Kitty and the B.O.Y.S. is a charming story about how Leon tries to catch Fashion Kitty and even creates a club for those that want to catch her, too. Fortunately for Fashion Kitty most members of the club just wanted to be close enough to see her. Having never read a Fashion Kitty story before, I enjoyed the blending of text and comic style illustration to completely tell the story. There was enough background for a reader not familiar with the Fashi ...more
paula
Nov 22, 2011 paula rated it liked it
My son Milo had this to say:

M: It was about friendship, and doing the right thing. The one kid has a terrible brother and Fashion Kitty and her friend want to say, "Dude it's such a shame your brother is a big giant jerk," but they don't because number one how does that help anything? and two, because insulting a person in somebody's family is almost the same as insulting them.

Full review on Pink Me: http://pinkme.typepad.com/pink-me/201...
Mary Ann
Aug 16, 2011 Mary Ann rated it it was ok
I found this book less appealing than the graphic novels of Fashion Kitty. While Harper sets up a good conflict with clear good guys and bad guys, the characters didn't resonate with me. I found the continual emphasis on getting a cute outfit irritating. Lunch Lady and Babymouse create characters with a lot more appeal, in my opinion.
Mary Ann
Mar 13, 2012 Mary Ann rated it it was ok
Shelves: elementary
A combination of traditional text and graphic novel, this book would seem to be addressing the early elementary student that has a life revolving around friends consumed with fashion and who is at the top of the social pyramid. The feline female, Kiki, also turns out to be a super hero, and there are incidents of lending support to friends who are dealing with problems of their own.
Pinky
Feb 14, 2012 Pinky rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-12
Fashion Kitty is still super cute and the plot is fine (OK, the battle against B.O.Y.S. was not the greatest) but I preferred the graphic novel format. Illustrated chapter book is not a better choice for this. Even as the audience ages, a graphic novel would still be appropriate. Disappointed.
Laura Z
I much prefer the full graphic novel format for Fashion Kitty and had to force myself to finish this book. I will not be reading or recommending any more Fashion Kitty books in this modified graphic novel format and I am hoping they return to the tried and true old format. Please.
Adiva
Aug 30, 2012 Adiva rated it it was amazing
This was a cool book. Fashionkitty is really Kiki kitty. I wonder why Leon hates Fashion Kitty so bad. This is how Kiki became fashion kitty. Fist a pile of books fell on top of Kiki. Then she got up and became Fashion Kitty. That's weird at how Kiki became fashion kitty.
Garima S.
Jun 02, 2016 Garima S. rated it liked it
I was kind of disappointed by the plot. Although it was cute and creative as always, something just felt missing and I didn't like how the story went as much. Although I liked it, it was not my favorite Fashion Kitty book.
Sweet's Family Bookshelves
They read a book and they picked a part they liked to put on a t-shirt. That was cool.
Especially liked the craft ideas in the back.
Brianam
Oct 29, 2014 Brianam rated it really liked it
Fashion kitty is the funniest and hoylourest that i just wanted to cry
Julie Feher
Dec 17, 2011 Julie Feher rated it liked it
Shelves: junior, 2011
Ben loved it!
Kelly
Mar 16, 2015 Kelly rated it it was ok
Meh. It was ok. The first couple were much better. It was mostly a rehash of the first books. Sad to see this series end with a whimper instead of a BANG!
Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
I love this series, and I recommend it to you! K.Y.
Maryam
Oct 31, 2016 Maryam rated it it was amazing
It was really good, i don't remember what it was mainly based on, and i'm thinking about reading it again
Ginger
Ginger rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2011
Jennifer rated it it was ok
Jul 08, 2015
Alexa
Alexa rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2017
Caroline W
Caroline W rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2015
Julia
Julia rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Blueberry Queen (Kylie Jean)
  • Babymouse: The Musical (Babymouse, #10)
  • Silly Lilly and the Four Seasons: TOON Level 1
  • Invisible Inkling
  • School Days (Cowgirl Kate and Cocoa #3)
  • Yes, Let's
  • Mallory's Guide to Boys, Brothers, Dads, and Dogs (Mallory McDonald, #15)
  • Thumpy Feet