Fashion Kitty and the B.O.Y.S.: (Ball of Yellow String)

Fashion Kitty and the B.O.Y.S.: (Fashion Kitty)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  20 reviews
It's hard to believe, but Fashion Kitty is in danger, who is the villian?
Is it a jealous kitty?
Is it a boy kitty?
Is it an inventor kitty?
Is it a kitty full of trouble?
Yes Yes Yes And Yes
Sometimes even a superhero needs a helping paw.
Lucky for Fashion Kitty, she's not the only hero in town.
Published October 4th 2011 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Fashion Kitty and the B.O.Y.S., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fashion Kitty and the B.O.Y.S.

Erica - Bonner Springs Library
Reviewing for Net Galley

Fashion Kitty is back and her fans will still love her.

In an illustrated novel format Fashion Kitty has a new challenge. Leon Lambaster III, who comes from a long line of inventors, creates the CKF club (Catch Fashion Kitty), he even designs his own t-shirt.

Then the teachers, including the librarian, come up with a t-shirt fashion show idea. They want the kitties at school to design their own t-shirts based on something they've read in a book.

One day, Kiki (aka Fashio...more
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
Fashion Kitty to the rescue! When the school t-shirt fashion show idea brings out an "evil mastermind" set on stopping Fashion Kitty, will she be able to foil his plan before it's too late or get caught in his string filled trap?

This is the first book I've read in the Fashion Kitty series, and I can see why this series is so popular. Fashion Kitty is hard not to love. In this particular story Fashion Kitty aka Kiki Kittie has to foil the plan on grouchy kitty, Leon Lambaster III, who's out to ca...more
Bookish Chic
Reviewing pre release edition.
My daughters' love Fashion Kitty!!! They love the graphics. I like the messages Fashion Kitty imparts. Always honorable and true to self. The format, cartoon strip style catches even the most reluctant readers eye. Not only did it keep her attention as well as her younger sister (7) it inspired them to create their own graphic novels as the pictures are a favorite aspect of Fashon Kitty. In Fashion Kitty and the B.O.Y.S. Fashion Kitty finds herself battling the fore...more
Erica
Reviewing for Net Galley

Fashion Kitty is back and her fans will still love her.

One day, Kiki (aka Fashio...more
Peg
In this fourth installment about Kiki Kittie, aka known to readers as super-hero Fashion Kitty, she must come to the rescue of – herself! Her good friend Lester Lambaster’s mean and nasty twin Leon is tired of the Fashion Kitty hype and has decided to expose her with the help of some schoolmates (who don’t want to hurt her, just see her up close). Wearing tee shirts bearing CFK (Catch Fashion Kitty), they plot to use some of the inventive Lambaster family’s sticky yellow string and marshmallow s...more
Emma (Miss Print)
What do marshmallows, yellow string, the Eiffel tower and Super Sticky Spray have in common? Not much really, except that they all have a key role in Fashion Kitty and the B.O.Y.S (Ball of Yellow String (2011) by Charise Mericle Harper.

Fashion Kitty and the B.O.Y.S. is Fashion Kitty's fourth adventure, but it is my first experience with the fashion forward cat whose family has two secrets: (1) they have a pet mouse and (2) Kiki Kittie is now a superhero called Fashion Kitty.

Although the content...more
Amy (Books, College, and Other Random Things)
I’m reviewing this for Net Galley

Fashion Kitty and the B.O.Y.S. is about Kiki Kittie. Kiki Kittie was a normal kitty, but one day, a pile of fashion magazines fell on Kiki. Ever since, Kiki Kittie transforms into Fashion Kitty when there are fashion emergencies. At Kiki’s school, there are two brothers, Lester and Leon. Lester and Leon look exactly alike, but Lester is nice while Leon is mean. Their family likes to invent thinks and always in the color of yellow. Sometimes if Leon does something...more
Dolly
Feb 03, 2012 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children starting to read graphic novels
This is the fourth book in the Fashion Kitty series by Charise Mericle Harper. Our girls are hooked. The simple narrative and graphic novel format is very entertaining and easy to read, even for reluctant readers. Our girls like these stories (a lot) and they are reading the books in the series as fast they can get them. After reading the first two books aloud to them I refused to read any subsequent ones during storytime, but our girls had no difficulty reading them independently. Our girls lik...more
StorySnoops
Book four in the sweet Fashion Kitty series is in a new modified graphic-novel format. The story is told partly in prose and partly in comic-strip style pictures. It would be an excellent choice for young elementary aged reluctant girl readers who might be intimidated by a more densely written chapter book. Fashion Kitty is the alter ego of Kiki Kittie, who became a superhero when a stack of fashion magazines fell on her head, knocking her unconscious while she was blowing out the candles on her...more
Karen Arendt
Reviewed for Netgalley using galleys. Fashion Kitty and the B.O.Y.S. is a charming story about how Leon tries to catch Fashion Kitty and even creates a club for those that want to catch her, too. Fortunately for Fashion Kitty most members of the club just wanted to be close enough to see her. Having never read a Fashion Kitty story before, I enjoyed the blending of text and comic style illustration to completely tell the story. There was enough background for a reader not familiar with the Fashi...more
Katie Fitzgerald
*ARC received from NetGalley.*

This volume, in particular, stands out for me, because of the new format. Writing some of the book in prose gives the author the opportunity to shift between points of view, and to describe in more detail the emotions of the characters - both the heroes and the so-called villains. I liked that we got to see the villain's rationale for his behavior, and actually understand some of his feelings, while also rooting for him to see the error of his ways.

Read my full rev...more
paula
My son Milo had this to say:

M: It was about friendship, and doing the right thing. The one kid has a terrible brother and Fashion Kitty and her friend want to say, "Dude it's such a shame your brother is a big giant jerk," but they don't because number one how does that help anything? and two, because insulting a person in somebody's family is almost the same as insulting them.

Full review on Pink Me: http://pinkme.typepad.com/pink-me/201...
Mary Ann
A combination of traditional text and graphic novel, this book would seem to be addressing the early elementary student that has a life revolving around friends consumed with fashion and who is at the top of the social pyramid. The feline female, Kiki, also turns out to be a super hero, and there are incidents of lending support to friends who are dealing with problems of their own.
Mary Ann
I found this book less appealing than the graphic novels of Fashion Kitty. While Harper sets up a good conflict with clear good guys and bad guys, the characters didn't resonate with me. I found the continual emphasis on getting a cute outfit irritating. Lunch Lady and Babymouse create characters with a lot more appeal, in my opinion.
Pinky
Fashion Kitty is still super cute and the plot is fine (OK, the battle against B.O.Y.S. was not the greatest) but I preferred the graphic novel format. Illustrated chapter book is not a better choice for this. Even as the audience ages, a graphic novel would still be appropriate. Disappointed.
Laura Z
I much prefer the full graphic novel format for Fashion Kitty and had to force myself to finish this book. I will not be reading or recommending any more Fashion Kitty books in this modified graphic novel format and I am hoping they return to the tried and true old format. Please.
Adiva Siddeky
This was a cool book. Fashionkitty is really Kiki kitty. I wonder why Leon hates Fashion Kitty so bad. This is how Kiki became fashion kitty. Fist a pile of books fell on top of Kiki. Then she got up and became Fashion Kitty. That's weird at how Kiki became fashion kitty.
Not as graphic novelly as the others in this series.
Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
I love this series, and I recommend it to you! K.Y.
Julie Feher
Ben loved it!
Abby
Abby marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Maddie Claire
Maddie Claire marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Fiona
Fiona marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Camdyn
Camdyn added it
Jul 30, 2014
Nicky Valenzuela
Nicky Valenzuela marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Just Grace (Just Grace, #1) Fashion Kitty Still Just Grace (Just Grace, #2) Cupcake Just Grace Walks the Dog (Just Grace, #3)