Start by marking “A Lot Like Love (FBI/US Attorney, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Lot Like Love (FBI/US Attorney, #2)

A Lot Like Love (FBI/US Attorney #2)

4.09  ·  Rating Details ·  23,966 Ratings  ·  1,274 Reviews
The FBI wants her cooperation...

As the daughter of a billionaire and the owner of the city's top wine store, Jordan Rhodes is invited to the most exclusive parties in Chicago. But there's only one party the FBI wants to crash: the charity fundraiser of a famous restaurateur, who also happens to launder money for the mob. In exchange for her brother's release from prison, J
Published March 1st 2011 by Berkley Books

Spirit Bound by Richelle MeadPerfect Chemistry by Simone ElkelesSilence by Becca FitzpatrickHalo by Alexandra AdornettoRules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles
Couples on books Covers
34th out of 294 books — 182 voters
Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesBared to You by Sylvia DayFifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesReflected in You by Sylvia Day
Some Like It Hot Favourites
113th out of 686 books — 346 voters

More lists with this book...

Aug 20, 2014 Shawna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of hot cop/FBI heroes & funny, sexy contemporary romance w/some suspense
5+ stars – Contemporary Romance

I just read and adored Something About You and then started this immediately afterward, and there’s a whole lot to love about A Lot Like Love.

FBI Agent Nick McCall is coming off a grueling undercover assignment and looking for a little R&R before taking his next case, but instead finds himself tasked with assisting a junior agent in an undercover money laundering investigation. In order to infiltrate an exclusive charity event held by one of Chicago’s wealthies
May 17, 2011 Pamela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of romantic suspense and witty contemporary romance; readers who are stuck on planes
The woman who sat in front of me on my flight from Detroit to Denver is very lucky I had this book loaded on my Kindle. I loved the story, and it distracted me from the misery of having a seat back rammed against my knees for three hours. You know the book has got to be good.

A LOT LIKE LOVE tells the story of Jordan Rhodes, heiress to half of a billion-dollar fortune, and Nick McCall, FBI agent. Rhodes isn't a prissy heiress whose biggest worries are ruining her manicure or being seen with the r
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
3+ stars

Despite not loving this I'm so addicted to JJ's writing style. She writes such fun characters. Although the suspense side seems less and less as the series goes on, this one had good suspense.

I think what was missing was I was already spoilt by Jack and Vaughn. Jordan was just an okay heroine. Also there was too much wine talk.

Book 1 and book 5 are my favourites. The fact that I read all 5 books in the series almost back to back just shows how much I adore this series and the writing. C
4 Cute Stars.

Jordan is a billionaire heir that suddenly sees herself with the FBI trying to make a deal with her.
She is connected with powerful people that the FBI wants behind bars so they make a deal with her: if she help them, they will find a way to set her brother free.
Nick is the agent responsible for her, but when they pretend to be a couple in a party and things go south, they have to keep pretending in order to keep the façade.
But there’s the thing about pretending, it can become ver
2.5 ~ 3 stars

Things I love about Julie James novels:

witty/snarky banter between the two main leads
the dual POV which adds to the experience
the build up of sexual tension/attraction which ends in some HOT (but not too smutty) bedroom scenes
the rom-com feel
the fact that it's a light breezy smiley kind of read
it's fun chick-lit vibe without being too chick-litty...

HOWEVER this book did not live up to my expectations...

this is my least fave Julie James novel so far. I still enjoyed reading it and
5 Stars! Another engaging, smart, witty, sexy, fun book by this talented author!

What I like about Julie James' style of writing is the snappy dialogue, the strong female characters…and of course their sexy male counterparts. Jordan and Nick have terrific chemistry...combustible! Jordan’s a wine connoisseur with her own shop; Nick’s an FBI agent who knows one wine, Zinfandel. She samples wine the conventional way, swirling, swishing and spitting, he wants to pour and taste… in a most unconvention
Holy Smokin' 5 Star Read!!

Holy smokin’ hotness! Julie James just keeps getting better and better and has delivered on all aspects with her 4th contemporary romance and has totally blown me away with the sinfully mouthwatering Nick McCall. This was exactly what I needed after my last read which I had similar high expectations which ended up being a huge disappointment and in euphoria over how well this one turned out, I just might end up blowing a couple of kisses through Twitter to Ms. James b
Despite the positive reviews I’ve seen all over the place for books by Julie James, I haven’t read one of them before now. That’s right, I’m a bona fide James virgin. Why would I wait so long? Well, contemporaries and I rarely agree. I find a lot of the characters ridiculous and not at all authentic. It’s like they walked straight out of Mayberry. It just drives me insane, so I rarely pick them up. But I finally had to take a chance on James. I had to see what all the fuss was about.

Luckily, thi
Mar 08, 2011 kilty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Surface charm!

A fun read...
Top 5 silly reasons that made it fun for me :

(1) Hero was
(a) burn-holes-through-your-bra HOT FBI agent
(b) half-scottish, half-Italian ..calls his mother Ma (my fav line in the book, "Well, Ma, see...there's this girl")
(c) Tall, Dark, and Smoldering
(d) Tall, Dark, and Sarcastic
(e) Tall, Dark, and Scruffy-jawed

(2) The tennis speed wise-crack exchange where the readers zing back and forth..the result being always the same..LOVE ALL:)

(3) The warm, f
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
View review here at Under the Covers

I have a confession to make. I don’t read many contemporary romance novels. It’s not that I have anything against them. They’re just an avenue I have yet to explore in romance. I’ve heard a lot about Julie James and her books for awhile now. But it wasn’t until the DABWAHA competition that I realized that there must be a reason why readers adore her. And after reading A Lot Like Love, I know why.

I’m not quite sure how to even begin speaking about all the goo
Julie James se está convirtiendo en una de mis autoras favoritas ...more
Emily May
Jul 05, 2011 Emily May rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, chick-lit, 2011
Another fun, easy and enjoyable read from Julie James! This is my second favourite book of hers that I've read so far, better than Just the Sexiest Man Alive and Something About You but it still doesn't quite match up to my first and favourite: Practice Makes Perfect (I'm still obsessed with J.D.).

As her latest release, this was the steamiest of the lot with some very sexy and descriptive bathtime fun and the tall, dark and stubbled hero we can always expect from Ms James. The story this time d
Apr 10, 2012 ♥Rachel♥ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to ♥Rachel♥ by: Smut Monday Club
Shelves: favorites
I have to congratulate Julie James. She writes spicy with a lot of class! This second book in the FBI series does not disappoint. With an engrossing plot, and sexual tension that gradually heats up to fire-hot, you can't put this down once you start!

FBI agent, Nick McCall and billionaire heiress, Jordan Rhodes lives are thrown together when Jordan is "asked" to help on a money-laundering case. It seems Jordan is part of a select group that gets invited to Xander Eckhart's restaurant once a year
Apr 10, 2012 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Laura by: Smut Monday Club
”Thank God he annoyed her a good ninety-five percent of the time they were together, because she had no intention of being attracted to Nick McCall.”

Yeah sure, Jordan! Keep telling yourself that! :D Haha….How could we not fall for Agent Nick McCall? With those blazing green eyes and possessive, rough, passionate ways, Nick swoops in, grabs hold, and steals hearts!

I adored these two characters! Nick and Jordan’s quick, banter with a bite sparked and jumped off the page! Very hot! Julie James see
Aug 30, 2016 Anja rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

“First Pallas and now you, it’s like I’m running a goddamn dating service around here.”

Dear lord, I can't believe how fast I've breezed through Julie James' books so far! Just like the previous one in this series, I read this in one sitting of about 4 hours. I just couldn't stop!
As everyone probably already knows, I have a weak spot for romance/adult novels with a bit of action involved, so this was just perfect for me!

Review coming soon!
Julie James never let me down before, and I knew she wasn't going to let me down for this book. After reading, I must say that I loved it. Hence the 5 stars. I can't say its my favorite though. More on that later.

Jordan, our heroine, is a billionaire heiress, who has her own wine business. She's hot, stylish, and passionate about wine. Oh yea, she normally dates clean-cut, loafer-wearing preps. Nick is the 'Tall, Dark and smoldering' undercover FBI agent who needs Jordan as his cover to infiltra
Apr 25, 2012 Anachronist rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Why I read it:

I have sadistic friends. Some of them keep borrowing me copies of romantic fiction, especially when I am planning to go away for a day or two. I am a compulsive reader, I am an addict, I read everything, good, bad and ugly and they take advantage. Sometimes I shrug these offers off, sometimes I succumb to them. This one had good reviews on Goodreads so I thought: “why not? A freebie for a dull train trip…it might be actually fun…” Right.

It is a truth universally acknowledg
Dec 01, 2012 Ronyell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Julie James' works!!
Recommended to Ronyell by: Autumn
To be honest, I was actually surprised that Julie James would make a sequel to her first book Something About You (a book I read years ago) and ever since I read that book and “Practice Makes Perfect,” I just had to try out more books by her! “A Lot like Love” is the perfect romance novel to read for anyone who is a fan of romance novels that has a bit of crime and mystery thrown in!

The book starts off with the FBI trying to arrest Xander Eckhart, who has secret dealings with mob leader Roberto
Romance novels--whether they are contemporary, paranormal, or historical--can be extraordinarily cliché. Shocker, I know, but it's very true. However, I feel that Julie James manages to steer clear of them. I'm sure there are some in her books, but they are never so obscenely obvious as to make the book boring or ridiculous. And for that, I have to give James her kudos. It's quite a feat to be able to write a book without conspicuous clichés and to, yet again, deliver a superb literary creation. ...more
ᴥ Irena ᴥ

The things I liked in A Lot Like Love: Nick, various relationships, the humour and the rare sex scenes. Did I say Nick?
There is not much to say about the plot that's not in the book summary. Jordan Rhodes accepts to help the FBI because of her brother and in the due course of the story the two main characters fall in love. Not really a spoiler if you check the genre (and the blurb).

I loved Nick (I'm repeating myself, am I?) and how he gradually came to the conclusion that he kind of likes thi
Jaci Burton
Dec 28, 2010 Jaci Burton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You know how I judge whether a book is awesome or not? If I don't want to put it down and work on my own book--then a book is awesome. A LOT LIKE LOVE was one of those books I didn't want to put down. I absolutely loved it. Smart, sassy heroine, and a hot and sexy hero coupled with a dynamic, well thought out plot make this a must buy. Add in Julie James typical humor and crackling dialogue and this is another winner. If she writes it, I'll read it.

♡Karlyn P♡
I love how Julie James contemporaries always include smart and intelligent characters as the hero and heroine, and A LOT LIKE LOVE does it in spades. Nick and Jordon were awesome, and I love the cheaky conversations between them. A very romantic story.
Kindle Gal
Review and author interview posted on Kindles & Wine

I will forever be grateful to Amazon for recommending I try a Julie James book. She is one of my absolute favorite contemporary romance authors and this book perfectly demonstrates why I love her writing. A Lot Like Love is smart, sassy, sexy, and so much fun!

Jordan Rhodes is a billionaire heiress, thanks to a dad who created the world’s most popular anti-virus software. She’s smart and beautiful and rich, and she is one of my favorite hero
May 06, 2011 valee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cont-romance
I loved this book, although I must admit it took me a while to get there. The beginning was a bit slow for me, probably because the author took a lot of pages describing things and developing a lot the plot. Only for this reason I have to say that Just the Sexiest Man Alive is still my fav book from this author, but now A Lot Like Love is my 2nd fav.

Once I got over the slow part and the characters actually got to spend some time together I got extremely addicted to the book. First, you can see t
Laura the Highland Hussy

Liked it even better than Something About You! I think you will want a glass of wine with you when you read.
will review later for

"Can't stop reading...Must put book down...need sleep..." that was my status update for about halfway through the book. Trust me when I say it is easy to read straight through, so start this one in the daytime...not at 10pm like I did.

Julie James is my new go-to for contemporary romance. Now you all might remember I don't actually
Nina Life of a Bookworm
Bas slatko i seksi :)

Bok ljudi! Znam da me nije bilo dugo s poštenom recenzijom... Zadnja koju sam napisala bila je skoro prije mjesec dana za knjigu iste autorice Zakon Privlačnosti, a prije toga za isto tako dvije njeneNajseksi frajer na svijetuiIznenada jednog ljeta.

Prije nešto malo više od mjesec dana iz čiste radoznalosti (i dosade na poslu, pssst nemojte nikome reći) u ruke sam uzela upravo zadnju knjigu koja je izašla - Iznenada jednoga ljeta i odmah me je uvukla, a onda su se z
The FBI needs ears in the office of a money-launderer for the mob. But they need a decoy to plant those ears. Enter Jordan Rhodes, gorgeous heiress and wine connoisseur. She’ll get them into a charity event, posing as an agent’s girlfriend in exchange for her brother’s freedom. Easy as pie. Especially when the agent posing as her boyfriend isn’t the asshat that gets on her nerves.

The big day comes and the nice agent is down with the stomach flu and Jordan is stuck with the asshat, Nick McCall. O
Tammy Walton Grant

These books are the literary equivalent of Cracker Jacks for me - light, tasty and I inhale the whole thing in one sitting.

Julie James is easy to read, her characters immensely likable, the stories familiar, the dialogue quick and funny, and the steam level sits right around the mid-mark. Just like I've rated this book, as a matter of fact.

This one is about the daughter of a billionaire who owns a wine shop. Her brother is in federal prison for hacking into Twitter and one of her custom
~E~ Riverina Romantics
Apr 11, 2011 ~E~ Riverina Romantics rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-blog
Contemporary romance in my opinion is a very predictable genre and I suppose this book was no exception, but it was like watching a favourite movie, although you can tell what is going to happen in the end (the inevitable HEA) it was still a completely enjoyable experience getting there.

I loved the characters. This was my Nick,

[image error]

And obviously Jordan was none other than ME (because I always live vicariously through my books)!!! So I assume you can all understand that I was drooling thr
Anne OK
Sep 18, 2011 Anne OK rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-reads
The best one yet by Julie James! Can't say enough good things about it -- just a fantastic fun read from beginning to ending. You definitely won't want to miss A LOT LIKE LOVE!!! Review to follow after official release date.

Note: Was lucky to have an early peek!
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 4 May 14, 2015 09:51AM
A lot like love 1 24 Jan 17, 2015 06:07PM
The Challenge Fac...: Elishia & ~Melissa~ - A Lot like Love & About That Night 20 19 May 13, 2014 03:14AM
  • Hard Evidence (I-Team, #2)
  • Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor, #3)
  • Yours to Keep (Kowalski Family, #3)
  • Deadly Heat (Deadly, #2)
  • Start Me Up (Tumble Creek, #2)
  • Feel the Heat (Black Ops, #4)
  • Within Reach
  • Too Hot to Handle (Domestic Gods, #2)
  • Sweet Justice (Last Chance Rescue, #7)
  • Letters to a Secret Lover
New York Times bestselling author Julie James practiced law with one of the nation's largest firms for several years until she began writing screenplays. After Hollywood producers optioned two of her scripts, she decided to leave the practice of law to write full-time. Her books have been translated into seventeen languages and Julie’s eighth novel, SUDDENLY ONE SUMMER, is now available.

Julie Jame
More about Julie James...

FBI/US Attorney (7 books)
  • Something About You (FBI/US Attorney, #1)
  • About That Night (FBI/US Attorney, #3)
  • Love Irresistibly (FBI/US Attorney, #4)
  • It Happened One Wedding (FBI/US Attorney, #5)
  • Suddenly One Summer (FBI/US Attorney, #6)
  • The Thing About Love (FBI/US Attorney, #7)

“I’d like to know more about this undercover agent who posed as my daughter’s date. The ubiquitous Tall, Dark, and Smoldering.'

Nick put on his best meet-the-parent smile. 'I generally prefer to go by Nick.”
“First Pallas and now you,” the gray-haired man said, shaking his head at Nick. “It’s like I’m running a goddamn dating service around here.” 132 likes