The Secret Zoo: Riddles and Danger (The Secret Zoo, #3)

The Secret Zoo: Riddles and Danger (The Secret Zoo #3)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  203 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Noah, Megan, Richie, and Ella are the Action Scouts; friends whose tree house overlooks the Clarksville City Zoo. When they discover a magical world hidden within the zoo, they are swept away on an adventure in which penguins can fly, a mysterious figure lurks in the shadows, and the scouts are enlisted to help Mr. Darby, who is in charge of the Secret Zoo.

But will the sco...more
Published September 27th 2011 by Greenwillow Books

To ask other readers questions about The Secret Zoo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret Zoo

Faith
Noah and the rest of the Action Scouts are still training to be crossers. Now the dangerous sasquatches threaten not only the Secret Zoo, but the town where the Action Scouts live.Who will win? The Secret Zoo or the sasquatches?

Reasons why I like this book-

Reason 1- I couldn't stop reading.

Reason 2- I could imagine what was happening.

Reason 3- It made my imagination grow.
Karen Arendt
REaders that love fantasy and or animals will love the third book in the Secret Zoo series. Plenty of action and just enough at the end to suggest more books in the series.
Raegan
The book was intense during some parts.
And other parts were scary, and I literally gasped during class at the end. So far the best book int the series
Christie Goldenberg
This is the 4th book in the series and my 8 year old and I are loving them all! Can't wait for the next one to come out!
Lara
This book is the best so far I have been waiting for it for so long :)
Mact
This book was a really good book. It has magic and a lot of unusual things the book. Such as Sasquatches, a secret zoo, and a secret society. It was a really fun book to read. Megan, Ella, Richie, and Noah are The Adventure scouts and they belong to the secret society. They had to fight Sasquatches in the dark which sounds crazy but to the secret society its nothing. Some people might like this book if they are into fantasy. If you don't like fantasy than don't read this book.
Heather
Another good read-aloud with the kids. This one was a bit intense at times for bedtime, so we had to read an extra chapter here and there to find a better stopping point. The kids enjoyed it.
Jacquelyn
Animals and magic go perfectly together in this amazing story. Can't wait to get the fourth book!
Brenda
After Tank discovers muddy footprints, the scouts are called upon to fight off the dangerous Sasquatches that are threatening the town. I was expecting a high paced action packed book after the second book. Chick delivers some of the action and suspense toward the end of the book when the scouts encounter the Sasquatch's and various battles and escapes ensue. The mysterious black trench coat man wearing a fedora hat who has been elusive throughout the series continues to be prevalent and exactly...more
Warnie B.
The first half seemed kind of slow for the most part, and I was a little worried it would be like book two, where nothing really happened. But towards the end things get pretty exciting again! Though I felt kind of disappointed that (view spoiler). Anyway, I like the direction the story is going, and am looking forward to reading book 4.
mandyfujita
Megan, Ella, Noah and Richie are volunteers for the Clarksville Zoo. They are actually training to be Scouts in the Secret Zoo. Things have turned for the worse because sightings of sasquatches are getting closer and closer to the kids neighborhood. Tank, who is the trainer, explains that they need to capture the sasquatches before they escape to the neighborhood of people.
Emyrose8
Definitely more action than the previous book. I didn't like the fact that Richie was continuously cursing under his breath (was that really necessary?)
Rebecca Heywood
cute, but very boring. Too little action going on in this one. And then the ending was completely unnatural and sappy to me.
Alan Tran
This book was not the best in this series but still cool
Erichard1
can't wait to get number 4.
Grace's rating
Justin Cornay
Justin Cornay marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Kathy Cyr
Kathy Cyr marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Anika Schmid
Anika Schmid marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Cupid
Cupid marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Rina Lily
Rina Lily marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Morgan
Morgan marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
  • The Whites of Their Eyes
  • School Days According to Humphrey
  • Secrets of the Crown (The Familiars, #2)
  • The Unicorn’s Tale (Nathaniel Fludd, Beastologist, #4)
  • Dragonborn (The Flaxfield Quartet, #1)
  • Smells Like Treasure
  • Spellbound (The Books of Elsewhere, #2)
  • The Dragon of Never-Was (Hatching Magic, #2)
  • Thomas and the Dragon Queen
  • Mousenet
  • Poppy and Ereth (Dimwood Forest, #5)
  • Almost Super
  • Alice-Miranda at School
  • Another Whole Nother Story
  • Hideout
  • How to Seize a Dragon's Jewel (How to Train Your Dragon, #10)
  • The Sisters Club: Cloudy with a Chance of Boys
  • Tumtum and Nutmeg: Adventures Beyond Nutmouse Hall
The idea of The Secret Zoo came to me when I was just nine years old. I wondered what it would be like if zoo exhibits had secret passages that allowed kids to get in and animals to get out. Over twenty years, this idea matured in complexity and length until it had become an epic story, to be told in ten full-length novels. When I'm not exploring the worlds in my head, I spend time speaking to lik...more
More about Bryan Chick...
The Secret Zoo (The Secret Zoo, #1) The Secret Zoo: Secrets and Shadows (The Secret Zoo, #2) The Secret Zoo: Traps and Specters (The Secret Zoo, #4) The Secret Zoo: Raids and Rescues (The Secret Zoo, #5) The Secret Zoo Complete Collection: The Secret Zoo, Secrets and Shadows, Riddles and Danger, Traps and Specters, Raids and Rescues