Start by marking “Riddles and Danger (The Secret Zoo #3)” as Want to Read:
Riddles and Danger (The Secret Zoo #3)

Riddles and Danger (The Secret Zoo #3)

4.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  381 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Noah, Megan, Richie, and Ella are the Action Scouts; friends whose tree house overlooks the Clarksville City Zoo. When they discover a magical world hidden within the zoo, they are swept away on an adventure in which penguins can fly, a mysterious figure lurks in the shadows, and the scouts are enlisted to help Mr. Darby, who is in charge of the Secret Zoo.

But will the sco
Published September 27th 2011 by Greenwillow Books

To ask other readers questions about Riddles and Danger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Riddles and Danger

Faith
Jun 04, 2012 Faith rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Noah and the rest of the Action Scouts are still training to be crossers. Now the dangerous sasquatches threaten not only the Secret Zoo, but the town where the Action Scouts live.Who will win? The Secret Zoo or the sasquatches?

Reasons why I like this book-

Reason 1- I couldn't stop reading.

Reason 2- I could imagine what was happening.

Reason 3- It made my imagination grow.
Karen Arendt
REaders that love fantasy and or animals will love the third book in the Secret Zoo series. Plenty of action and just enough at the end to suggest more books in the series.
Raegan
Apr 19, 2014 Raegan rated it it was amazing
The book was intense during some parts.
And other parts were scary, and I literally gasped during class at the end. So far the best book int the series
Christie Murray
This is the 4th book in the series and my 8 year old and I are loving them all! Can't wait for the next one to come out!
Lara
Oct 18, 2013 Lara rated it it was amazing
This book is the best so far I have been waiting for it for so long :)
Mact
Mar 06, 2014 Mact rated it it was amazing
This book was a really good book. It has magic and a lot of unusual things the book. Such as Sasquatches, a secret zoo, and a secret society. It was a really fun book to read. Megan, Ella, Richie, and Noah are The Adventure scouts and they belong to the secret society. They had to fight Sasquatches in the dark which sounds crazy but to the secret society its nothing. Some people might like this book if they are into fantasy. If you don't like fantasy than don't read this book.
Heather
Jul 13, 2014 Heather rated it really liked it
Another good read-aloud with the kids. This one was a bit intense at times for bedtime, so we had to read an extra chapter here and there to find a better stopping point. The kids enjoyed it.
Ashlyn Gee
Aug 13, 2016 Ashlyn Gee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

It was so good it was funny and scary it made me laugh the whole time it was so great
Jacquelyn
Aug 24, 2014 Jacquelyn rated it it was amazing
Animals and magic go perfectly together in this amazing story. Can't wait to get the fourth book!
Brenda
Feb 23, 2014 Brenda rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
After Tank discovers muddy footprints, the scouts are called upon to fight off the dangerous Sasquatches that are threatening the town. I was expecting a high paced action packed book after the second book. Chick delivers some of the action and suspense toward the end of the book when the scouts encounter the Sasquatch's and various battles and escapes ensue. The mysterious black trench coat man wearing a fedora hat who has been elusive throughout the series continues to be prevalent and exactly ...more
Jack St. Mary
Dec 02, 2015 Jack St. Mary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Great Book by Bryan Chick

I so far have read up to this book and it is spectacular, I really hope Bryan Chick plans on making more Secret Zoo books, can't wait to download the next one!
Ella
Oct 05, 2014 Ella rated it liked it
Shelves: my-books
good
Lara
The first half seemed kind of slow for the most part, and I was a little worried it would be like book two, where nothing really happened. But towards the end things get pretty exciting again! Though I felt kind of disappointed that (view spoiler). Anyway, I like the direction the story is going, and am looking forward to reading book 4.
mandyfujita
Feb 14, 2012 mandyfujita rated it really liked it
Megan, Ella, Noah and Richie are volunteers for the Clarksville Zoo. They are actually training to be Scouts in the Secret Zoo. Things have turned for the worse because sightings of sasquatches are getting closer and closer to the kids neighborhood. Tank, who is the trainer, explains that they need to capture the sasquatches before they escape to the neighborhood of people.
Emyrose8
Oct 05, 2015 Emyrose8 rated it really liked it
Shelves: in-my-library
Definitely more action than the previous book. I didn't like the fact that Richie was continuously cursing under his breath (was that really necessary?)
Rebecca Heywood
Sep 13, 2012 Rebecca Heywood rated it liked it
cute, but very boring. Too little action going on in this one. And then the ending was completely unnatural and sappy to me.
Tiffiny
Jul 08, 2015 Tiffiny rated it really liked it
There were some slow parts in the middle but the ending was great and quite a cliffhanger! Can't wait!
Katie
Dec 02, 2015 Katie rated it really liked it
love reading these adventurous books to my children.
Alan Tran
Nov 10, 2013 Alan Tran rated it really liked it
This book was not the best in this series but still cool
Erichard1
Feb 04, 2013 Erichard1 rated it it was amazing
can't wait to get number 4.
Oct 30, 2012 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Grace's rating
Danielle Triplett
Danielle Triplett rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2016
Hayleigh
Hayleigh marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Heidi Lea
Heidi Lea rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2016
Ray
Ray marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2016
Ezra
Ezra marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
AbbieReed
AbbieReed marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2016
Paula Patterson
Paula Patterson marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2016
Sarah added it
Aug 04, 2016
  • School Days According to Humphrey (According to Humphrey, #7)
  • Thomas and the Dragon Queen
  • Secrets of the Crown (The Familiars, #2)
  • The Unicorn’s Tale (Nathaniel Fludd, Beastologist, #4)
  • Another Whole Nother Story
  • Young Fredle (Davis Farm, #2)
  • The Whites of Their Eyes
  • Dragonborn (The Flaxfield Quartet, #1)
  • Waggit Forever
  • We Are Not Eaten by Yaks (An Accidental Adventure, #1)
  • Dessert First
  • The Dragon of Never-Was (Hatching Magic, #2)
  • Drizzle
  • The Secret of Zoom
  • Star Wars: The Story of Darth Vader (DK Readers Level 3)
  • The Exquisite Corpse Adventure
The idea of The Secret Zoo came to me when I was just nine years old. I wondered what it would be like if zoo exhibits had secret passages that allowed kids to get in and animals to get out. Over twenty years, this idea matured in complexity and length until it had become an epic story, to be told in ten full-length novels. When I'm not exploring the worlds in my head, I spend time speaking to lik ...more
More about Bryan Chick...

The Secret Zoo (5 books)
  • The Secret Zoo (The Secret Zoo, #1)
  • Secrets and Shadows (The Secret Zoo #2)
  • Traps and Specters (The Secret Zoo #4)
  • Raids and Rescues (The Secret Zoo #5)

“chirped once, then looked away. To the animals, Tameron said, “All right, guys, let’s head for Tarsier Terrace. Darby’s waiting for us there.” “Tarsier Terrace?” Ella said as Little Bighorn followed the Descender into the street. “Let me guess. A terrace where two hundred gazillion tarsiers” 0 likes
“prominent view over the grounds. It’s a perfect spot, so dark that there’s virtually no risk of a Descender being seen.” 0 likes