Start by marking “A Woman and Her God: Life-Enriching Messages (Extraordinary Women)” as Want to Read:
A Woman and Her God: Life-Enriching Messages (Extraordinary Women)

A Woman and Her God: Life-Enriching Messages (Extraordinary Women)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  330 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Many of today's most extraordinary Christian women communicators join together to impart the wisdom God has given them--and to help women realize all God intended for them.Features Jill Briscoe, Beth Moore, Sandra D. Wilson, Kathleen Hart, David Hager, Thelma Wells, and Beverly LaHaye.
Published April 18th 2003 by Thomas Nelson (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about A Woman and Her God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Woman and Her God

Pam
What caught the attention of my Christian women's book club about this book was the familiar author, Beth Moore. She rightfully has a popular and positive reputation among Christian readers. We pleasantly discovered that this is actually a collection of related essays by other Christian women (and one man!) who added powerful messages of their own. "A Woman and Her God" felt more personal than other books we've studied. We were each able to take something away from the varied discussions focusin ...more
Lori
Generally pleasant, mostly Biblical, and often convicting. Not deep, but I was still encouraged in my desire to grow closer to God through His word.
Cindy
What I liked the most about this study; the variety of writers with encouraging and helpful information. I would recommend this to any Bible Study group of Women.
Laurie
What does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. —MICAH 6:8 • Delete this highlight
Add a note
He loved us. Colossians 3:1–4 says, “Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with h
Julie Hicks
Fantastic Devotiond

I love this book. So many women giving life lessons through His word. I loved every one I read. A MUST read for any women no matter what stage you are in your walk with God.
Tanya
Very simple, but very helpful in the sense of reminding me about God and His love for me as a woman. I had to read this book for my women's counseling class. I enjoyed it.
Kerry Hensley Cobb
Greatly defined for women wanting to know what our role and purpose is according to God. Wonderful book.
Barbara
Since it was an edited work, there were some sections that were excellent (Beth Moore and Sandra Wilson), most were average and I've never been a fan of Jill Briscoe's writing, so I just skimmed that chapter. The best thing about the book was that it introduced me to Sandra Wilson. Her chapter nailed it! So much, that my next book is Into Abba's Arms. Very excited to start it later today.
Debbie Taylor
This is not just a book by Beth Moore. Several Christian women contributed to this book, so the topics range in both depth and subject. I enjoyed reading this for a college course on working with women in ministry, but would have enjoyed it even without the requirements of class.
Tammy
A collection of messages from inspiring Christian authors. Excellent book - thanks to Penny for leaving it behind. I especially like the chapter written by Jill Briscoe on Jesus and the Woman at the Well. It centers on how Jesus loves and cares for women. I recommend this book.
Traci
Had to read this book for my counseling women class. I absolutely loved it. There were so many things to apply to my personal life and it greatly enriched my faith. It definitely made me re-evaluate how I look at different things and put things into a very good perspective!
Kasie
Nov 27, 2008 Kasie rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ladies ages 15 and up
Recommended to Kasie by: a friend
This was a good read in that it reminded me how special I am to God, and how much He loves me. Females need to hear that from time-to-time... Also provided great insight on a woman's relationship with the Lord
Katie Casey
A collection of devotional type messages from some really amazing Christian women (and one man). Really enjoyed this read and the format of each message was easy to read and inspired good time with God.
Tamara
I thought this book was rather shallow. I want deep, meaty, applicable truth, but this was mostly cute anecdotes and feel-good messages with a few deep truths splashed through it.
Heather
I liked that each chapter was written by someone else and all the bible verses each author used and recommended at the end of each chapter as verses that inspire.
Cory Jenk
Good usage of Scripture and most of it can be applicable to male or female. Definitely a way of empowering the average woman to think more "outside of the box".
Mandy Huot
I really enjoyed the fact that each chapter was written by a different person. I could relate to alot of the events talked about in this book.
Sheila
Sep 11, 2012 Sheila marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Angie
So far, I've found it to be interesting, although sometimes a bit more psychobabble than truth. It's worth reading though.
Jenn
Basically, any woman would enjoy this book and get a lot out of it no matter what they are facing. Highly recommended!!
Virginia
As expected, this book did not disappoint. Very good insight and input by all authors who wrote sections of this book.
Karen
Aug 23, 2007 Karen rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: women
Shelves: christianreads
This is a decent book with lots of contributing authors. Not my favorite but has some great points.
Elena
This is a collection of messages by women authors and speakers. Some I liked more than others.
Naomi  Lutz
This was an awesome read and I learned how ,much God really cares about women and how they feel.
Jaime
I'm reading this for my Christian Counseling for Women course. Great book so far!
Phyllis Kiesling
Enjoyed the different authors for each chapter. Would recommend this as a good read.
Didn't find it helpful for where im at. Felt it told me how I felt a lot.
Dee Bryant
awesome book. Authors write this with a woman's heart for a woman's heart.
Tina
Some essays resonated while some did not.
Dana Lopez
a beautiful journey towards God. Amazing.
  • Unto the Hills
  • My Heart's Cry
  • Life Interrupted
  • Devotional Bible-Ncv: Experiencing the Heart of Jesus
  • Maximize the Moment: God's Action Plan For Your Life

FROM THE AUTHOR'S WEB PAGE: Beth founded Living Proof Ministries in 1994 with the purpose of teaching women how to love and live on God’s Word. She has written numerous books and Bible studies, including Breaking Free, Believing God, and When Godly People Do Ungodly Things, that have been read by women of all ag
More about Beth Moore...
Breaking Free: Discover the Victory of Total Surrender Praying God's Word: Breaking Free From Spiritual Strongholds Esther: It's Tough Being a Woman [With 6 DVDs and Leader Guide, Member Book] So Long, Insecurity: You've Been A Bad Friend To Us Get Out of That Pit!: Straight Talk about God's Deliverance

“Life works most perfectly when a reciprocal love relationship is in place between man and God.” 10 likes
“Lord, You know me. You know my natural personality is given to fear. You know all my insecurities. You know that I have a need to be loved and to feel significant and to feel affirmed. And Father, I’m not going to ask my family to do that for me today. They may or may not, and if they do, that’s wonderful. But Father, You are my sole satisfaction, and I ask You to satisfy me this morning with Your unfailing love.” 5 likes