Start by marking “Barbie: A Fairy Secret” as Want to Read:
Barbie: A Fairy Secret

Barbie: A Fairy Secret (Barbie Step into Reading)

3.73  ·  Rating Details  ·  140 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
In Barbie's latest direct-to-DVD movie, Barbie discovers that there are fairies living all around us! But when Ken gets kidnapped by an evil fairy, Barbie and her friends must travel to the enchanted fairy world and save him. Barbie(TM): A Fairy Secret promises to be Barbie's most successful movie ever! Girls will love this exciting new Step 2 reader based on Barbie's late ...more
Published January 25th 2011 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Barbie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Barbie

Inspired Kathy
May 24, 2012 Inspired Kathy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
My daughter just watched this movie last week so she was excited to find it at the library. This was painful to read and has to be one of the worst adaptations I've read. You can't put an entire movie in 26 pages that only have 1 or 2 sentences... it just doesn't make sense.
Holly Letson
3.5* at best, as I felt that this rushed the story and left out some of the details from the movie. But, it did do a pretty decent job of telling the story.
I hate how Raquelle is always made out as an antagonist in Barbie books. I like her. Also, I had not realized that the wings that B&R had at first were "fake".
Varshini Iyer
Mar 24, 2014 Varshini Iyer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Carry and Taylor dress Barbie up for seeing a movie with Ken. While Barbie is in the spotlight Raquelle deliberately rips the back of Barbie's skirt and steals the spotlight. Carry and Taylor realizing this bring her to a corner and with their secret fairy magic puts things back on track. Barbie on realizing her friends' quick move wonders what exactly could have happened. On asking this, she is interrupted by Ken who is in a haste to see the movie. Barbie leaves thanking her friends. The next d ...more
Shanshad Whelan
Apr 03, 2015 Shanshad Whelan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'd give this exactly no stars if the rating system recognized it as a negative mark. Talk about the kind of book that attracts girls because, hey! Barbie! Fairies!

This is a book directed at early readers (Kindergarten and first grade). Yet the Barbie character here is not a kid, she's pretty much an adult, with an adult figure.

Now don't get me wrong, I watch and enjoy My Little Pony:FIM, I actually really like the latest rounds of Tinkerbell movies. But this? This is really inappropriate for th
Edma
Another beautiful barbie story that talks about another adventure that barbie lives. An incredible story of courage friendship and love, but most important magic!!!
Greisi
Jun 21, 2015 Greisi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a secret.
Kaitlyn
I love this book
Averi Hawley
I LOVE A BABY GIRL YES IT WAS
Tuba
I think some fairy had wings and some don't had wings and two fairy give's to other fairy a
wings and one fairy like the boy and the barbie like that boy but the boy like the other fairy and some fairy come hlep the boy and ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the end happy at fun rocg

Shannon
Aug 08, 2011 Shannon added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
Shelves: childrens
Aweful. Can't imagine what age group they think the language or story line is appropriate for. Disappointed to not have read it before my daughter did.
Yvonne
Jun 16, 2011 Yvonne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Isabelle liked this book a lot! The names were a little hard in the book...a little unfamiliar....Zane and Graciella.
Anusha
Anusha marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2016
Gurdeep Singh
Gurdeep Singh marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
Pernilla lewis
Pernilla lewis marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
Megan
Megan is currently reading it
Jul 17, 2016
yarabett
yarabett marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
jennifer kebriti
jennifer kebriti is currently reading it
Jul 12, 2016
Larissa Mahon
Larissa Mahon marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Rohit Kumar
Rohit Kumar marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Shahd
Shahd rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2016
Shantal Ellis
Shantal Ellis marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Yvonne Diaz
Yvonne Diaz marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
anusha panda
anusha panda marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Rekha
Rekha marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Angel dolero
Angel dolero marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
LE THANH TAN
LE THANH TAN rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2016
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Joy
Joy marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Barbie: A Fashion Fairytale
  • Fancy Nancy and the Too-Loose Tooth
  • Barbie: Thumbelina
  • Henry and Mudge and Annie's Perfect Pet (Henry and Mudge, #20)
  • Froggy Goes to Camp
  • Barbie and the Diamond Castle (Barbie)
  • Pinkalicious and the Cupcake Calamity
  • A Mother's Love (Disney/Pixar Brave)
  • Princess Posey and the Monster Stew (Princess Posey, #4)
  • Barbie & the Beast
  • Patch (Breyer Stablemates)
  • Mouse and Mole: A Winter Wonderland
  • Charlie the Ranch Dog: Charlie's New Friend
  • I Can Name 50 Trees Today!: All About Trees
  • Kiss the Cow!

Barbie Step into Reading (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • Barbie and the Diamond Castle (Barbie)
  • Barbie and the Magic of Pegasus (Step into Reading)
  • Barbie and the Three Musketeers
  • Barbie as the Island Princess (Barbie)
  • Fairytale Collection (Barbie)
  • Barbie: Fairytopia (Step into Reading)
  • Barbie in a Mermaid Tale (Barbie)
  • Barbie in The 12 Dancing Princesses (Step into Reading)
  • Barbie Mariposa
  • Barbie: On the Road (Barbie (Random House))